Increasing MCT contribution - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Increasing MCT contribution

1 hour ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Agreed on the subscription thoughts, but that's a longer term strategy.

Short term, surely and email to all members asking for a one, two or five pound increase in monthly dues would see an increase in revenue stream. As with all good campaigns, the message needs to be continually reinforced and that's up to MCT to put that in place.

MCT members are already contributing to the scheme. The onus should be on recruiting new subscriptions; each of which will, if maintained, will yield a multiple higher new revenue than maximising existing subscriptions.

I don't disagree that subs should ultimately track costs/inflation to some degree, but your approach of a general appeal to do so risks turning people off the scheme and resulting in a net loss. Not for me, not right now at least.

And any campaign to increase subs in the future needs to have a clear time bar to avoid a tempting but ruinous guilt-trip shakedown exercise taking place every other year. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 6:42 PM, SassenachTon said:

Further to the great shout by @vikingTON in the Dundee United thread about this probably being a great time for MCT to try increasing the ownership base - an additional way to increase club revenue would be for members to try and dig a little deeper if it's affordable to them. So can anyone tell me how to increase my monthly contribution? Should I simply just amend the direct debit amount with my bank?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get sorted? How do you increase your contribution?

@Deego Sorry mate - I only just saw this. Aye - fixed up. The direct debits are administered by MCT so any amendments have to be done from their end. It was taken care of by a lassie named Trudy. Drop an email to communications@mortonclubtogether.co.uk and they’ll take care of it for you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassenachTon said:

@Deego Sorry mate - I only just saw this. Aye - fixed up. The direct debits are administered by MCT so any amendments have to be done from their end. It was taken care of by a lassie named Trudy. Drop an email to communications@mortonclubtogether.co.uk and they’ll take care of it for you.

No bother, thanks.

• Upvote 1