Wee Dublin End Renovation - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Wee Dublin End Renovation

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club are ambitious and would love us to have a go at getting promotion.

Clearly if we were to be promoted we would need a good enough team AND a good enough ground.

While Dougie is ambitious, he is also a sensible business man and he isn't going to throw money at Morton for the sake of it.

Personally I am pretty happy with the work Allan Moore is doing with a shoe string budget, and I am fairly content we might just about have the makings of a decent side come next season.

With plans in place, Dougie may decide we can start work on the Dublin End, say in Jan 2012, if we are making good progress in the league and attendances are up.

Ok, so we may need to share with the Midden for half a season if we did get promoted, but the plan is still in place and we aren't throwing £100k+ at a stand that has no prospect of having spectators in it, as things stand.

I think they key for next season is to get off to a good start and make people believe we are contendors - we would def see attendances up. As even the die hards will have to admit it is hard work turning up for games when were are certs to finish mid-table, or even flirt with relegation.

Clearly if we were to be promoted we would need a good enough team AND a good enough ground.

While Dougie is ambitious, he is also a sensible business man and he isn't going to throw money at Morton for the sake of it.

Personally I am pretty happy with the work Allan Moore is doing with a shoe string budget, and I am fairly content we might just about have the makings of a decent side come next season.

With plans in place, Dougie may decide we can start work on the Dublin End, say in Jan 2012, if we are making good progress in the league and attendances are up.

Ok, so we may need to share with the Midden for half a season if we did get promoted, but the plan is still in place and we aren't throwing £100k+ at a stand that has no prospect of having spectators in it, as things stand.

I think they key for next season is to get off to a good start and make people believe we are contendors - we would def see attendances up. As even the die hards will have to admit it is hard work turning up for games when were are certs to finish mid-table, or even flirt with relegation.

An honest question. What condition is the material in, it was lying somewhat uncovered last year and showed signs of rusting.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Guest Andy Brady

You sure?

Weatherson 3 year deal, big luxury contracts for players, Templeman, Russell, MAnespie, Bobby Linn, Varios Managers, Alistair Donald on Board etc etc

He may be exceptional with the factory biut he has been shown to be a novice at times with Morton when we look at online shop etc

Would it really be so hard for the club to just come out and say "right, here's the deal as it stands, this is what we plan to do" and so on?

At the moment it seems we've bought a pile of scrap metal from St. Mirren and chucked it in a pile for a while just in case we need it. How much is the storage costing? Why did we even buy it if it was only ever going to be an outside chance of it actually getting built?

Seems yet another complete waste of money so far, perhaps if the money that GMFC has pissed up a wall over the years had been invested with half a brain we might be in a position to be building a new stadium rather than ****ing about with second hand roofs.

AWMSC

Until the cash came out of the wallet the only one fooled was DDF and that was of his own doing for presuming.

Who invited him on board?

At the time of discussing some of the suggestions were.

A decent website

A decent club shop

Closer participation with schools, youth facilities etc.

A better corporate set up.

A 3rd party sponsor (instead of the 'free' one we have at the moment)

Upgrading the WDE cheaply to comply with the SPL 6k rule.

The words 'amateur set up' were also used, so nothing changed on that score then.

There was more, I took note soon after. Morton had none of the above, still don't in some cases, how appropriate some where actually taken on. No doubt we will have some claim to be the innovators. ;)

I wasn't the only one he spoke to, he was open to discussion, there was never a confirmation that money would be invested which I have already detailed unlike your 'I cannie compromise my source' pish so again the only one who seems to think that money was a shoe in, well according to you, was DDF who subsequently spat the dummy when his hopes didn't transpire.

As for how much he was worth, no idea now, but not long before he appeared on the scene he made somewhere in the region of 30m in a shares issue. If you look hard enough you will find that in the public domain, retained in a certain companies figures that he worked for, and i'm not the only one to have seen that either. Not too shabby for skinto. That revenue did not count the shares he still owned nor any property, so its fair to say he certainly wasn't a pauper.

Whether he is bankrupt now or not is irrelevant, we all know businessmen still live in laps of luxury even after bankruptcy, easy enough to do when you have everything in someone else's name.

BTW, do you have a wee tiny heid or are you the daddy?

Are you the 'mighty' MortonJag by any chance? I'm pretty sure I've heard all this before from him.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Would it really be so hard for the club to just come out and say "right, here's the deal as it stands, this is what we plan to do" and so on?

