Q E 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q E 2

HMS Willow

Probably one of the best vantage points is up Belville St as the turning point in the river is up that way.

Tourists and the likes will be mobbing the Lyle Hill and the Esplanade so places like Belville St will probably only be crowded with mostly locals.

Good to see the council bidding her farewell with a fireworks display this evening.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming down this afternoon to see her. I believe the terminal will be open for a few hours to let people see her up close. Belville St is a good shout Willow. Will prob go up that way on arrival at Greenock. Unfortunately as I will have the wee man with me, and he has school tomorrow, we won't be able to stay for the fireworks but I am sure we will enjoy the afternoon anyway.

Weather looks as though it's going to be good.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Coming down this afternoon to see her. I believe the terminal will be open for a few hours to let people see her up close. Belville St is a good shout Willow. Will prob go up that way on arrival at Greenock. Unfortunately as I will have the wee man with me, and he has school tomorrow, we won't be able to stay for the fireworks but I am sure we will enjoy the afternoon anyway.

There's not a cloud in thesky down here and Radio Clyde have said it's to stay that way the rest of the day.

Has there been much publicity about her last visit in the national press ??

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

There's not a cloud in thesky down here and Radio Clyde have said it's to stay that way the rest of the day.

Has there been much publicity about her last visit in the national press ??

Haven't read the papers today yet, but there was a story in the Evening Times yesterday. That's what jogged my memory about it. My dad had mentioned it a few weeks ago.

Think I also so something in the Daily Ranger during the week.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Taking the kids down today, and will probably go back down for the fireworks as well

just incase anyone is interested there is a webcam on the Cunard website showing her position, i used this last time she was here and watched her arriving.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/OnBoard/default.as...=QE2&sub=ac

The cruise cams are good. You can view it while it is bearthed at container terminal, mind and give us a wave if you go in to see it.

Isn't it a lovely day.....

Probably one of the best vantage points is up Belville St as the turning point in the river is up that way.

Tourists and the likes will be mobbing the Lyle Hill and the Esplanade so places like Belville St will probably only be crowded with mostly locals.

Good to see the council bidding her farewell with a fireworks display this evening.

Or from the roof of my workplace :ph34r: ;) .

What time is the fireworks at tonight then ?

Come doon the back road pal, Killie Road has got to have an oustanding view.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

She's past Wemyss Bay now . I am going to party on Esplanade. She is small in comparison to latest liners, but she has class and looks like a ship should,

DONT ABUSE YOUR FRIENDS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONSIDER IT CRITICISM

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RACES ON THIS PLANET - THE INTELLIGENT AND THE STUPID

Anybody else wishing she gently runs aground on a sandbank and becomes a permanent visitor attraction. She would look good berthed next to the Capitanus.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

why :lol:

No idea

I hate all this she and her patter, IT'S a boat. Stuff like the QE2 reminds me of the one show, readers digest and tacky royal london memorabilia. Middle england, depressing...

Its a ship.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived