Toto - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Toto

Mr.Blue

Sounds like he might be up to speed just in time for his move to Hearts. Good to see Morton acting as some sort of breeding ground for SPL reserves to get game time ala Evans and Toto.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was worried when I saw both Monti and Toto starting yesterday. Monti had his best game for us yesterday. Toto was quiet first 20 mins, as were the rest of the team, but he game on to put in a decent performance. A few nice touches and definitely contributed to a fine, and much needed, victory. Not a goalscorer though.

Was worried when I saw both Monti and Toto starting yesterday. Monti had his best game for us yesterday. Toto was quiet first 20 mins, as were the rest of the team, but he game on to put in a decent performance. A few nice touches and definitely contributed to a fine, and much needed, victory. Not a goalscorer though.

After a poor 20 mins Toto seemed to gain some confidence and came on to a bit of a game, No goal threat tho.

Monti played well today as did Jenkins (for a change) Tidser won a lot of ball but made too many slack passes,

Trialist was more effective than either Holmes or O'Brian.

Brian Graham had his second good game in a row, looks as he as woken up to the fact he needs to work hard.

Defence was generally decent with Smyth as the stand out, can't understand why he is not playing at a higher level.

Foobs :ph34r:

The big difference yesterday is that we had 11 players contributing, when we start with Peter its like starting with a man down.

All the players got involved and got stuck in.

It summed it up for me in the last minute when Peter got thru on the angle from a Graham pass and blasted it out of the ground when all he had to do was square it back to Graham who was unmarked at the penalty spot.

Selfish player and definitely not a "team" player, only interested in himself.

The big difference yesterday is that we had 11 players contributing, when we start with Peter its like starting with a man down.

All the players got involved and got stuck in.

It summed it up for me in the last minute when Peter got thru on the angle from a Graham pass and blasted it out of the ground when all he had to do was square it back to Graham who was unmarked at the penalty spot.

Selfish player and definitely not a "team" player, only interested in himself.

Aye , and if he'd squared it and Graham had missed. you would be on saying he bottled it ( and should have buried it himself) Strikers tend to be selfish and take chances on themselves .

He cant win with some people on here, clearly.

Show Racism the Red Card

Back to Toto. It'll be interesting to see what part if any. he plays at Firhill next week. One of my few away games this season and I'm looking forward to it already. Might be a wee 'Byres day' with some pals, if I can find any.

Show Racism the Red Card

Aye , and if he'd squared it and Graham had missed. you would be on saying he bottled it ( and should have buried it himself) Strikers tend to be selfish and take chances on themselves .

He cant win with some people on here, clearly.

Nope, he can't, but then he only has himself to blame for that. :)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

After a poor 20 mins Toto seemed to gain some confidence and came on to a bit of a game, No goal threat tho.

Monti played well today as did Jenkins (for a change) Tidser won a lot of ball but made too many slack passes,

Trialist was more effective than either Holmes or O'Brian.

Brian Graham had his second good game in a row, looks as he as woken up to the fact he needs to work hard.

Defence was generally decent with Smyth as the stand out, can't understand why he is not playing at a higher level.

Foobs :ph34r:

Was it not Monti who let rip from the edge of the box in the second hslf forcing their goalie to make a cracking save and turn the ball onto the bar?

Was it not Monti who let rip from the edge of the box in the second hslf forcing their goalie to make a cracking save and turn the ball onto the bar?

I think foobs is referring to Toto being no goal threat. :unsure:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I thought the first 15 or so minutes aside Toto had a very good game. His hold up and link play was as good as I've seen from anyone this season. He was also very good at holding off opposition players and getting a decent pass off.

His only downfall was when when he had to do anything "strikery" (or challenge in the air).

I'd definitely start him again next week and play him inbetween the midfield and Brian Graham in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

I think Toto gave the Pars defence severe problems on Sat and it gave Graham breathing space to get shots in.

The big man is a prescence and his movement and strength kept them busy.

Some great touches and visionary passing.

He still looks off the pace goal wise but I was pleased with him.

I've not understood the damning the verdict on him. He didn't have a great debut, but he's a young guy from Cameroon dropped into Greenock ffs and told 'Be a hero'

Give him time to adjust and he could be an asset.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

While Toto can't be described as the best footballer we've ever had I'm pleased we have him for a while.

I really can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a Morton player so much, while he's got his faults (the only player Kevin Twaddle could win a header against) some of his flicks and touches were brilliant (think there was one in the first half he took out 3 players with one drag back).

May just be a sign of the times that my standards have slipped so low but I'll enjoy it while I can, like it or not he's a bit of an entertainer and we've been sorely missing one for donkeys years.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

I think Toto gave the Pars defence severe problems on Sat and it gave Graham breathing space to get shots in.

The big man is a prescence and his movement and strength kept them busy.

Some great touches and visionary passing.

He still looks off the pace goal wise but I was pleased with him.

I've not understood the damning the verdict on him. He didn't have a great debut, but he's a young guy from Cameroon dropped into Greenock ffs and told 'Be a hero'

I tend to agree. It looked like a different player on Saturday. Maybe he couldn't get to Scotland in time for his debut and his twin brother, who had never seen a football before, stood in for him. Whatever happened, I am absolutely delighted to see him improve so much. I wouldn't have believed it possible after that debut game. I actually think he contributed more than Spoonsy on Saturday and when he went off the team wasn't as dominant.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The man provided top class entertainment on Saturday. The ironic cheers from the shed for the first few times he successfully passed the ball were close to the most fun I've had this season so far. His celebrations after both the goals also had me in stitches.

It seems he can actually play a bit of football and he definitely made a good contribution to the win. Those fancy flicks of his are amusing when we're winning but could be the stuff of nightmares in a tight game and it does look highly unlikely that we'll see him score. That would be a pity as a goal from him would get some roar.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next week.

wl545_the_shining_c_aaa.jpg

Of course I'm happy

I thought Totos work rate yesterday was top class. He chased and harried the Pars defence all game and I thought we really suffered when he went off. Id love to see him get the ball at his feet and run at the last defender hes defo got the strength and pace. Woukd start him and Graham next week.

Best Performance from a Morton team at cappielow I can remember for a while. Smyth was a class act all game.

Good to hear a bit of noise in the Shed again as well. :D

C'mon the Ton!!

138035.png

To be fair, he was born in France and played last season in Italy, so not quite as direct as straight out of Africa!

Mate, a Beirut war reporter would have culture shock in Greenock.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Archived