Hippo Beers- Glasgow - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hippo Beers- Glasgow

Howdy!

A friends husband and his pal opened a beer shop in Glasgow called Hippo Beers which is situated in Queen Margaret Drive. Hippo is a speciality beer shop selling a range of craft beers, real ales and world beers with about 350 beers in stock from Scotland, England, America, Belgium and Germany with a smaller selection of beers from around the world.

I was up recently and it really is like a grown up sweety shop, was buying gifts for friends but would have been easy to go crazy. I would say that only a small handful would you see in your general off licenses/supermarkets so the vast majority are ones you wouldnt normally see.

Anyway they have recently introduced an online shop if anyone is interested and of course the shop is there too.

Ian

Hippo Beers

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

I see they sell Anchor Steam which is a favourite of mine and quite hard to get. In fact I ordered 24 bottles from a place in Manchester (beerandnow.co.uk) which never turned up and which appears to have gone bust. Think I might pop in to Hippo Beers this weekend.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I see they sell Anchor Steam which is a favourite of mine and quite hard to get. In fact I ordered 24 bottles from a place in Manchester (beerandnow.co.uk) which never turned up and which appears to have gone bust. Think I might pop in to Hippo Beers this weekend.

I was in the Cardwell on Saturday & they had Anchor Steam beer at the top of their beer list on a white board on the wall. I would have had one but unfortunately I only noticed it as I was leaving so can't confirm they definitely had it but they are advertising it.

HH.

Edit: just noticed your 'from' says Dumfries so maybe not too relevant for you :unsure:

Candygram for Mongo! Candygram for Mongo............ (BOOM!!!)

I was in the Cardwell on Saturday & they had Anchor Steam beer at the top of their beer list on a white board on the wall. I would have had one but unfortunately I only noticed it as I was leaving so can't confirm they definitely had it but they are advertising it.

HH.

Edit: just noticed your 'from' says Dumfries so maybe not too relevant for you :unsure:

I was a regular in the Cardwell 40 years ago. It was my local.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived