The Rc Church - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Rc Church

Tonsilitis

you stated non catholics could not get jobs in catholic schools, this is not the case it makes perfect sense that these positions should be catholics. do you think harriet harmans equality bill should also mean that you should have a case of discrimination if you want to be a priest but they wont let you beacause you are not a catholic?

Answers should be submitted to the Archbishop of Canterbury

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, but we all lived happily ever after just like CentralTons boy in a school with a couple of kids who support Falkirk.

Also, at school my favourite meal at lunchtime was Sausage and Chips, but I had a mate who like Pie and Chips and another who preferred Lasagne and Chips. There were some who liked Mince and Potatoes, but even then i knew that was ****ing revolting and smelt of dinnerladies dysentry.

We all got along happily and there was no bigotry as a result of it.

Sounds to me like you have an anti Mince n Tattie agenda or perhaps an anti dinner lady agenda. Did she not give u cream wi ur Spotted Dick one day and u have held a grudge ever since.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Still waiting for an answer on why a non catholic can not hold a position of power in a catholic school eg Headmaster.

You see no problem with that as I would or Buddhist monks or Jehovh witnesses etc if that was all these religous leaders taught especially at primary school level.

to add that when you were still waiting on an answer i was in bed sleeping seen as it was 2am

It is not just headmasters that do not get promoted but at least it was an attempt rather than ignoring it. Makes no sense whatsever(Well it does because these positions invariably lead to the promotion of Roman Catholic views on situations in life.

It is sectarian not to give a person promotion from a non catholic background and that faith. The churches rules forbids it to be otherwise. It should certainly not be state funded. No other job state funded does this. There would be an out cry.

have they changed the law allowing monarchy to be catholics when i wasnt looking and have they recently readvertised the post of primeminister to include ''applications from the Roman Catholic community are particularly welcomed as this group is currently and historicallyunder-represented in our workforce.''??dont thinkso

you stated non catholics could not get jobs in catholic schools, this is not the case it makes perfect sense that these positions should be catholics. do you think harriet harmans equality bill should also mean that you should have a case of discrimination if you want to be a priest but they wont let you beacause you are not a catholic?

Your priest example is s***e.

Why a non catholic or a person who is a catholic but their partner is not can not be a guidance teacher in a Roman Catholic school appalls me. It is discrimination.

RC schools are STATE funded and yes it is the case so I look forward to evidence to say otherwise that is not the case. There should be no STATE funded Roman Catholic schools. Go it alone if you like. Do not agree with that then can you imagine a STATE funded Protestant NHS where only Protestants can be surgeons and doctors and nurses but hey we will let in a couple of token porter Roman Catholics. U would be appalled. The two occupations should be sperated. End of. If not then it is discrimination.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

to add that when you were still waiting on an answer i was in bed sleeping seen as it was 2am

I see you are awake now but still no answer. Witty remarks as a smoke screen into not answering the question doesn't work with me i am afraid.

U may have been sleeping but hey i would do it with one eye on yer bedroom door you may get a visit from a "Friendly" priest. :lol:

—Ernest Hemingway

i take your point, but as for your "high profile examples"

1) arent we just so grateful cairns can be our MP. also im pretty sure it was all former clergyman

2) i am surprised at your faux anger over the monarchy. its a system whereby people are given money because of their birth, and your surprsied its discrimanatory.

3) Tony Blair has committed some pretty non catholic acts, and im pretty sure that law can and has been flouted.

also, alibi has given a personal example that seemed to hit him and his missus hard (in the pocket aswell as mentally) and you are saying dont talk to "me" about discrimniation because youv been clever and googled catholic discrimination? have you, personally ever been discrimnated because your a catholic, cos i havent

been called the f word a few times

got moved off the tills and onto the trolleys of a supermarket i worked at - damn protestants

Indeed. pity you banged the lambeg about papish schools in the middle of it. <_>

And there you go again <_>

I teach in a catholic school, the pupils include Sikhs, hindus, muslims and the papes who you seem to be fixated with. Hardly segregation or apartheid. Still, keep pushing that big lie in a Joe Goebells style.

Remember old Percy Power nearly having a stroke when someone t old him he didn't believe in the existance of god :lol: Sent said naughty pupil around the school to all his teachers to tell them the boy was leaving school .

have they changed the law allowing monarchy to be catholics when i wasnt looking and have they recently readvertised the post of primeminister to include ''applications from the Roman Catholic community are particularly welcomed as this group is currently and historicallyunder-represented in our workforce.''??dont thinkso

The monarchy is the head of the Protestant church so why would they allow a Roman Catholic to be one would they do it the other way around.

