4th Game Lucky Today - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

4th Game Lucky Today

Ticket for the Morton v Celtic game

Ticket for the Watford v Sheffield Utd game

Ticket for Wigan v Aston Villa game

ALL OFF

Now going to head up to the Hibs v Irvine Meadow game.

Hope all goes well Jim, enjoy

Ticket for the Morton v Celtic game

Ticket for the Watford v Sheffield Utd game

Ticket for Wigan v Aston Villa game

ALL OFF

Now going to head up to the Hibs v Irvine Meadow game.

At least that one went ahead. Shame Medda couldn't manage to scrape a replay out of it though, did they manage to make a game of it at least?

At least that one went ahead. Shame Medda couldn't manage to scrape a replay out of it though, did they manage to make a game of it at least?

Impressed with medda and they were unlucky not to be in front at half time I thought, they tired in the second half but still gave a very good account of themselves but that's were the plaudits have to end I'm afraid, the team, real supporters and the town were let down badly by sections of their support, although I accept that was not the 'real' medda support who follow the team week in week out but it did show a poor reflection on the town of Irvine I'm afraid with their 90 mins of We are the people, Follow Follow we will follow Rangers, Fen1an Scum/bas@rds, The Sash, God save the Queen to name but a few whilst wearing Rangers scarfs and waving Union flags.

the team, real supporters and the town were let down badly by sections of their support, although I accept that was not the 'real' medda support who follow the team week in week out but it did show a poor reflection on the town of Irvine I'm afraid with their 90 mins of We are the people, Follow Follow we will follow Rangers, Fen1an Scum/bas@rds, The Sash, God save the Queen to name but a few whilst wearing Rangers scarfs and waving Union flags.

Regular at Meadow Park are you?

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

meaning? Totally lost me.

You seem to have a very good idea of what the real Irvine Meadow fans are all about.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Guest David Edwards
Impressed with medda and they were unlucky not to be in front at half time I thought, they tired in the second half but still gave a very good account of themselves but that's were the plaudits have to end I'm afraid, the team, real supporters and the town were let down badly by sections of their support, although I accept that was not the 'real' medda support who follow the team week in week out but it did show a poor reflection on the town of Irvine I'm afraid with their 90 mins of We are the people, Follow Follow we will follow Rangers, Fen1an Scum/bas@rds, The Sash, God save the Queen to name but a few whilst wearing Rangers scarfs and waving Union flags.

Bloody hell but that's depressing.

You seem to have a very good idea of what the real Irvine Meadow fans are all about.

Not at all If you read what i said although I accept that was not the 'real' medda support who follow the team week in week that is because I spoke to a Irvine Meadow fan after the game who told me that what was on show today who not what Irvine Meadow fans were all about, I have also read on other forums where guys who follow Irvine Meadow every week have said that they were disgusted by what happened yesterday and again it was not what they were about. On the whole I was accepting what I was told and what I read was not the norm.

I think the fact they play in Rangers colours right down to the black and red socks is a bit of a give away.

It is their regular support. I used to watch them in the early 80s before my Mum would let me travel to Cappielow on my own. Brother-in-law still goes along with the rest of his p/t rangers supporting chums. If you look on the official site you'll see the fans at away games with their union flags.

The ones not singing would have been people who were only there for the day out.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

It is their regular support. I used to watch them in the early 80s before my Mum would let me travel to Cappielow on my own. Brother-in-law still goes along with the rest of his p/t rangers supporting chums. If you look on the official site you'll see the fans at away games with their union flags.

The ones not singing would have been people who were only there for the day out.

Fair enough it was just the guy I spoke to said it was not and from what is being said else where it looked like he was being honest.

Fair enough it was just the guy I spoke to said it was not and from what is being said else where it looked like he was being honest.

Not often your right but your wrong again.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Not often your right but your wrong again.

Are you now a regular at Meadow Park?

or are you taking the word of one guy on here over the word all the other medda fans on other forums who have said it's not the case? Like I said before I was willing to accept what I was told and read but I didn't pass it off at any time as fact.

Not like you to twist and make out things for what they are not. :rolleyes:

Are you now a regular at Meadow Park?

or are you taking the word of one guy on here over the word all the other medda fans on other forums who have said it's not the case? Like I said before I was willing to accept what I was told and read but I didn't pass it off at any time as fact.

Not like you to twist and make out things for what they are not. :rolleyes:

Twisted hee haw and made no claims unlike yourself.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

but that's were the plaudits have to end I'm afraid, the team, real supporters and the town were let down badly by sections of their support, although I accept that was not the 'real' medda support who follow the team week in week out but it did show a poor reflection on the town of Irvine I'm afraid with their 90 mins of We are the people, Follow Follow we will follow Rangers, Fen1an Scum/bas@rds, The Sash, God save the Queen to name but a few whilst wearing Rangers scarfs and waving Union flags.

Show me the proof where I made those claims.

Eh, here, or do you have no inkling to what you write.

Bring back Gourock Morton Supporter, at least with that pseudonym the confusion was already apparent.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Eh, here, or do you have no inkling to what you write.

Bring back Gourock Morton Supporter, at least with that pseudonym the confusion was already apparent.

With that reply I show you what you twisted or have you no inkling to what you are reading?

With that reply I show you what you twisted or have you no inkling to what you are reading?

I will let the intelligent folk on here decide that one.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I think it's a pretty fair assumption for Jim to make about the "real" Meadow fans. We were in the top tier of the away stand, which was exclusively for folk who turned up on the day without tickets- I'd have imagined that any "real" Meadow fans would've got their tickets the minute they'd come out.

Early in the game there was a chant of "We are the people" which a number of folk across the top tier joined in but the most disgusting chants were generally reserved to one group of inbred, cave dwelling neanderthals. Fair to say that in all my years going to football I've seen, and often been involved in some pretty shameful scenes, but I've never seen anything like this lot. Songs about Jock Stein, Peter Tobin, Father Gerry from Tobin's church in Anderston amongst others. I pointed out to JonaTon one guy making Nazi salutes but he corrected me saying he was actually making a gesture referring to the red hand of Ulster- that makes it okay then!

This lot were generally guys in their late teens and early twenties, but it was alarming to see children about ten years old also involved and a couple of about 55 who had no shame in sashing it up. I'd certainly not describe myself as any sort of a snob, but watching pondlife like that really make you think about how lucky we are.

They were wearing masks bearing Derek Wingate's face and there was a lot of anti Edinburgh jibes, suggesting to me that the main culprits were probably Glaswegians who knew him and were going along for his big day. Whilst Meadow undoubtably have a staunch Protestant element to their support, I'd seriously doubt the vermin that were leading the cries in the top tier yesterday had been to Meadow Park any more often than us.

Archived