Are We Going To Sign Anyone? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Are We Going To Sign Anyone?

Alibi

As above. I don't think we need to actually, other than to give us a bigger squad to cover for injuries, because frankly, barring a ridiculous collapse again, we are pretty well guaranteed a play off spot this season as we're 18 points clear of fifth place. However if we want to guarantee we win the playoffs (I'm assuming Gretna aren't going to get caught by us) maybe we need that extra edge.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

As above. I don't think we need to actually, other than to give us a bigger squad to cover for injuries, because frankly, barring a ridiculous collapse again, we are pretty well guaranteed a play off spot this season as we're 18 points clear of fifth place. However if we want to guarantee we win the playoffs (I'm assuming Gretna aren't going to get caught by us) maybe we need that extra edge.

definitely need a few more players to make an impact wether its through the play offs or beatin gretna.

could do with an experienced midfielder with a bit of dig - jenkins? mcinnes? etc

a proven penalty box goalscorer- hopefully sanny will come good, another quality striker would be good for the team.

does anyone think we will sell any players?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Why are u assuming we will not catch Gretna it is not so long ago we were 11 points behind them it is now down to 5 when we beat them in the next game there little arses will be twitching. You touched on the size of the squad yes we need more players in to cover for injuries and suspensions but the have to be better than what we have and that takes time i.e with negotiation. Rome was not built in a day Jim will bring the right player or players in so no more negatives. :rolleyes:

I think we could do with an experienced ball-winning midfielder eg McInnes (if fit) or the guy Jenkins. However, Scotty Mc seems to be improving with every game in that respect so perhaps McInally feels we are covered there.

I really don't feel we need another striker. Lilley is banging in the goals at the moment and our system (lone central striker with 2 wide forwards) means that bringing in another striker would mean just putting him on the bench. I think Temps and Jason are good cover if Lilley was to get injured, plus Peter can be shifted too as Alex Walker and Davie Mc have both shown they are good at right-back and Keenan would slot in too.

Perhaps a left-back could be an idea, but we haven't been ripped really by many teams this season down that side.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Need someone with a bit of dig in the middle of the park.

We are short at the back, left back needs to be looked at and we need someone to score regular with lilley.

Just all about waiting to see what happens between now and the end of the month.

Baggy Basement, The Last Friday of Every Month ONLY @ Cleats basement.

Next Baggy Basement - Friday 26th January 9pm - 1am!!!!

Inverclyde's ONLY Friday night, Indie Orientated event!

Need a mention on Tannoy? Contact me on gmfctannoy@hotmail.co.uk

We are short at the back, left back needs to be looked at and we need someone to score regular with lilley.

I don't really see the point. We have two other good strikers who haven't been really used yet because we have been playing the "Chelsea" formation with only one central striker. Unless Jim Mc was going to replace Lilley, it would be changing things for the sake of it almost.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

We definitely need to sign someone, if not more than one.

Also, just noticed the Midden have signed Tony Bullock (goalkeeper)

Quite sure Weatherson would love to score past him again.

If not Williams when they play Clyde ;)

As an old viewer of Morton I'm sorry to say that in my opinion McInally has set up a reasonable team but still persists in playing 1 up and 1 wide but this means that the 1 up has no close support and leaves Templemam/Lilley with no support as the wideman is wide and the mid-field seems reluctant to press forward. I would prefer to see McLaren (or anybody) much more central to provide close support.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As an old viewer of Morton I'm sorry to say that in my opinion McInally has set up a reasonable team but still persists in playing 1 up and 1 wide but this means that the 1 up has no close support and leaves Templemam/Lilley with no support as the wideman is wide and the mid-field seems reluctant to press forward. I would prefer to see McLaren (or anybody) much more central to provide close support.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i agree with that ;)

Archived