Who Next? - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

I have to agree. Some of the names being banded about on here concern me. Other than they played for Morton I don't see why they should be should be considered for the job, in that I mean people like Alexander, Reid etc etc

For all Dougie's faults I don't think he would be that stupid to give the job to a relatively inexperienced manager just because they have a connection with Morton.

I originally was a McCall fan but his 2 years away from management worries me. I think it is a 3 horse race now, Calderwood, Shiels and Rajamaki. Would be happy with any of them.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all Dougie's faults I don't think he would be that stupid to give the job to a relatively inexperienced manager just because they have a connection with Morton.

I originally was a McCall fan but his 2 years away from management worries me. I think it is a 3 horse race now, Calderwood, Shiels and Rajamaki. Would be happy with any of them.

Massive contradiction.

He would not be stupid enough to give it to an inexperienced manager because of their connection with Morton and you are happy with Rajamaki?

Bonkers.

Massive contradiction.

He would not be stupid enough to give it to an inexperienced manager because of their connection with Morton and you are happy with Rajamaki?

Bonkers.

Rajamki has been manager of TPS in Finland for the past 3 seasons, leading them into the Eurpoa League and winning the Finnish cup in the process. He is certainly experienced enough, whether his knowledge of the Scottish game would be up to scratch would be another question.

Now, Andy Ritchie on the other hand...

See I think he would! He did it with Grady. When he sacked McInally 2 of the 3 man short list was Duffy and Alexander. My concern is that there are a section of the fans who believe a pre-requisite to becoming a Morton manager should be that they played for Morton or that by playing for Morton should stand them better to get on the shortlist.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

See I think he would! He did it with Grady. When he sacked McInally 2 of the 3 man short list was Duffy and Alexander. My concern is that there are a section of the fans who believe a pre-requisite to becoming a Morton manager should be that they played for Morton or that by playing for Morton should stand them better to get on the shortlist.

He only gave Grady the job because he couldn't get Moore at the time.

Rajamki has been manager of TPS in Finland for the past 3 seasons, leading them into the Eurpoa League and winning the Finnish cup in the process. He is certainly experienced enough, whether his knowledge of the Scottish game would be up to scratch would be another question.

Now, Andy Ritchie on the other hand...

So you think he is a likely candidate NOT because he played for Morton but because he is experienced enough. Seems strange that he hasn't been mentioned by any two bob club in the past.

I personally couldn't care less whether he has experience or not but he cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Calderwood in terms of experience if he clearly hasn't got it. Let's scour the leagues of San Marino and Gibraltar if it's only experience you want. There must be guys in there with double the time that the former Morton player has.

As I have stated before, Stevie Mooney has experience into double figures but it doesn't make it applicable to Morton.

Massive contradiction.

Bonkers.

Thankfully Dougie is not as stupid as you are.  :rolleyes: 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I had in my minds eye marked Hartly for the Inverness job but now that Hughes has been appointed maybe Hartley could be a realistic target as he has certainly done well in his first appointment.

Imagine Alloa taking a risk with a guy with no experience. Shocking behaviour.

Slide the slider on the link below to 25 mins.  Caller is someone called Mark from Greenock:

http://podcast.bauerradio.com/clyde/superscoreboard/2013_12_12_Clyde_1_Superscoreboard_Thursd.m4a

It was myself that called in last night, had to ask him the question. Going by the STV reports he is now the man. Been calling for this appointment for some months now so I am happy man now.

Archived