New Server - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Server

Guest se65an

I agree with those of you saying it's a pain in the ar*e. To those of you demanding better service-dry your eyes; servers can be problematic at best. This site is free. Unless I'm incredibly naive I don't think those that run it gain financially from it. I'm sure there are plenty of other things they could do with their time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with those of you saying it's a pain in the ar*e. To those of you demanding better service-dry your eyes; servers can be problematic at best. This site is free. Unless I'm incredibly naive I don't think those that run it gain financially from it. I'm sure there are plenty of other things they could do with their time.

While that's true, we did move the server so this would stop happening... and yet it does. And by the same token as the above, we can't expect people to keep using a site that isn't there to be used :P

I'll see what I can do...

EOho8Pw.png

4hrs 30mins later and this site is back up :angry:

I'm prepared to pay a tenner a year to Sean or whoever that's prepared to take on this site.

It's been up and down more since the transfer than before and that was bad enough.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

The service problems continue to dog this and most of the other sites I host.

I'm as fed up as the rest of you about it.

Give me another few days to work with the hosts to try and bottom out the problems, and if all else fails I will give the domain name away and someone else can have a go with this particular site.

Quite understand the frustrations - and to be honest - I can kind of do without the hassle.

A few more days - will give it that much - then make a call on what to do next.

4hrs 30mins later and this site is back up :angry:

I'm prepared to pay a tenner a year to Sean or whoever that's prepared to take on this site.

It's been up and down more since the transfer than before and that was bad enough.

Sean are you up for this or what ??

Hold on......

Would that mean an exclusive members club ??

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Give me another few days to work with the hosts to try and bottom out the problems, and if all else fails I will give the domain name away and someone else can have a go with this particular site.

Div, end of yir a prick! No one from Pishley can be anything but! :P

As for handing over the name, aye right, offer was made years ago, but you just love having a hold over a Morton forum.

If your true to yir words, I'll pay for a a new server! But i doubt you'd be true to yir words and come up with another excuse to keep it going.

But, I make it public, me as a Morton fan offer to take it on board! Up to you!

Div, end of yir a prick! No one from Pishley can be anything but! :P

As for handing over the name, aye right, offer was made years ago, but you just love having a hold over a Morton forum.

If your true to yir words, I'll pay for a a new server! But i doubt you'd be true to yir words and come up with another excuse to keep it going.

But, I make it public, me as a Morton fan offer to take it on board! Up to you!

I said I wouldn't give the domain name to YOU. That still applies :P

I said I wouldn't give the domain name to YOU. That still applies :P

As I thought!!

"Give me another few days to work with the hosts to try and bottom out the problems, and if all else fails I will give the domain name away and someone else can have a go with this particular site."

Ok, so I'll wait a day or two, but I doubt you will be true to yir word!

While I would rather have a 'ton fan running a 'ton site , I've got every faith in the Div Meister. If anybody on here could do a better job, they would be doing it already. Thanks for what you've done up to now baldy ! Don't listen to the boo boys ;)

Show Racism the Red Card

While I would rather have a 'ton fan running a 'ton site , I've got every faith in the Div Meister. If anybody on here could do a better job, they would be doing it already. Thanks for what you've done up to now baldy ! Don't listen to the boo boys ;)

Exactly, div puts in a fair bit of work and gets a shiiteload of hassle re this site and P&B, some people need to get a grip :rolleyes:

[He's still a baldy smelly skunk tho']

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Well, I've talked it over with div, and here's what's going to happen:

He's going to start tinkering with the site over the next few days; in the meantime I'm in discussions with www.pdhosting.net about moving the site over there should the uptime not improve. I've spoken to the guy who runs that company and asked about uptime guarantees, which he is happy to provide.

The domain name will remain unchanged if we move to pdhosting.net.

Incidentally, for those who (understandably) still think the site's hosted on the same server as P&B, use an IP checking website (e.g. this one: http://www.selfseo.com/find_ip_address_of_a_website.php ) and see the difference in the final digits.

EOho8Pw.png

Right Div ya fud.

GET IT f***IN SORTED.

.....and you think he will fix it for sayin that???

F......................./´¯/

U....................,/¯ /

C.................../..../

K............./´¯/`...`/´¯¯`· ¸

............/`/.../..../..... ../¨¯\

T........(`(...(...(.... ¯~/`...`)

H.........\.................` ...../

E...........`\`...\.......... _.·´

...............\............. .(

S..............\............. ..\

T...............

M.........

I.......

R.....

R...

E..

N.

Booo!!!! :P

Archived