Terry Butcher - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Terry Butcher

Pretty pleased with this appointment. Being English obviously has its baggage, but I think he fits the bill for us and reckon we now have a fantastic coaching team with him and Burley.

Not kinda correct, infact:Come on Piehutt:

born 28 December 1958 in Singapore

Be interesting to see how the players take to being "geed up " before games by an ex England captain, oh to be a fly on the wall at that point ! A very strange / brave/ stupid / wise (delete as applicable !) appointment for an assistant, given that Burley was banging on in his press conference about the amount of quality Scottish coaches about at this time. Personally id have liked to have seen Joe Jordan in there.

Quite happy with Butcher as he'll certainly be inspirational in any dressing room.

Wonder how he'll feel after we beat that scummy mob on their own patch in May.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Not kinda correct, infact:Come on Piehutt:

born 28 December 1958 in Singapore

Mind you he does have 'Dodgy Shaped' eye features :P

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

i hope we get that friendly with england thats being talked about. to see a former england captain standing in our dugout with a scotland tracksuit on would really get it up the english fans!

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

All the best to him, I believe in Burley as being the best choice as manager, and therefore I believe in Butcher as the best man to assist him due to the fact that George feels he is. I also think that Pressley is a great choice as coach. I was never even a big fan of Pressley as a player, yet I still think he will make a great coach/manager in the future. I have no idea why, but sometimes you just feel some guys are cut out to be more than a player.

I wish George, Terry and Steven all the best in their new roles. I believe in them, and the whole of Scotland has to do likewise. We have the players to qualify for the next World Cup, I now believe we have the staff in place to help those players achieve their goal.

Also, whilst I'm unconvinced by Butcher's managerial record, I think he is professional enough to want to beat England. Vogts got a draw from Germany at home and was unlucky not to get at least the same over there, and will Capello refuse to send out a team to beat Italy should a miracle happen and England reach the Euro 2008 final? I think not. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of foreigners representing Scotland, but on the same hand the SFA has chosen that road and I'll give my continued and unrelenting support to my national team.

AWMSC

I'm disgusted by this appointment, butcher has pissed players off everywhere he's been, brentford players couldn't wait to see the back of him in his last "job".

Burley's gone down in my estimation already withou even picking a squad yet. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The future just ain't what it used to be

I've always liked Butcher, as a player, pundit and manager.

I think this is a very interesting move by Burley, and very surprised by it.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

All the best to him, I believe in Burley as being the best choice as manager, and therefore I believe in Butcher as the best man to assist him due to the fact that George feels he is. I also think that Pressley is a great choice as coach. I was never even a big fan of Pressley as a player, yet I still think he will make a great coach/manager in the future. I have no idea why, but sometimes you just feel some guys are cut out to be more than a player.

I wish George, Terry and Steven all the best in their new roles. I believe in them, and the whole of Scotland has to do likewise. We have the players to qualify for the next World Cup, I now believe we have the staff in place to help those players achieve their goal.

Also, whilst I'm unconvinced by Butcher's managerial record, I think he is professional enough to want to beat England. Vogts got a draw from Germany at home and was unlucky not to get at least the same over there, and will Capello refuse to send out a team to beat Italy should a miracle happen and England reach the Euro 2008 final? I think not. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of foreigners representing Scotland, but on the same hand the SFA has chosen that road and I'll give my continued and unrelenting support to my national team.

Hmmm - that really would be a miracle. They have about the same chance as Ivory Coast or Australia.

Archived