At the moment it seems we've bought a pile of scrap metal from St. Mirren and chucked it in a pile for a while just in case we need it. How much is the storage costing? Why did we even buy it if it was only ever going to be an outside chance of it actually getting built?Seems yet another complete waste of money so far, perhaps if the money that GMFC has pissed up a wall over the years had been invested with half a brain we might be in a position to be building a new stadium rather than ****ing about with second hand roofs.

It was bought because our chairman thought some other mug would pay for it to be erected.

Are you the 'mighty' MortonJag by any chance? I'm pretty sure I've heard all this before from him.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

I think you heard it all before from me.

No, His Puppet!

And who's faggot are you? No 9's?

Even the bold doctor would advise you I am far from his puppet such is our 'differences' on certain subjects but this ****wit of a site, or to be more precise some of the ****wits who ran it, set its precedence when they handed out bans, thats all fair and good if you are going to ban both sides, but we all know what happened there.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Once erected it'll also lie uncovered :blush:

Unlike yours which has never seen the light of day!...or a night for that matter.

Anyway pedant, its was showing signs or RUST, you need to look after metallic objects or that tends to happen.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Unlike yours which has never seen the light of day!...or a night for that matter.

Anyway pedant, its was showing signs or RUST, you need to look after metallic objects or that tends to happen.

Easy fishing :)

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

It was bought because our chairman thought some other mug would pay for it to be erected.

I think you heard it all before from me.

And who's faggot are you? No 9's?

Even the bold doctor would advise you I am far from his puppet such is our 'differences' on certain subjects but this ****wit of a site, or to be more precise some of the ****wits who ran it, set its precedence when they handed out bans, thats all fair and good if you are going to ban both sides, but we all know what happened there.

Set the precedent. Not set its precedence.

I may be a fuckwit but I'm a grammatically correct fuckwit.

For the record, again,bans were handed out to both sides but then again you and a

load of the other bumchums know that, you just don't like to admit it.

Three banned on the mj side, four on the trusts

Good to see your reptilian behaviour return the minute someone criticised you.

It's all the mods fault.

Fantastic. If slightly predictable and sadly pathetic.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Easy fishing :)

You wouldn't begin to know how to bait a hook.

Set the precedent. Not set its precedence.

I may be a ****wit but I'm a grammatically correct ****wit.

For the record, again,bans were handed out to both sides but then again you and a

load of the other bumchums know that, you just don't like to admit it.

Three banned on the mj side, four on the trusts

Good to see your reptilian behaviour return the minute someone criticised you.

It's all the mods fault.

Fantastic. If slightly predictable and sadly pathetic.

Correcting grammar now are we? And you call me pathetic?

Who was banned from the trust a year or so ago? Enlighten me with that one. The trust bans only came into play with imminent court action you crackpot and that was only in the past couple of months, not last year, and well you know it.

You are your ilk allowed one set to do as they pleased while the other was banned, democractic this site is not.

And for the record, you don't even know if I agree with any of the bans, my problem was the lop sided approach the mods on here took to the entire debate.

Its always nice when you send me sweetheart PM's then lambast, why don't you just crawl back under your Clane rock? Morton fan my ****ing arse. Why the **** are you running this site anyway? Oh how I wish you and I had met for a pint of Guinness recently.

Anyway, thought you had enough and were about to walk away? The sooner the better ya plastic fandan.

Love and peace.

tooz :wub:

Edited to add.

Well seen you crawled out when I had a pop while the many aliases lurch around this site without so much as a peep from the mods. What was it you said to me, tell me who the aliases are and i'll sort it out. You are not that ****ing stupid that you don't know who they are, you just act ****ing daft.

For the record, I never provided any names, to me aliases are about the only fun part left on this dying swan and some of them have brought me the biggest giggles ever over the past couple of years. Some are so bloody transparent they should change the log in names to clingfilm.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

it would be better for all if this Rhubarb mess clown walked away from this site

Nah, his meltdowns make for great car crash internet. :lol:

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

it would be better for all if this Rhubarb mess clown walked away from this site

Better for who? Those who don't like opinions.

Its TT's site and he or they can do as they please.

Nah, his meltdowns make for great car crash internet. :lol:

Its like Night of the Woodlice on here.

I'm happy to entertain. ;)

Or is it him again. :unsure:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived