Royal Ordnance Factory Bishopton - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Royal Ordnance Factory Bishopton

MORTON1985

Guest David Edwards

Absolutely brilliant! I've always been curious about the ROF. I remember when I commuted to Glasgow by train in the early 70s and passed by the factory; when the train stopped at Bishopton and loads of ROF workers got off........ I still wonder to this day what it must've been like to work in there. The photos give me a little glimpse, and I thank you (Morton 1985) for that.

Guest David Edwards
Some people still work there, it is huge.

Thanks for that. I thought that the whole site had closed but I see now that part of it remains as a test facility. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with the tests.

Thanks for that. I thought that the whole site had closed but I see now that part of it remains as a test facility. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with the tests.

Unless Shagger and Rosie pop down for a wee pre-hump demo!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

They wont want that riff raff down in Bishy, and I dont think even shagger would touch Rosie with the proverbial barge pole! Mind you doesnt a certain pink suited politician reside down that way???????

annabel_goldie.jpg

:lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Thats the one , should be rounded up, branded and put in a field! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blink:

But she's a lovely lady-if only she'd met the right partner things would have been different. Apparently she scoured the whole of Aberdeen and Angus without a single taker.

YER BARD

Its some right interesting pictures and to think the place is suppose to be secure aswell. Some right bad accidents happen in there through out the years and not pleasant accidents aswell like explosives going off on people faces and people losing fingers and that. Its a shame they took away the work from there must have employed a good few thousand people. David Edwards as you said first time i ever saw it was on train going to glasgow, then my uncle told me he worked there at the time and can always remeber going to there christmas party when i was about 9 they held for the employees children at the bishopton rugby club i think it was.

Its some right interesting pictures and to think the place is suppose to be secure aswell. Some right bad accidents happen in there through out the years and not pleasant accidents aswell like explosives going off on people faces and people losing fingers and that. Its a shame they took away the work from there must have employed a good few thousand people. David Edwards as you said first time i ever saw it was on train going to glasgow, then my uncle told me he worked there at the time and can always remeber going to there christmas party when i was about 9 they held for the employees children at the bishopton rugby club i think it was.

The cordite in my mums overall pockets when she came in from work came in very handy :ph34r:

Bishopton ROF Club as it was (now Bishopton Sports & Social Club).

I'm in there every Friday night for my sins.

Around 10 years ago there was an old guy who used to drink in the village who used to be a chemist in the ROF until an explosion rendered him unable to speak. A very clever man who, in his twilight years, could only communicate by writing things on bits of paper.

In that case Donwan, I'll know you and you'll know me.

It's not THAT busy :ph34r:

Its certainly not been busy recently. :( Wont be there tonight though as I am working. I know a few Ton fans from in there right enough, Im intrigued, you may be one of them B)

Archived