Why The Criticism For Temps By Mcinally And Roger Graham? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why The Criticism For Temps By Mcinally And Roger Graham?

standman

I think Jim's a bit embarrased as he's fallen on his own sword, and is now trying to shift the blame, with Roger in the supporting role. Jim talked about keeping the players happy by having a small squad, then brought in a player on loan for the one part of the team we don't need cover for - up front. Temps was then shifted further down the pecking order, finding himself in 5th or 6th place for a starting position, behind Lilley, McPake, Jason Walker, McLaren and Weatherson (if either are used up front).

I think Jim knew that dropping a signed player for a loan signing was not consistent with his stated policy of keeping the small squad happy, especially as McPake was hastily thrown in because "he looked good in training". To try to justify this we have had the sight of all forwards being brought on for a rather desperate looking cavalry charge in the latter stages of recent games.

It appears Morton were happy for Temps to go to Stranraer but not Brechin, as the latter appears a bit embarrasing to the club. We now have the situation where our transfer window dealings amount to one striker out on loan, and one striker in on loan, whilst all our rivals have strengthened for the run in and the play-offs. You could say the management deserve this outcome for the clumsy way they've went about things, however the fans deserve much better.

I don't understand why if Jim's so unhappy he didn't at least try to bring in a player in the last 30-odd hours he had left, it doesn't seem to add up. A midfielder or defender would've come in handy for the run-in/play-offs.

Agreed

I think McInally has really scored an own goal here and has no one to blame but himself.

If Jim really wanted Temps to be part of the squad in the run in then why a. Sign McPake and b. Not give him more than the odd couple of minutes.

If McInally wants or feels he needs to have 5 or 6 strikers then he has to be prepared to rotate them and keep the happy. To give the player almost no encouragement and then criticise him for wanting to leave is really poor! He's a human, not a machine!

Its not fair to judge a player on sub appearances as generally the game is probably already won and their aint much urgency or else it's a desperate struggle to try and snatch a goal in which case the opposition have everyone sitting back.

Temps really hasn't had a fair chance while we have been playing well.

Agreed. How can Jim say he's an integral part of the squad when he doesn't play him, very hypocritical. Also am surprised and disappointed at the way he has turned the whole thing on Templeman, very unprofessional. Fans know that it was down to poor preparation that we have effectively brought nobody in in January, we're not daft, Jim.

i really must be missing something. did Jim not say he was happy with the squad, then at the last minute Temps decides he's going after all, when he left there was no time to get another person to replace him. McInally isnt blaming temps for the fact that noone came in as he seemed to be happy with the squad as it was.

Jim was happy for him to go to Stranraer and the fact he wasn't playing him suggests he was not, despite what Jim said, important to the squad. Also as someone pointed out, Temps is under contract with us, Jim could easily have blocked the move. Can't believe the clumsiness with which the club have handled this matter.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume that if McInally was settled with the squad the way it was before temps left, then he may well have went out to get a replacement for him yes. Jim has had all of january to scope out a new midfielder or defender but hasnt acted. I dont think he's blaming templeman for this at all, he didnt attempt to get a defender / midfielder in because he was happy with the squad. And are we not all missing the point that we are having an excellent season and the only reason we aint top of the league with a comfortable cushion is Gretnas freak show.

I want a pretentious signature too.

the way i see is McPake was brought in to replace templeman and templeman could go out on loan to stranraer so that he could then bring in another midfielder or defender and now that templeman has went to Brechin at the last minute he's pissed of about it, which i think is his own fault because he should have brought in a midfielder or defender instead of another striker or he was happy with the squad and didnt want to bring in another midfielder or defender and temps is his excuse.

He was f***ed about because he wanted Temps to stay and be a squad player with an ambitious club rather than leave to get first team football at a doomed club. Temps said he agreed with that and then changed his mind. If he'd have said no right away then maybe, just maybe, McInally would have had the time to bring someone else in.

The above is fact. The only bit we're debating is whether time or money is the issue here. I suspect it is both. Not enough time to target a decent replacement and, even if McInally did, not enough money to bring him here.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Feb 1 2006, 02:49 PM) 92463[/snapback]

What everyone is forgetting Templeman is under contract at Morton so if we did not want him to go out on loan McInally could have stopped it. Sounds to me that it is cost cutting getting the wage of the books and also with no real dealings in the transfer window I think DDR and McInally are trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes in using Templeman as the scapegoat for the lack of activity.

Yes very well put, Basraton, you've summed the situation up IMO.

I was also at the hospitality for the Raith game when Dougie said funds would be available. I'm not sure what the deal is with McPake's wages if Livvi partly fund it or what. Jim said he was happy with the squad and would be bringing no-one else in. He then told us Temps was free to go to Stranraer on loan but he wanted to stay.