As for governments isuue on a Roman Catholic MP without the age of enlightenment we would not have governments and freedom of democracy , freedom of speech etc. and the Roman Catholic church despises to this day not having that power any more over people.

Do they do the reverse in largely catholic populated countries and have laws etc where Jews or Protestants or Muslims do not have the same equal rights and face discrimination. No chance.

However Why does that justify the cover up of peadophile priests and blatant bigotry by the vatican I have know idea.

—Ernest Hemingway

I see you are awake now but still no answer. Witty remarks as a smoke screen into not answering the question doesn't work with me i am afraid.

U may have been sleeping but hey i would do it with one eye on yer bedroom door you may get a visit from a "Friendly" priest. :lol:

oh hardy har yet again it is deemed funny and acceptable to ridicule the catholic faith and blatantly accuse all catholic priests of being paedophiles. i dont see how that statement is acceptable it is a clear example of bigotry. i wonder if the mods will ever come out from their holes to put a clamp on these arguements being ruined as usual by these anti catholic comments. and i have answered your question already. should the manager of a football team be someone who has never played football? should the general secretary of a union be someone who has never been a shop steward? What happened to the banks when those put in the top positions were not bankers with a financial backround? to fufill these positions in catholic schools you must have a great understanding of living the life you are now teaching to. understand the ethos you are promoting and believe that what you are 'preaching' is the truth.

The monarchy is the head of the Protestant church so why would they allow a Roman Catholic to be one would they do it the other way around.

As for governments isuue on a Roman Catholic MP without the age of enlightenment we would not have governments and freedom of democracy , freedom of speech etc. and the Roman Catholic church despises to this day not having that power any more over people.

Do they do the reverse in largely catholic populated countries and have laws etc where Jews or Protestants or Muslims do not have the same equal rights and face discrimination. No chance.

However Why does that justify the cover up of peadophile priests and blatant bigotry by the vatican I have know idea.

well for starters why is the monarch head of the church of england? protestant church?? never heard of it, well i have actually heard many morons say they're religion is eh proddy or prodarsant showing a clear lack of knowledge of what they actually claim to be part of. so you fully admit that you think it is acceptable that catholics should not be in the monarchy or hold high office?

Seriously, four pages and the majority who are normally sensible posters but they're just outing themselves as bigots with an agenda against catholic schools.

Dougie is right, it is becoming a monthly event.

Catholics exist. Protestants exist. Muslims exist. Seikhs exist. Jews exist. Mormons exist. etc. etc.

Catholic schools exist in the UK, but they exist in many other parts of the world too. However, in this wee uncivilised hellhole of a country (Scotland) they are an affront to too many people. Why are they such a problem? Are they jealous of the Catholics?

If this was a thread aimed at denying muslims the right to an education, it would make the Greenock Telegraph amid some Morton messageboard race hate headline. There would also be cries of condemnation by some of the self-righteous and sanctimonious on here. However, the majority of catholics in this country are white indigenous britons, therefore it is acceptable in the eyes of many on here to discriminate and show intolerance against them.

Scotland doesn't deserve independence, its still a country full of backward, intolerant sheepshaggers.

*insert signature here*

not a priest though is he

:blink: Anglican clergy are priests.

Anyhow, the statement was more to do with the invitation from the Vatican to Anglicans. Good to see that they were being more inclusive. With no strings attached :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I would get shot of the Queen and any other outdated sectarian practice.

Kindest Regards

oh hardy har yet again it is deemed funny and acceptable to ridicule the catholic faith and blatantly accuse all catholic priests of being paedophiles. i dont see how that statement is acceptable it is a clear example of bigotry. i wonder if the mods will ever come out from their holes to put a clamp on these arguements being ruined as usual by these anti catholic comments. and i have answered your question already. should the manager of a football team be someone who has never played football? should the general secretary of a union be someone who has never been a shop steward? What happened to the banks when those put in the top positions were not bankers with a financial backround? to fufill these positions in catholic schools you must have a great understanding of living the life you are now teaching to. understand the ethos you are promoting and believe that what you are 'preaching' is the truth.

I don't think anyone said that all priests are paedophiles but it does seem that the whole of the higher echelons of the church in Ireland plus a good few more in the the government and presumably the police conspired to cover it up.

No scandal and protection of the church's wealth seems to have been a higher priority than a few buggered parishioners!

A teacher is an occupation. Roman Catholicism or a Protestantism or a Hinduism etc is religous belief. You can teach every subject at school and not have to have a specific faith in my opinion. I see you tried to tie in teaching and beliefs together to justify blatant discrimination. In my book are they not even remotely connected.

