Prince Harry - Page 17 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Prince Harry

xj2006

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. - I used to go and see my granny get the red double-decker bus back down the road to Greenock which left from St Enoch Square.

I also went to see Francie and Josie in the St Enoch Railway Station ( why/what they were doing there I can't remember as it's that long ago).

Guest David Edwards
P.S. - I used to go and see my granny get the red double-decker bus back down the road to Greenock which left from St Enoch Square.

I also went to see Francie and Josie in the St Enoch Railway Station ( why/what they were doing there I can't remember as it's that long ago).

Mibbies they were gaun up the Coocaddens to see their Auntie Jessie. She was a big, big, Wumman. Sure Josie, sure.

Political correctness is at fault as well in this regard. All non-white people are classed as 'black' in a political sense, you can probably blame Naom Chomsky and all his nonsense about semiotics for that. People use terms like the 'Black and Minority Ethnic Community' when they should really know better. No such thing exists.

Another disgrace of the left.

In other news, and this is actually true, the BBC have just revealed that Prince Charles has a black friend at his polo club he calls 'Sooty'!!! Thought he might try to 'sweep' that one under the carpet or he may get 'sued'.

Ah, thank you. I'm here all week, try the beef.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

And, as with the term in the original post, one that only a cretin would use Douglas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good Peter!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
Another disgrace of the left.

In other news, and this is actually true, the BBC have just revealed that Prince Charles has a black friend at his polo club he calls 'Sooty'!!! Thought he might try to 'sweep' that one under the carpet or he may get 'sued'.

I wonder what 'Sooty' calls Prince Charles. I know what I would call him.

Oh come on Douglas, you know it's true. :P :rolleyes:

I must say, Peter, that I find the term 'half-caste' much less offensive than 'cr*tin'.

Good gracious, I'm sure CHC will be the first to agree that the mere publishing of the word on a pubic massage board risks offending thousands of innocent victims of hypothyroidism.

Sometimes Peter, just sometimes, you disappoint me. :lol:

cr*tinism!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I must say, Peter, that I find the term 'half-caste' much less offensive than 'cr*tin'.

Good gracious, I'm sure CHC will be the first to agree that the mere publishing of the word on a pubic massage board risks offending thousands of innocent victims of hypothyroidism.

Sometimes Peter, just sometimes, you disappoint me. :lol:

cr*tinism!

Ok Douglas, in the spirit of the thread I apologise for using the word. I'll change it to 'intellectually challenged' or 'the hard of thinking'. :lol:

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Ok Douglas, in the spirit of the thread I apologise for using the word. I'll change it to 'intellectually challenged' or 'the hard of thinking'. :lol:

I should think so Peter, though I am of the humble opinion that the term 'intellectually challenged' may possibly cause offence in some quarters. CHC would undoubtedly agree.

Can't you think of a less offensive term for cretins those possibly, but by no means certainly, (for who are we to judge) unfortunate folks, Peter? :blink:

YER BARD

"As beermonkey points out there's MUCH more to a word than its simple existence. It's how the word is used, where it's used, and the reason for its use which should be assessed."

Absolutely - being a 50 something, in my younger days I'd refer to going down to the 'Pak1s' shop with absolutely no malice intended - it was just the term used. However, I'd now refer to any such shop as 'asian'.

I also used to refer to Pakistani's/Indians as 'coloured' with absolutely no malice intended, but the politically correct seem to think the term used should be 'black' - whereas I'd say 'brown' would be more acurate.

I really don't know if the word 'Pak1' is actually derogetive to an actual Pakistani who owns a newsagents shop or whatever when used in a friendly manner, but as the term is now very often used in derogatory terms I'd say it should be avoided.

Then again, maybe not.

I've really not got a clue actually.

I agree with Danny's post and that is my viewpoint. I used to say these things, now I know the power in them and that they can be offensive to some people.

The fact that they can be offensive to anyone means I err on the side of caution and do not use them anymore, just in case like.

Other people don't feel that way, and that's up to them.

What my original point was, that perhaps Prince Harry should be the type of person who should err on the side of caution. Just in case, like.

Ok? That's me done here! :)

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

I don't need to say another thing, mate. Exhibit A is this thread.

Yer Dong

Guest David Edwards
I should think so Peter, though I am of the humble opinion that the term 'intellectually challenged' may possibly cause offence in some quarters. CHC would undoubtedly agree.

Can't you think of a less offensive term for cretins those possibly, but by no means certainly, (for who are we to judge) unfortunate folks, Peter? :blink:

I think nachodawking might be able to clarify this one for us. Would 'lacking in intellectual development' be acceptable? :D

I'm not answering that to be honest, mate. Everyone on this thread, apart from guy who appears to be.....let's not go there, is a good guy.

They just think differently about this to me. I'm not going to judge them or say they are wrong, that's the way they were brought up and that's the way they still feel about it. I disagree with a lot of it, but if that's the way they are, that's the way they are, and I'll accept it.

Yer Dong

I think nachodawking might be able to clarify this one for us. Would 'lacking in intellectual development' be acceptable? :D

I think not. The merest suggestion of failure in any of life's pursuits may undoubtedly be construed offensive by some.

I'd imagine the only possible solution to this horrific dilemma is that we stop speaking altogether.

There again, I'm pretty sure that would cause some to go in the huff.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Anyway, I've just been told (I'm afraid I can't confirm this) that Prince Charles has a friend who is not white skinned and whom he allegedly refers to as 'Sooty'.

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
:lol:

Aye, I know what you mean, there's not a lot in this thread to make you proud to be either Scottish or a Ton fan, is there? :(

Conversely, there isn't much in this thread that would make me embarrassed about being Scottish or a Ton fan. And there are plenty of 'politically correct' people who wouldn't be caught out using 'inappropriate language' who can be deeply racist, sexist, sectarian, ageist, 'you fecking name the prejudice' at heart. You know the types I'm sure, the ones that don't really want to live next door to someone from 'The BME Community', only they wouldn't dream of admitting it.

Archived