Arsenal - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Arsenal

Guest Ghost

every team can have their off day as was proved on Saturday

no, of course bonus points are not scored for passing pretty.... however hearts are won as that is because arsenal play football the way it should be played - on the deck, skilfully, and always looking to attack

Nonsense, the way football ought to be played is down to opinion and taste - the ultimate objective of any team is success and Arsenal have had little of that. Their dogmatic apporach is but one reason for this.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nonsense, the way football ought to be played is down to opinion and taste - the ultimate objective of any team is success and Arsenal have had little of that. Their dogmatic apporach is but one reason for this.

fair enough, but I think 99.9% of the world's population would rather watch attractive football than the kick and rush stuff we have come to accept as the norm these days.

Seeing as Liverpool were castigated for an unconvincing win there at the start of the season, I expect Arsenal to be thoroughly pilloried for dropping yet more points at Sunderland. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Seeing as Liverpool were castigated for an unconvincing win there at the start of the season, I expect Arsenal to be thoroughly pilloried for dropping yet more points at Sunderland. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

I agree with that, probably the only thing we are kindled to on the boards when it comes to Liverpool.

But, i know what you are trying to state

ARSEnal are s***e :lol:

was a piss poor show

not helped by tactics that rangers would have been proud of last season

was a piss poor show

not helped by tactics that rangers would have been proud of last season

Wenger gets away with it whereas when Benitez does similar he's branded as useful as the tea lady at football management. Grand hypocrisy.

Wenger gets away with it whereas when Benitez does similar he's branded as useful as the tea lady at football management. Grand hypocrisy.

Don't think I have ever said a bad word about Benitez

However, when Arsenal have an off day everyone is delighted to pounce on them

If there is any debt it shouldn't be so big that 2 or 3 years profits won't pay it off.

Suppose that explains the (lack of) serious transfer dealings.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If there is any debt it shouldn't be so big that 2 or 3 years profits won't pay it off.

Suppose that explains the (lack of) serious transfer dealings.

Yes, these magical profits from fairytale land. Transfer fees are not the only sources of income/expenditure in football clubs - Arsenal are a selling club in order to finance their debt package: each year, every year.

wow that link is crazy, and possibly not 100% true

too many people with a jealousy of Arsenal these days...

Can't they just sit back and enjoy the football??

I like the first reply "So they are that much in debt how come they are doing better than you?,who you say are making a profit."

Yes, these magical profits from fairytale land. Transfer fees are not the only sources of income/expenditure in football clubs - Arsenal are a selling club in order to finance their debt package: each year, every year.

Arsenal must make an absolute fortune from the EPL, TV rights, Champions League, merchandise etc.

Their profits must be huge. Any debts left by the building of the new stadium should be gone within the next few years.

But then, there are no official figures of debt or profit so we can only speculate.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Arsenal must make an absolute fortune from the EPL, TV rights, Champions League, merchandise etc.

Their profits must be huge. Any debts left by the building of the new stadium should be gone within the next few years.

But then, there are no official figures of debt or profit so we can only speculate.

Not really, a lot of their young players cost substantial fees and the wage bill will actually be rather high. 4 players on £20k a week costs the same as one on £80k a week.

Archived