Newby - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Newby

AJCTON

Just curious as to what is happening with him will he be back or not? He showed some promise at times but he is commited to morton that much is clear for what ever reason. I hope we know sooner rather than later as it will be a wage bill that could be utilised on another player

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious as to what is happening with him will he be back or not? He showed some promise at times but he is commited to morton that much is clear for what ever reason. I hope we know sooner rather than later as it will be a wage bill that could be utilised on another player

He added definite width and linked well. Also capable of putting a decent cross over.

I was thinking about Jon Newby at Dundee on Saturday and in particular about the view of his 'unforgivable' miss which Irons would have got from the dugout. I still think Irons got that badly wrong!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I don't know what to make of Newby. His movement is excellent, he seems to be able to understand what his team-mates are doing...

...but he doesn't seem to be a very good player at all. :unsure: I wouldn't mind seeing him back though, it could be that he performs better in a better team, and he gives us something a wee bit different from our other options up front.

AWMSC

I think that Newby and Weatherson could be a decent combination up front. I only saw Newby play in about 3 competitive matches, but his movement did impress me and he scored on his league debut. If bridges can be rebuilt & Newby has the desire to stay in/travel to Scotland I don't see why he couldn't reclaim his place in the team as Grady, Wake and Russell have yet to make themselves the obvious choice as Peter's partner up front.

Or we could try a 4-3-3:

----------------------------Cuthbert--------------------------

McGregor--------Greacen---------Shimmin--------Walker

--------------Jenkins------Masterton----McGuffie-----------

Newby--------------------Weatherson-------------McAlister

Who knows...

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

I only saw newby a few times for us and once for burton when he touched the ball about 3 times and in general looked poor but it would appear he improved as time went on for them. I dont think that his signing was thought through regarding his personal circumstances and travel. To much of a gamble imo but we may have no choice but to keep him

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

He added definite width and linked well. Also capable of putting a decent cross over.

I was thinking about Jon Newby at Dundee on Saturday and in particular about the view of his 'unforgivable' miss which Irons would have got from the dugout. I still think Irons got that badly wrong!

The only thing Newby's added to at Cappielow is the wage bill.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Does his contract run out in the summer or did he get a 2 year deal?

One year deal

Newby

2 year deal, as we gave just about everyone we signed in the summer...and now we're lumbered with some dead wood that we can't move on <_>

You just making it up as you go along?

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Archived