Grady In The Paper - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Grady In The Paper

MORTON1985

The biggest liability above is McGregor as a centre back. Until Shimmin comes back (very doubtful) or we get someone else in the door then McManus should be playing. I would also agree with a previous post with regard to Jenkins not getting back in to the team without a fight as he has been pretty hopeless this year.

I'd agree with that about McGregor - if our strikers are now a problem solved (may be only temporaritly - we'll see) then I'd prefer s to go looking for a really really good attacking midfielder, plus a good centre back because both McGregor and Greacen worry me at the moment.

My feeling would be that we could see Masterton offered up on loan to free up a berth for better attacking midfielder than Jenkins, plus Monti and/or Graham loaned out temporarily to gain experience and free up a berth for a striker on loan?

I'd agree with that about McGregor - if our strikers are now a problem solved (may be only temporaritly - we'll see) then I'd prefer s to go looking for a really really good attacking midfielder, plus a good centre back because both McGregor and Greacen worry me at the moment.

My feeling would be that we could see Masterton offered up on loan to free up a berth for better attacking midfielder than Jenkins, plus Monti and/or Graham loaned out temporarily to gain experience and free up a berth for a striker on loan?

We don't have the strength in depth to be loaning Monti out, with Walker injured at the moment he's the only option for the left back should Reid get injured, unless we reshuffle the whole defence, and with McAlister not playing well we should keep Monti there as he's the only competition for left midfield and it would send the entirely wrong message if McAlister was then absolutely guaranteed a place in the team despite his form. I don't see the for sending out Graham on loan or the need for a striker on loan, Wake and Weatherson are playing well so shouldn't be dropped and we're not going to get a striker good enough who's happy to sit on the bench. If either of them gets injured or loses form Graham's capable of filling in anyway, and it's only a couple of weeks until Russell comes back too.

I agree about McGregor and Masterton though. When Walker gets fit I'd pick him ahead of McGregor at centre back, but it'd be good if we brought another centre back in, and we're fine for central midfielders so I don't see the need to keep Masterton here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

_41642252_allanmcmanus203.jpg

scott%20brown_633573497349687500.jpg

meerkat1.jpg

Trained to look closely at things (Forensics and Environmental Health), and there is no likeness there other than they all have short hair.

The twitchy snout seems pretty consistent in all three. Wonder if they ALL were similar attire on nights out on the town.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Gary, Jimbob, RNS,

Thanks for the response, great to get these details when I can't get to see the Ton for myself.

I don't want to get carried away but it sounds like a bit of a transformation going on at Cappielow, talk of keeping possession, strikers playing well, Finlayson banging crosses in, Stewart preforming well in goal, natural full back etc. are quite hard to believe compared to what was being served up last time I watched the Ton.

The only thing that sounds familiar is the same names are are splitting opinions as before, mostly fringe players though so from where I am it sounds like a very promising start by Grady and McManus!

So far Grady has kept it very simple and it has worked. Too many times I thought both Irons and McInally were too caught up in formations, tinkering & tactics. We have a squad limited in ability and number. Unlike Man Utd or Chelsea, we don't have a ready made stand in for every position so it's good to see Grady getting the best out of the players and playing with a settled formation. Long may it continue. The team is not perfect nor capable of challenging for the league but it's a very encouraging start now he's had a chance to make his mark. It may be that the Stirling Chairman has done Dougie a favour by asking for a ridiculous amount of compensation for Moore. Only time will tell.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Archived