You are in denial if you can not see they are seperable in my opinion and if you still believe it go and pay for an education based on that but do not ask me to pay taxes towards something which I fundamentally disagree with.

Long as the mods have a look at the negative comments started by vikington and the anti monarchy views anti any other religious views expressed on here.

I have made no derogatory remarks unless u mean watch incase when you sleep you get a "visit" by a priest. What do you mean?There are not alot peadophile priests. There was no cover up by the vatican. So a visit is entirely pure and innocent. To misquote viking ton "stop your whinging" because people disagree with your comments and views and do not accept your "witty" remarks without witty replies of their own.

Peodophile priests ??? Never happened.??? Only a few. Only a minority. there was no cover up. etc etc. Get out the whitewash brush again.

—Ernest Hemingway

A teacher is an occupation. A Roman Catholic or a Protestant or a Hindu is religous belief. You can teach every subject at school and not have to have a specific faith in my opinion. I see you tried to tie in teaching and beliefs together to justify blatant discrimination. In my book are they not even remotely connected.

You are in denial if you can not see they are seperable in my opinion and if you still believe it go and pay for an education based on that but do not ask me to pay taxes towards something which I fundamentally disagree with.

Long as the mods have a look at the negative comments started by vikington and the anti monarchy views anti any other religious views expressed on here.

I have made no derogatory remarks unless u mean watch incase when you sleep you get a "visit" by a priest. What do you mean?There are not alot peadophile priests. There was no cover up by the vatican. So a visit is entirely pure and innocent. To misquote viking ton "stop your whinging" because people disagree with your comments and views and do not accept your "witty" remarks without witty replies of their own.

Peodophile priests ??? Never happened.??? Only a few. Only a minority. there was no cover up. etc etc. Get out the whitewash brush again.

the first highlighted is a rather weird statement, in denial as i disagree with your opinion? you must have fun watching question time on a thursday night. as for you taxes, i dont think catholic schools cost the taxpayer that much more as seen as how they are all over capacity these schools would need to exist to anyway to cater for the numbers. and finally you must be a good painter and decorator with that whitewash brush of yours. please find a statement anyone has made on this thread about denying the events in ireland happend or that there was no cover up, if not please apologise for your lies and say 1 our father 2 hail mary's and 3 glory be's

Well for starters why is the monarch head of the church of england? protestant church?? never heard of it, well i have actually heard many morons say they're religion is eh proddy or prodarsant showing a clear lack of knowledge of what they actually claim to be part of. so you fully admit that you think it is acceptable that catholics should not be in the monarchy or hold high office?

It makes no sense. Why would the Head of the monarchy be a catholic(never heard of it unless you mean Roman catholic(smart arses no fine well it is a general term used in every day language as is Protestants but try to deflect their argument or deem themselves intellectual when in fact it is amateurish?

The title of queen or king in this country is partly a religous figurehead.

I would agree with an RC as queen if a lesbian women could be a pope? :lol:

I have heard many morons say on here because they are Karflicks saying it is ok for non karflicks not to be able to teach at a certain level in an occupation in a state funded school.

This does not deflect from the fact that the vatican covered up paedophiles in the Roman Catholic Church.

If the Roman Catholic Church funds stuff for me let me know. I look forward to seeing those examples.

—Ernest Hemingway

Seriously, four pages and the majority who are normally sensible posters but they're just outing themselves as bigots with an agenda against catholic schools.

Dougie is right, it is becoming a monthly event.

Catholics exist. Protestants exist. Muslims exist. Seikhs exist. Jews exist. Mormons exist. etc. etc.

Catholic schools exist in the UK, but they exist in many other parts of the world too. However, in this wee uncivilised hellhole of a country (Scotland) they are an affront to too many people. Why are they such a problem? Are they jealous of the Catholics?

If this was a thread aimed at denying muslims the right to an education, it would make the Greenock Telegraph amid some Morton messageboard race hate headline. There would also be cries of condemnation by some of the self-righteous and sanctimonious on here. However, the majority of catholics in this country are white indigenous britons, therefore it is acceptable in the eyes of many on here to discriminate and show intolerance against them.

Scotland doesn't deserve independence, its still a country full of backward, intolerant sheepshaggers.

Is there anyone suggesting that any child in the UK should be prevented the right to an education? For someone who is prone to making sensible posts a lot of the above is emotional shoite. Nae offence like :D I would argue that kids from all backgrounds should be offered the best educational system available. In my opinion this is a bigger question/ opportunity than just that of faith schools and their role in a modern society.

Kindest Regards

Archived