Cappielow In Book On Scottish Football Grounds - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Cappielow In Book On Scottish Football Grounds

El gofer

Flicking through a book by a fella called Gary Sutherland while in tesco earlier.

General synopsis is that he has gone around all grounds in Scotland and comments on local pubs, the ground, atmosphere, quality of pies and a bit on the match.

He was at the game v Peterhead a couple of years back finished 4-2. Good game to pick.

Thought the Norseman had a good selection of malts and it sold Pot Noodles!!

Said that Cappielow or Crapielow as some from Paisley called it used to be terrible but that the new Cowshed created a good atmosphere. Couldnt comment on the pies as he was totally full from his lunch, but asked the guy next to him said his pie was "ok."

Said that the game was the best he had seen.

He also mentioned Live is Life and the May Hughes Dancers!!!!!

I read the couple of pages and thought that the guys view on Cappielow was pretty much spot on.

What do folk think of our place on matchday? I enjoy it apart from not being able to see the game from the pie stall!!

Flicking through a book by a fella called Gary Sutherland while in tesco earlier.

General synopsis is that he has gone around all grounds in Scotland and comments on local pubs, the ground, atmosphere, quality of pies and a bit on the match.

He was at the game v Peterhead a couple of years back finished 4-2. Good game to pick.

Thought the Norseman had a good selection of malts and it sold Pot Noodles!!

Said that Cappielow or Crapielow as some from Paisley called it used to be terrible but that the new Cowshed created a good atmosphere. Couldnt comment on the pies as he was totally full from his lunch, but asked the guy next to him said his pie was "ok."

Said that the game was the best he had seen.

He also mentioned Live is Life and the May Hughes Dancers!!!!!

I read the couple of pages and thought that the guys view on Cappielow was pretty much spot on.

What do folk think of our place on matchday? I enjoy it apart from not being able to see the game from the pie stall!!

I think I bought Toby this book as a Christmas / Birthday present last year. If I remember correctly the author was also at the Clyde v Morton Challenge Cup semi-final.

I think I bought Toby this book as a Christmas / Birthday present last year. If I remember correctly the author was also at the Clyde v Morton Challenge Cup semi-final.

Is indeed, I believe its called "Hunting Grounds".

Like many, it seems, I got it at xmas aswell last year. ^_^

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Cappielow when it's full and noisy is fantastic, matches like that have been few and far between lately.

The Kilmarnock match two seasons ago was special, as was the Gretna 2-2 match in Division Two the year before that. You had a feeling that it was coming back at the Dunfermline match last month, and definitely last week against Dundee.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

There was a book around 1997/8 season called "A Season in Hell" which is exact same idea.

I've got A Season In Hell too actually. Prefer that to Hunting Grounds (sorry Jona!), probably because when I read it I hadn't been to every ground.

Guest David Edwards
I've got A Season In Hell too actually. Prefer that to Hunting Grounds (sorry Jona!), probably because when I read it I hadn't been to every ground.

There's just no pleasing some folk. :lol:

Toby, why dont you write a book like this??

I'm sure your perspective of some of the shiteholes that masquerade as football ground in Scotland would make a far more interesting read than some West End poof that fancies becoming an author.

*insert signature here*

Toby that would be genius!!

With a Gerry's tips section on pies or kerryoots!!!

You should approach a publisher. Any advance would be well utilised on research!!!

Yeah, most publishers would bite your hand off for a book about lower league Scottish grounds. Could see a million units. :blink:

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Aye fair enough smart erse. Wisnae bein totally serious.

On the grumpy pills again? Or is it the wine? Mine is no bad incidentally. Half price rioja from tesco.

:lol: I got 15 bottles of red wine for 40 quid. I was hoping they would last until Christmas but two down already. I was in Tesco in Greenock a couple of weeks ago, what a scarey place. Like Halloween but all year round.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Archived