They Were Our Own Shorts Tonight... - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

They Were Our Own Shorts Tonight...

DongaTon

Thought we'd borrowed Falkirk's away shorts or something due to clashing with their home white shorts, but looks like either

a. The white away top now has red shorts?

b. These are the shorts for the tartan away top?

c. I'm just blind and talking baws, it WAS Falkirk's shorts.

But look at the badge on Temps' shorts here:

FalMorton5.jpg

That's defo ours, yeah?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the away shorts then our away kit is going to be the loudest one ever - I saw YELLOW SOCKS on the shelves in the Ton shop.

Edit - they are NOT the shorts to go with the red tartan strip. Remember that very little of those days still remains at Scapa thanks to Hugh Sh!t.

The actual red tartan shorts did not have a single white stripe on the side - it was a double one.

AT

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

When did we ever play in a red and white strip ?? We need to loose the red shorts...it was like watching Hamilton or Airdrie last night !

The white shorts would`ve clashed with Falkirk`s but we could`ve wore the blue ones.

I think Dougie`s having a laugh with this one. <_>

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Guest midTONs
well based on that argument when did we ever play in a tartan strip before a few years ago ?

9942[/snapback]

The Tartan strips were are a money spinning novalty, and we should never ever had the red one, I was rotten imo. I show St Johnstone play in a yellow tartan and it was quite nice.

But for some reason Mr Ray and/or his staff are hell bent on introducing red into our team colours.

I like it and I never even made the red-white-blue connection, nor does it bother me. How the team play is more important than how they look.

9948[/snapback]

Bet you wouldn't say that if you saw the team running out in black and white stripes :rolleyes:

But yeah, I agree.

TRUST THE DUFF

I don't understand what the problem with colour red is ?

9953[/snapback]

The problem is....it`s not blue :D

Mags

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Guest midTONs
I don't understand what the problem with colour red is ?

9953[/snapback]

Ok

I take it if I buy you Mortons new 2005/2006 Scarf you will wear it with pride all season and to every game?

blunrednwhit.jpg

:lol:

Oh right Jim , it's because Rangers play in red/white and blue which is the problem , you see , I didnt even realise that.

I dont see many people at the matches with blue/white/tartan/yellow scarfes last night :D , where can I buy one of those ?

For the record , I think white is a colour which goes with anything , and had we played with green shorts I wouldn't have batted an eyelid either.

Maybe we shouldnt have blue in our colours as Rangers have that too ?

Guest strongbad

its a nice change. stop moaning.

our colours are blue white and yellow.

there is a splash of yellow in the new tartan strip is there not??

Archived