Anti Social Behaviour - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Anti Social Behaviour

Tonsilitis

Following the case where local yobs hounded a woman to commit suicide and take her handicapped daughter with her, anyone got suggestions for solutions? In that particular instance, I would sack the chief constable for the sheer incompetence of his force and heads would roll at the council as well but the basic problem is the feral kids.

I think we need to be taking a harder line with them and get the do gooders away from the reins of power! We need to

1) Have far harder consequences for such kids including more use of curfews enforced by tags - break your curfew and you are in a secure remand centre with few luxuries and certainly not TV/fags/booze/cigarettes. Whilst there, you have to do supervised community work like clearing rubbish/graffiti, etc.

2) Hit the parents in the (benefits) pocket

I am not advocating a return to the days of the birch etc., but in the old days such kids would be dealt with by the local beat policeman taking them up a close and knocking seven bells out of him and for some of these kids, my dark side can't help but feel that would be a good thing.

Schools used to be a bit of a substitute for poor parents in days gone by for instilling some kind of discipline and respect for others but those days are long gone and there is very little correction for kids going wrong. Big problem!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Community service of the hardest kind for anyone who causes something like that to another human person. What pleasure do these people get by causing someone to commit suicide?

Or just get rid of all this human rights pish. If ye done something wrong, expect a beating by the police. In the past, people were s*** scared of the police, priests, teachers etc..due to the fact they could wallop any wee neds. Now you'll find it's the other way about.

Other than that, there's not much that can be done I guess.

We need to

1) Have far harder consequences for such kids including more use of curfews enforced by tags - break your curfew and you are in a secure remand centre with few luxuries and certainly not TV/fags/booze/cigarettes. Whilst there, you have to do supervised community work like clearing rubbish/graffiti, etc.

2) Hit the parents in the (benefits) pocket

neither of these will work.

I also find the term "anti social behaviour" a bit loose, where do you draw the line with it? a few cans up the park, making a bit too much noise in the street when theres no where else to go? and i could list a good few things that fall under that catagory that are frowned upon because of the label..

the case you mention was a little more than "anti social behaviour", threatening and terrifying the family, bullying.. a lot of other terms. I do agree that certain crimes should be clamped down on, this being one that should have been investigated properly from the start instead of being brushed aside as just kids teasing by the police. Major failings from the police force on this case.

a start would be to define the crime rather than shove it all under "anti social behaviour", one of strangest blanket terms ive heard for, kids out in the street doing anything an adult doesnt like. :)

edit to add: Most "anti social behaviour" occurs in areas of poverty, tackling poverty would improve the behaviour of many.. that would be the long haul answer.

short term, lock em up

Guest David Edwards
neither of these will work.

I also find the term "anti social behaviour" a bit loose, where do you draw the line with it? a few cans up the park, making a bit too much noise in the street when theres no where else to go? and i could list a good few things that fall under that catagory that are frowned upon because of the label..

the case you mention was a little more than "anti social behaviour", threatening and terrifying the family, bullying.. a lot of other terms. I do agree that certain crimes should be clamped down on, this being one that should have been investigated properly from the start instead of being brushed aside as just kids teasing by the police. Major failings from the police force on this case.

a start would be to define the crime rather than shove it all under "anti social behaviour", one of strangest blanket terms ive heard for, kids out in the street doing anything an adult doesnt like. :)

No thinking permitted here, only knee jerks.

Guest David Edwards
you replied before i added my edit of:

lock em up :)

And quite right too you are. More polis and more prisons will be required in the short term, more education and more employment in the medium to long term, all coupled with an overhaul of the tax and benefits systems.

Community service of the hardest kind for anyone who causes something like that to another human person. What pleasure do these people get by causing someone to commit suicide?

Or just get rid of all this human rights pish. If ye done something wrong, expect a beating by the police. In the past, people were s*** scared of the police, priests, teachers etc..due to the fact they could wallop any wee neds. Now you'll find it's the other way about.

Other than that, there's not much that can be done I guess.

I am not sure in the good old days it was all the safer because of the immense powers these pillars of society had to inflict "justice" like beatings, locking them away,etc on children and adults . Just ment it went unrecorded or you could do nothing if you did received a beating(or a lot worse) from these "law abiding" :lol: institutes. Now don't get me wrong I am no dogooder but its not as straight forward to say let the police physically hammer them. There was enough avenues that the system had in place that should have been followed( i am led to believe) in the case mentioned to get a "result" but those involved did not follow the correct procedures .The very institutes you would intrust today to inflict a hiding(or alot worse) on these boys/girls . If they can't follow these procedures would you entrust them to beat the living day lights out of whoever they judge to be deserving of it or should society batter the priests,teachers,social workers etc for not doing their job. Not many would agree to that so another solution i suggest is needed. A better balance of power would be my view on the best way for society to florish. An analysis of the past makes me conclude an imbalance of power in society is destructive.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

The answer: A new requirement for all potential parents to apply for a birth license. Unlicensed parenting automatically exempts offenders from social security benefits, a National Insurance eligibility to work and access to NHS health care for both parent(s) and offspring.

All major towns and cities will have a residential camp in outlying districts to house offending families, offering basic ammenities and shelter to satisy Brussels dictated bureaucracy. This will be funded through taxation from birth license fee's (so still a bit of a drain on the public purse, but hey ho).

There will be a bit of a bedding in period in the first couple of years until everyone gets used to the new scheme, but ultimately it will lead to a less plebful society.

Guest David Edwards
The answer: A new requirement for all potential parents to apply for a birth license.

There will be a bit of a bedding in period in the first couple of years.

:lol:

Remove the weekend.

Habitual anti social (note, not more serious criminal acts such as the carrying of knives, assault etc which would go directly to prosecution in the current terms) behaviour should result in offenders requiring to report to weekend detention centres.

Report Friday evening at 7pm, depart 1pm Sunday afternoon. (total consecutive weekends would be determined by tariff)

There are 2 approaches that could be taken.

1.Locked up in a typical Police cell, hairy blanket, minimal interaction with anyone (only when food/water is delivered). No concept of time, no bevvy, no drugs, no books, TV's, iPods, nothing, nante, zilch but the clothes you stand in.

Of course the first option is somewhat draconian and may or may not only be used in those who do not comply to option 2, (or option 1 as it would be).

2.Detained at the weekend in functional workshops, education and civil redemption. (NOT community service in its present state). This would take the form of offering various pursuits that may result in at least a percentage of wayward gaining some sort of respect for society. The option would be simple, embrace this option or face the alternative.

The only way the situation is going to improve is by targeting those who lead this sort of behaviour and provide the others with alternatives when they follow the bad example set.

Of course, its all pie in the sky as funding would never be forthcoming.

But wait a minute! Take away the option of just weekend detention and what are we left with.

Number 1 already exists almost everwhere..

It’s called Jail (the way it should be)

Number 2 already exists in many countries with fewer social problems than ours.

It’s called National Service.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

barbie, I remember this being on here before and agreeing with yourself and midton on this.

Weekend jail is the best option but instead o lockdown which is non benifical get them out from 6am sat morning till 6pm sat night doing community service. the embarrasment factor of walking about in orange jumpsuits as their mates slag them off while passing them going out and about.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

Birch the basterds to within an inch of their lives, and if any scummy social worker type bleats in horror add his little pink botty to the whip round! :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
Birch the basterds to within an inch of their lives, and if any scummy social worker type bleats in horror add his little pink botty to the whip round! :lol:

Here we go again with the mad Marquis De Mentaljag lusting after pink posteriors.

Archived