I feel that Jim and Dougie are privately happy with the situation, i.e. it will be easier for Jim to pick the team/keep players happy and Dougie will save some money. I agree they're trying to appease the fans over a net gain of zero in the transfer market whilst our rivals have strengthened, and the embarassment of the failure of Temp's signing.

I wish they would realise it's much easier to just tell the truth. I think they monitored the situation with Gretna and would have strengthened if we closed the gap in the transfer window, and now think it would be a financial risk. What's wrong with just telling us that?, we can appreciate the financial situation and it's not a bottomless pit of cash.

So your opinion on it has become the truth? Jim McInally wanted to keep the squad the way it was. Templeman left. Jims dissapointed. I dont see the big fuss at all. I hate to tell you but we were never going to compete with Gretna over the whole season and i dont think that we, as fans, have to be appeased in any way. What have we got to justifiably moan about?

I want a pretentious signature too.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Feb 1 2006, 02:49 PM) 92463[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->

What everyone is forgetting Templeman is under contract at Morton so if we did not want him to go out on loan McInally could have stopped it. Sounds to me that it is cost cutting getting the wage of the books and also with no real dealings in the transfer window I think DDR and McInally are trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes in using Templeman as the scapegoat for the lack of activity.

Yes very well put, Basraton, you've summed the situation up IMO.

I was also at the hospitality for the Raith game when Dougie said funds would be available. I'm not sure what the deal is with McPake's wages if Livvi partly fund it or what. Jim said he was happy with the squad and would be bringing no-one else in. He then told us Temps was free to go to Stranraer on loan but he wanted to stay.

I feel that Jim and Dougie are privately happy with the situation, i.e. it will be easier for Jim to pick the team/keep players happy and Dougie will save some money. I agree they're trying to appease the fans over a net gain of zero in the transfer market whilst our rivals have strengthened, and the embarassment of the failure of Temp's signing.

I wish they would realise it's much easier to just tell the truth. I think they monitored the situation with Gretna and would have strengthened if we closed the gap in the transfer window, and now think it would be a financial risk. What's wrong with just telling us that?, we can appreciate the financial situation and it's not a bottomless pit of cash.

i agree with that ;) , i just hope we dont f*** up in the play offs cos of the lack of activity in the transfer window :( jim's f***ed up!

FA Rex, sweet FA. Wars rage the world over and people are getting upset because Templeman missed his mum and wanted a shorter travel to work each day.

imo its got nothing to do with templeman it's about the lack of activity in the transfer window that's whats pissed me off :angry:

Here's my take on it...

We have VERY LITTLE money to spend on players

Brechin tried to take Temps on loan 2 weeks ago? McInally accepted(Free up wages, not necessarily for a striker, but a midfielder) but Templeman refused to go..Fair Enough

Stranraer make a loan bid last week, again McInally accepts for the same reasons, but Templeman refuses...Ok

Then at the last minute Templeman asks to go out on loan to Brechin as they are still showing intrest - by this time McInally can hardly do much in the transfer window as there is very little time and the player/s he would have liked to sign have either moved or been offered better deals elsewhere

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Here's my take on it...

We have VERY LITTLE money to spend on players

Brechin tried to take Temps on loan 2 weeks ago? McInally accepted(Free up wages, not necessarily for a striker, but a midfielder) but Templeman refused to go..Fair Enough

Stranraer make a loan bid last week, again McInally accepts for the same reasons, but Templeman refuses...Ok

Then at the last minute Templeman asks to go out on loan to Brechin as they are still showing intrest - by this time McInally can hardly do much in the transfer window as there is very little time and the player/s he would have liked to sign have either moved or been offered better deals elsewhere

Not quite right boyo, from Monday's tele:

"Morton had turned down earlier attempts by Brechin and Stranraer to take the player on loan, but the switch is down to pressure from the player himself who has been unable to win a regular place in the Morton starting line-up".

I must admit though, I thought Morton turned down Brechin, and Temps turned down Stranraer. The whole thing proves it would be better if everyone just told the truth, it's much simpler that way.

Rae previously said that McInally could have the money to get "anyone he wanted within reason" during the transfer window.

Utter Pish

Come On use yer loaf, if that were true we'd have a left back, midfielder and maybe a right back signed

"Within Reason" - within what reason? Reasonable might be 50p In Dougie Rae's case for all we know!

We made one siging in January and it was a loan deal - My point exactly

I'm sure McInally would like a small squad, but I do also reckon he'd like a samll squad of QUALITY players, with all due respect, Dean Keenan, John Adam and the like are not quality players to take us to the 1st Division

Do you REALLY think that if McInally had the money to spend he wouldn't be using it to strengthen the squad?!

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Archived