Post Match - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Post Match

Madton

Thats all well and good while you have players under contract, what you have to ask is what player is going to stick around and what player is going to want to come to cappielow and be treated like a naughty school boy.

Ebu, can you translate your sig.? With my feeble Latin knowledge it reads as-"Be able to guard yourself from the guard". Is this even close?

HHkTu1F.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that is what it is, given his avatar.

:)

What a great game it was on Tue, credit to both teams for making it a spectacle in the Cumbernauld fcking weather (why do I work there!?>!?!!? :) )

But, it was pretty audacious of Clyde to score one goal never mind two!!! Good and fast on the break, but they were never really in it.

Kev Finlayson...I lost the rag with him, I hold my hands up - defended great, idiotic going forward....christ, he's frustrating.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Go onto my blog and scroll down the page there are player profiles on the right hand side. If you click on their name and scroll down there are full Morton career statistics for all the players. You'll need to work out goal ratios for yourself as I haven't done that.

http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/

For all this season's stats including appearances, goals, assists, cards click here: http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/2000/...yers-stats.html

Brilliant stuff Jonaton, much appreciated! Using your data I've now compiled the details I was looking for to compare the scoring ratios of our recognised strikers.

The results are as follows, in order of merit:

1/ Brian Wake: Morton career - 1 in 2 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2 starts

2/ Brian Graham: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2 start

3/ Iain Russell: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2.5 starts

4/ Peter Weatherson: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 3 starts

5/ Jon Newby: Morton career - 1 in 4 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 4 starts

6/ James Grady: Morton career - 1 in 11 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 11 starts

This would translate to potential goals per season (if starting every week) of:

Wake - 21, 21

Graham- 17, 21

Russell - 14, 17

Weatherson - 14, 14

Newby - 11, 11

Grady - 4, 4

Brilliant stuff Jonaton, much appreciated! Using your data I've now compiled the details I was looking for to compare the scoring ratios of our recognised strikers.

The results are as follows, in order of merit:

1/ Brian Wake: Morton career - 1 in 2 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2 starts

2/ Brian Graham: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2 start

3/ Iain Russell: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 2.5 starts

4/ Peter Weatherson: Morton career - 1 in 3 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 3 starts

5/ Jon Newby: Morton career - 1 in 4 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 4 starts

6/ James Grady: Morton career - 1 in 11 starts, Season 2008/9 - 1 in 11 starts

This would translate to potential goals per season (if starting every week) of:

Wake - 21, 21

Graham- 17, 21

Russell - 14, 17

Weatherson - 14, 14

Newby - 11, 11

Grady - 4, 4

I think there is only one thing we can conclude from this - start every game with 6 strikers, and we'll score a sh*tload of goals. :D

I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool!

I think there is only one thing we can conclude from this - start every game with 6 strikers, and we'll score a sh*tload of goals. :D

You mean since we have 6 prolific strikers? <_ you could start with a front three of russell weatherson wake which should gaurantee goals provided the service is there. i realise has created more in last two games and grady not an out striker though that doesn mean he shouldn take chances come his way.>

Kev Finlayson...I lost the rag with him, I hold my hands up - defended great, idiotic going forward....christ, he's frustrating.

Aye, I heard you shout "Get him off FFS!" We all lose the plot sometimes. :P

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived