And It's A No From Us! - Page 17 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

And It's A No From Us!

Well done to the clubs who have said no, i dont know what to make of les grays comments tbh, is he going to listen to the fans or think of the money, seems clear to me that it may be the latter, who cares at least we have made our position clear and will be able to live with ourselves.

Perhaps the SFL are giving The SPL the response they want, have u not thought of that

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be a blinder of a move, they thought they had a deal with the SFL now they see some renegading on the deal?

SPL clubs see that 'Sevco Rangers' may not go to div 1 but div 3. That would cost them a fortune, so they pull the 'ace' card and vote them back to the SPL?

There's also been talk of a so called 'nuclear' option. Basically, 'Sevco Rangers' don't play for a season and are 'invited' back to the SPL next year, with the SPL playing with 11 teams.

This does seem to be a possibilty but as long as the voting is still 8-4 then I doubt we'll see Rangers in the SPL next season. Or the 1st for that matter.

Motherwell have just came out and says they will say no, despite fear of there own club been forced into liquidation.

Respect. ^_^

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Flyerton has been about as reliable as the Daily Record on this one all along. Both desperately clutching at new straws from day to day.

Stranraer are now a 'No' too, and have released a very sensible and correct statement on the farce:

The committee of Stranraer FC met this evening to discuss the papers recently received in advance of the SFL clubs meeting. The papers indicate a number of proposals and scenarios to deal with the potential vacancy that would occur if the expulsion of an SPL club occurs this week.

The committee unanimously agreed that the proposals are produced in haste and are unconvinced about the justification for departing from the rules and standards that the SFL represent. As a club recently faced with possible extinction and fighting our way back from financial difficulties we fully understand the position that a club could find themselves placed in and as a supporters run club, fully understand the passions of the supporters of clubs affected by such an event.

We are not convinced at the emotive language currently being aired to describe the potential ramifications to our game should a NewCo not be given special case treatment and consider that the benefits that could be negotiated do not counter balance the damage that would be done to the credibility of the SFL as a governing body.

We hold the stance that it is our place to act in the best long term interests of Stranraer FC and for Scottish Football as a whole and see no reason to breach the integrity of the SFL by filling a vacancy at any level other than at the lowest tier. The possibility of placing a NewCo at any other level breaches the sporting competition of our organisation and compromises the very structure of our game. There should not be a special case made for any club and we believe that the proper place for a phoenix club to restart life is at the lowest level. We believe it is right and proper than any club should have the right to apply for the resulting vacancy and we would then form a view on which club we would support for election to any vacancy based on the presentation case made by the applicants.

Irrespective of the size, stature, history and resources of the club filling the vacancy, the opportunity exists for that club to find their way back to their natural tier in the league structure in a fair and equitable manner while being encouraged to trade and exist successfully within the means at their disposal.

Restructuring of the league set-up and governing bodies is complex and difficult with many differing views and interests across the clubs in the spectrum. The current proposal has been compiled as a reaction to the unique and unexpected circumstances we are faced with and while there are clearly a number of ingredients that have great merit, this is too great an issue to be dealt with in this seemingly indecent haste.

Stranraer FC support the opening of a vacancy in the lowest tier given the options available at present and remain open to the continuing challenge of working towards a better future for all involved in Scottish Football.

None of this 'start in the Third' pish: Sevco has to apply like any other non-league club. And should be rejected IMO.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Neil Doncaster's current 'presentation' to the SFL clubs is this:

SPL sponsorship contracts, TV deals *allegedly* require Sevco 5088 to be in the SPL by the 2013/14 season at the latest. So think about it. Not only are we to accept that a completely new club deserves to be artificially placed in the First Division for no good reason, but First Division clubs then have the duty to make sure Sevco win the league at the first attempt. Or the game's down the apparent swanny just as it is when they're punted into the Third.

It is quite simply corruption.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Neil Doncaster's current 'presentation' to the SFL clubs is this:

SPL sponsorship contracts, TV deals *allegedly* require Sevco 5088 to be in the SPL by the 2013/14 season at the latest. So think about it. Not only are we to accept that a completely new club deserves to be artificially placed in the First Division for no good reason, but First Division clubs then have the duty to make sure Sevco win the league at the first attempt. Or the game's down the apparent swanny just as it is when they're punted into the Third.

