"next 3 Games Are The Biggest Of Our Season" - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"next 3 Games Are The Biggest Of Our Season"

hayfever

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is only this: many of us have 'reservations' and Stevie Wonder could spot deficiencies in the current set up but it will not serve the push for promotion at such a critical stage if we constantly give vent to them. Why can't judgement be reserved until the end of the season ? 'Blood' should not be shed now, surely it would be counterproductive and detrimental to morale if certain individuals were identified now as surplus to future requirements. It might sound like: 'Away and play your heart out for us just now Son, but you're getting booted out the door as soon as the season ends'.

For me promotion is the only picture showing at the moment. What happens after is a new movie entirely.

I can appreciate your sentiments about not wishing to upset the squad of players at this time . Perhaps you can pass that point onto JM who after all when Scott McLaughlin was suspended for the Brechin game Dean , Alex and Kev must have thought one of them would start that game no I'll change the system then revert back the following week . There is also the situation where players not performing to a credible level are still certs for the starting eleven . So for all those fringe players I don't think a move away would be a shock probably in some cases a relief that they can get regular football .

If you have reservations when we do win the league you will be swanped with WE WON THE LEAGUE ... what kind of supporter are you !

These guys are professionals I think most of our players have been at other senior clubs so they all should be well aware of expectations and supporter comments . I genuinely think we are to easy on them and they have had and easy ride from supporters all things considered .

I just don't like that the fans are getting the blame when there is clearly deeper problems than the odd misplaced comment.

the only time i've booed a morton team was during the embarrassment that was 2003-04, but you have to admit this is a difficult team to like. if the team had even a little bit of heart, they'd be getting a fraction of the criticism.

i do think that booing is counter-productive, that's why i see this forum as the best place to rattle off your fears and worries. there should be distinctions drawn between the idiots who abuse players during games and those who voice their concerns after the game on here.

the guy below loves the boaby.

i do think that booing is counter-productive, that's why i see this forum as the best place to rattle off your fears and worries. there should be distinctions drawn between the idiots who abuse players during games and those who voice their concerns after the game on here.

That man is spot on

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Guest David Edwards
I can appreciate your sentiments about not wishing to upset the squad of players at this time . Perhaps you can pass that point onto JM who after all when Scott McLaughlin was suspended for the Brechin game Dean , Alex and Kev must have thought one of them would start that game no I'll change the system then revert back the following week . There is also the situation where players not performing to a credible level are still certs for the starting eleven . So for all those fringe players I don't think a move away would be a shock probably in some cases a relief that they can get regular football .

If you have reservations when we do win the league you will be swanped with WE WON THE LEAGUE ... what kind of supporter are you !

These guys are professionals I think most of our players have been at other senior clubs so they all should be well aware of expectations and supporter comments . I genuinely think we are to easy on them and they have had and easy ride from supporters all things considered .

I just don't like that the fans are getting the blame when there is clearly deeper problems than the odd misplaced comment.

I'm not blaming the fans, or criticising you. Every fan is entitled to their opinion and I respect that right. I share all of the frustrations of still being in this godforsaken division after so many failures to get out of it. I will however, prefer to keep any criticisms on hold during this critical period for the club. It's do or die for the team and the manager. And I'm sure we all hope that they 'do' rather than die. :)

it's really crunch time now, a result is absoulutely crucial saturday, with stirlings match against raith we very well could be 7 points on top yet again very soon

mon the ton!!!!!!!!

I'm not blaming the fans, or criticising you. Every fan is entitled to their opinion and I respect that right. I share all of the frustrations of still being in this godforsaken division after so many failures to get out of it. I will however, prefer to keep any criticisms on hold during this critical period for the club. It's do or die for the team and the manager. And I'm sure we all hope that they 'do' rather than die. :)

Well we have all been keeping our fingers crossed that long that the lack of circulation has meant several digits have fallen off. When we do win by whatever margin I predict a night of drunken debauchary. :P

Guest David Edwards
Well we have all been keeping our fingers crossed that long that the lack of circulation has meant several digits have fallen off. When we do win by whatever margin I predict a night of drunken debauchary. :P

When that Saturday comes, I'll be in the MSC (hopefully it'll be finished in time) for a good few celebratory swallies. You'll be welcome to join us Chrissiboi, and I'll be happy to discuss the rights and wrongs of this season, and what we should be doing for the next. But don't expect me to be talking any sense.

Roll on that day. :D

Yes, about 3,000 times. We get the f'cking point, you boring, predictable idiot. :P

How dare you call me predictable! :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He keeps saying that so at the end of the year he can say told you we won despite blah blah......

for the 4003rd time!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

the only time i've booed a morton team was during the embarrassment that was 2003-04, but you have to admit this is a difficult team to like. if the team had even a little bit of heart, they'd be getting a fraction of the criticism.

This man CAN think clearly now and again it seems!

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards

I don't think I could boo a Morton team, but that doesn't make me a better fan than those who have. It is indeed a difficult team to like, but we keep in mind that it plays for the club that most of us love.

To be fair, I think the team has shown 'heart' on more than one occasion this season. Let's hope that it does again, now when it really matters.

I agree with the distinctions you draw, but there are some on here that appear to prefer the negative to the positive; some who might even smirk if their prophecies of failure are realised. Of course I respect the genuine fan's right to criticise; it's part of this forum's purpose.

I don't think I could boo a Morton team, but that doesn't make me a better fan than those who have. It is indeed a difficult team to like, but we keep in mind that it plays for the club that most of us love.

To be fair, I think the team has shown 'heart' on more than one occasion this season. Let's hope that it does again, now when it really matters.

I agree with the distinctions you draw, but there are some on here that appear to prefer the negative to the positive; some who might even smirk if their prophecies of failure are realised. Of course I respect the genuine fan's right to criticise; it's part of this forum's purpose.

I am not aware of a single poster having said we'll fail to get promotion this season.

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
I am not aware of a single poster having said we'll fail to get promotion this season.

True, Mr Mortonjag.

But some have said that any success will be in spite of the manager. That would be a failure, for the manager at least. And some even advocate his replacement whatever the outcome, and might even smirk if this happens.

True, Mr Mortonjag.

But some have said that any success will be in spite of the manager. That would be a failure, on his part at least.

And some advocate his replacement whatever the outcome, and might even smirk if this happens.

How many account for 'some' DE?

I would definitely have a smirk! <_>

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards
How many account for 'some' DE?

I would definitely have a smirk! <_<

This would suprise me not, Mr Mortonjag.

This would suprise me not, Mr Mortonjag.

Then you shall have a premature smirk or two!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

YER BARD

Guest David Edwards

post-349-1173264202_thumb.jpg

Mortonjag celebrates the news that McInally is offered a contract for life following Morton's promotion to the SPL.

UrinalMotivator.jpg

Mortonjag celebrates the news that McInally is offered a contract for life following Morton's promotion to the SPL.

:unsure:

All will be revealed DE-IF JM gets us up to the SPL next season, I offer to strip off on the centre spot at Scapa, fall on my knees, and humbly kiss his arse!

Come to think of it-he'd probably just sit in the dug out with his arms folded, and that glaicet big Mona Lisa leer across his coupon. :wacko:

YER BARD

Archived