77 For 7 - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

77 For 7

Wot a bloody witch hunt.

:lol:

Mate, I've patiently tried to explain to you why it's best to drop it, but it's obviously fallen on deaf ears.

If you genuinely believe there's a witch hunt against you then I'm sure without too much trouble you'll be able to find plenty of other websites where your choice of vocabulary will be tolerated and even encouraged. I'm glad though that greenockmorton.org isn't one of them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its not, if he repeats it he will be banned

Aye okay, Bwyan. :rolleyes:

The whole thing's bad form. You talked about "pakiss" being the pronounciation earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just it: "pakiss." As opposed to "the p***s." There's a world of difference there, and one that various racists (e.g. NewTon) revel in.

Hey Bryan, The bold NachOrim has used that nasty word THREE times in the above post. Any chance you could ban that fud too?

:lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*

Newt, I'll try again to explain it to you.

The word you think you have the right to use on here with impunity

:blink: :blink:

was hijacked by the extreme right-wing in the 70s and 80s and turned into a general term of abuse not just for Pakistanis but for anyone from the Asian sun-continent in general.

The racial connotations behind this word are generally pretty well known and understood by most people in the UK under the age of about 50, and it's therefore no longer considered to be an acceptable word to use.

So, for your own good, please try to understand this and drop it.

FFS - if you look at my posts today, I spelt Pakistani out in full EVERY TIME.

What more is required please, CHC ?

:blink:

Guv would a Christian or a person who supports St Mirren be offended by your signature ..... Susan Boyle offends my ears but will that stop her singing ??? Like I said there is a big difference between offensive and racist. And Newton you say like rankinborn and millions of fans use this term but as I posted earlier I would choose not to to avoid confussion maybe an idea if you did the same in future.

Yes on a very low level thresh hold they would be offended but I could not give a flying **** as I am not against offending people at this level. The difference is smart arsed **** on this racist topic are playing the dumb dumb card when they quite clearly are using very racist language which is used and has been used on the step up the offensive ladder to going from offensive words to quickly evolving into racist violence to the ultimate racist act of genocide.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Its better late than never. Probably because nobody with any sense would even contemplate using these clearly derogatory offensive and racist names in our culture.

Except RankinBorn75, myself and other cricket lovers.

Next you'll want to censor Tally.

Yes on a very low level thresh hold they would be offended but I could not give a flying **** as I am not against offending people at this level. The difference is smart arsed **** on this racist topic are playing the dumb dumb card when they quite clearly are using very racist language which is used and has been used on the step up the offensive ladder to going from offensive words to quickly evolving into racist violence to the ultimate racist act of genocide.

This was originally a thread about the exceptional cricket being played by the Pakistani cricket team.

:( :(

Should I start a fresh thread on Asif ?

:lol:

Mate, I've patiently tried to explain to you why it's best to drop it, but it's obviously fallen on deaf ears.

If you genuinely believe there's a witch hunt against you then I'm sure without too much trouble you'll be able to find plenty of other websites where your choice of vocabulary will be tolerated and even encouraged. I'm glad though that greenockmorton.org isn't one of them.

I dropped it as soon as I read Bryan's post.

What am I or you missing ?

Except RankinBorn75, myself and other cricket lovers.

Next you'll want to censor Tally

1) I don't give a feck whow many stupid **** use it. It does not mean that this is acceptable language on this board and so I applaud the mods on this one.

2)Yes if used in a hateful and delibirate way as Tally etc.etc would and could be.

There are thousands of offensive terms used daily and it would be near impossible to ban all terms but I repeat if it is deliberate and done with a dishonest hateful intent then yes it is unacceptable to use racist language.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Even if only today was it added to the filter, that's probably because its last use was more than 6 months ago, and in the context of a quote from a BNP member.

I had a thread before the Windies went home that made reference to the Pakistani tour and no one complained.

Guv you say the dumb dumb card when THEY .... Who on here are you refering to as THEY ?

Any stupid **** who immaturely argues and plays at the smart arse and pretends to fail to see that certain words are quite clearly racist in this country and culture and insists on keeping up the debate and does not have the brains or common decency to stop deliberately entertaining themselves in their sad deluded pseudo intellectual battle.

If you recognise yourself in this discription then you are one of stupid **** I am referring too.

—Ernest Hemingway

Archived