It is quite simply corruption.

It would indeed be extremely amusing to see how they got themselves out of a situation where Rangers finished mid-table in the first division and didn't get promoted. Or even better, finished bottom and were lined up for relegation.

As you say, VT, clearly the SPL is prepared to endorse corruption. No surprise there then.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Perhaps the SFL are giving The SPL the response they want, have u not thought of that

The thing is the sfl are being bullied in order to get a required response, so yes i did think of that. As long as they aint in our league i couldn't care less and as i have said if they get into the spl then it just shows it is corrupt. As i have also said i think that uefa may have some questions to ask.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

well as it turns out the spl main sponsors have stated that rfc MUST be in thr spl 2013-2014 otherwise they ARE pulling out.Getting messy now. Also Ragan said he made decision 4 mths ago and that the vote was irelivent. More time wasting for both them and supporters groups

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

this is called " softening the blow" when they anounce the status quo

Wtf is the status quo here, who does this benefit if they stay in the spl, certainly not the reputation of the spl or scottish football in general as it will be tarred with the corruption brush

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Sky Sports -

Raith boss rages at 'bullies'

A document sent to the clubs last week also put forward an option for an SPL2, and Hutton is furious about the way they have been treated.

"(We are being) bullied, rail-roaded, lied to," Hutton told reporters outside Hampden on his way into talks.

"We have been threatened and bullied. It's not football as I know it.

"It was a ridiculous document that came out last week whereby that threat was there if we don't vote for an acceptance into the First Division a breakaway SPL2 will come along and all those clubs that didn't vote won't be invited. What kind of a game are we running? Corrupt."

Wtf is the status quo here, who does this benefit if they stay in the spl, certainly not the reputation of the spl or scottish football in general as it will be tarred with the corruption brush

It will confirm the games a bogey but all this stuff about sponsors walking away if the zombies are not there is bogus. Lets see them declare they want to renege because a club who cheated over a number of years, leaving a trail of debt which will no doubt have ramifications for former board members and players, because some of the other clubs believe they should apply the rules.

I am sure people like Alex Thomson and other investigative journalists would take great delight in highlighting this.

Sky Sports -

Raith boss rages at 'bullies'

A document sent to the clubs last week also put forward an option for an SPL2, and Hutton is furious about the way they have been treated.

"(We are being) bullied, rail-roaded, lied to," Hutton told reporters outside Hampden on his way into talks.

"We have been threatened and bullied. It's not football as I know it.

"It was a ridiculous document that came out last week whereby that threat was there if we don't vote for an acceptance into the First Division a breakaway SPL2 will come along and all those clubs that didn't vote won't be invited. What kind of a game are we running? Corrupt."

Top man. I hope he leads and clubs like us follow. I'd prefer to be in a lower league than to play any part in this corruption!

Top man. I hope he leads and clubs like us follow. I'd prefer to be in a lower league than to play any part in this corruption!

Here here, fu ckum

well as it turns out the spl main sponsors have stated that rfc MUST be in thr spl 2013-2014 otherwise they ARE pulling out.Getting messy now. Also Ragan said he made decision 4 mths ago and that the vote was irelivent. More time wasting for both them and supporters groups

So the sponsors pull out. Big deal. That affects us how exactly? Not one iota is the answer. And certainly not in a negative way.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

So the sponsors pull out. Big deal. That affects us how exactly? Not one iota is the answer. And certainly not in a negative way.

And if the sponsors pull out based on such flimsy reasoning they will be considered as complicit in the whole sham and would be outed as such by the decent majority of scottish football fans.

The whole thing is a bluff and smacks of desperation.

BULLSH*T

This seems to have been agreed to place Sevco in the SPL...

● Back SPL voting reform which would destroy the Old Firm’s voting power.

● Rangers must approve and support a more equitable SPL income distribution which would cut payments to the Old Firm.

● Rangers must accept a points deduction.

● They also have to agree to pay all UK and European football debts.

● The transfer embargo they had overturned in the Court of Session must remain.

● A public apology must be made and Rangers must also accept responsibility for past misdemeanours.

So technically going by this (if true) it's just Rangers with a new name? This is becoming atrocious.

Good on the clubs who are sticking to their guns, time to show these corrupt organisations that we will not be bullied!

Archived