1 Am Curfew Closes The Tote Hotel - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

1 Am Curfew Closes The Tote Hotel

NewTon

"The Tote opened 27 years ago and grew notorious for its beloved ''sticky carpet'', comprised of layers of spilt drinks, sweat, vomit and cigarette ash."

:ill:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

"The Tote opened 27 years ago and grew notorious for its beloved ''sticky carpet'', comprised of layers of spilt drinks, sweat, vomit and cigarette ash."

Sounds just like the old Bay Hotel back in the day. Happy times. :D

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Sounds just like the old Bay Hotel back in the day. Happy times. :D

Or Babylon, for those who remember the Bay Hotel only as a crumbling wreck waiting to be demolished when they used to fish Gourock pier as a nipper.

I always find it strange that The Bay Hotel and The Firth were apparently the places to be at some stage. As stated, I only remember the Bay as an eyesore of a building (certainly didn't look like some local hot spot to me) and The Firth has always been dead throughout my drinking career.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Archived