Will You Boo Or Cheer - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Will You Boo Or Cheer

HMS Willow

Will You Boo Or Cheer  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Upon Grady & McManus Being Introduced As Our New Management Team Till The End Of The Season

• Cheer
    • Boo
    • Remain Silent

It's just what's done, sonnyboy; it's not a big hardship to spend sixty seconds showing a little respect for the dead of the world wars.

Erm yes it is "just what's done": on Rememberance Sunday and Armistice Day.

I suggest you re-read the previous post before climbing onto your high horse.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? Minute's silences are for Rememberance Sunday and Rememberance Day.

I thought they did minutes silences for all sorts of people who have died who were associated with the football clubs of Scotland e.g. players managers etc etc. I am sure ex players etc have died in service for this country?

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

I thought they did minutes silences for all sorts of people who have died who were associated with the football clubs Scotland. I am sure ex players etc have died in service for this country?

Is there a precedent for a minute's silence on Saturday November 7th at a football ground?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Is there a precedent for a minute's silence on Saturday November 7th at a football ground?

I know they are doing it at the Falkirk game and I know that is a Sunday but I just thought they would do it at all the grounds in the uk over the weekend. Let us hope those "wonderful" Celtic fans don't bring shame on Scotland. It is feckin 60 seconds. Not anything compared to what millions gave up for us so we can go and watch the football this weekend. It isn't much of a sacrifice really is it?

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

I know they are doing it at the Falkirk game and I know that is a Sunday but I just thought they would do it at all the grounds in the uk over the weekend. Let us hope those "wonderful" Celtic fans don't bring shame on Scotland. It is feckin 60 seconds. Not anything compared to what millions gave up for us so we can go and watch the football this weekend. It isn't much of a sacrifice really is it?

Yeah, but as you said I think it's the Sunday kick-off that determines it.

Erm yes it is "just what's done": on Rememberance Sunday and Armistice Day.

I suggest you re-read the previous post before climbing onto your high horse.

Seems exactly the same second time around as first! And the answer I gave first time is just as relevant.

But to expand - yes there's a precedent: it's been done for many years now at football grounds and other events.

And it'll be pretty much ubiquitous at football grounds again this weekend. Haven't you been aware of the debate rumbling on since mid-October about whether at Falkirk they hold a minute's applause rather than a minute's silence (in case you can't guess, the visitors to Falkirk on Saturday are "ra Cellic")?

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Yeah, but as you said I think it's the Sunday kick-off that determines it.

It could well be? I just thought they would do it over the whole weekend.

—Ernest Hemingway

Seems exactly the same second time around as first! And the answer I gave first time is just as relevant.

But to expand - yes there's a precedent: it's been done for many years now at football grounds and other events.

And it'll be pretty much ubiquitous at football grounds again this weekend. Haven't you been aware of the debate rumbling on since mid-October about whether at Falkirk they hold a minute's applause rather than a minute's silence (in case you can't guess, the visitors to Falkirk on Saturday are "ra Cellic")?

No, it's Sunday. This is exactly why you've misinterpreted the post the last two times and have misinterpreted the standard procedure.

It could well be just thought they would do it over the whole weekend?

As I said, is there a precedent or is it guesswork?

No, it's Sunday. This is exactly why you've misinterpreted the post the last two times and have misinterpreted the standard procedure.

As I said, is there a precedent or is it guesswork?

err, no I didn't misinterpret it. I pointed out that, up and down and across the country this weekend and until the 11th, there will be a minute of silence observed at many public gatherings in order to observe the fallen of the two world wars.

NOT just on the Sunday and the 11th itself.

err, no I didn't misinterpret it. I pointed out that, up and down and across the country this weekend and until the 11th, there will be a minute of silence observed at many public gatherings in order to observe the fallen of the two world wars.

NOT just on the Sunday and the 11th itself.

Really? Feel free to provide examples of major sporting events partaking in silences this week, NOT on Sunday or the 11th.

Why? Minute's silences are for Rememberance Sunday and Rememberance Day.

No doubt you'd boo or disrupt it due to your ignorance and disrespect of the significance of your forefathers battling to give us what we have today.

FYI it's now about remembering all our service personnel who lost lives during all conflicts past and present.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Really? Feel free to provide examples of major sporting events partaking in silences this week, NOT on Sunday or the 11th.

Your persistently unsavoury ageism is bad enough SPARROT, but you've gone a step too far on this one. There are still folk alive who lost loved ones in the last World War - brave lads, (many younger than you) who gave their lives fighting for their country, and for YOUR freedom to insult their memory.

POOR SHOW. <_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Your persistently unsavoury ageism is bad enough SPARROT, but you've gone a step too far on this one. There are still folk alive who lost loved ones in the last World War - brave lads, (many younger than you) who gave their lives fighting for their country, and for YOUR freedom to insult their memory.

POOR SHOW. <_>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And this coming from a pensioner who constantly bullies a 19 year old!!! Excellent stuff Douglas. I'm off to Leeds in a minute and I'll be smiling all the way there. Many thanks.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And this coming from a pensioner who constantly bullies a 19 year old!!! Excellent stuff Douglas. I'm off to Leeds in a minute and I'll be smiling all the way there. Many thanks.

Nineteen year olds were regarded as MEN during the war. No need to wrap your little bum chum up in Andrex, Peter. <_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

No doubt you'd boo or disrupt it due to your ignorance and disrespect of the significance of your forefathers battling to give us what we have today.

FYI it's now about remembering all our service personnel who lost lives during all conflicts past and present.

Where is the precedent for a silence on Saturday November 7th? Stop avoiding the salient point please.

Oh and FYI my grandfather was spending 1945 in a lovely tour of western Germany. Then again, unless we've been bred as right-wing reactionary morons like yourself we couldn't possibly have had an army record in the family, surely? :shutup:

POOR SHOW. <_>

Oh dear. For one who likes to pick up on minor errors Mortonjag's comprehension has gone awry.

Did Morton have a minute's silence last year on Saturday November 8th for armed forces personnel? Yes or no?

Tell you what: why don't you, maccaboy and HMS Willow put together a brain trust and try finding a factual answer to what is a very simple question?

Tell you what: why don't you, maccaboy and HMS Willow put together a brain trust and try finding a factual answer to what is a very simple question?

Speaking purely for myself, there is in fact a very simple answer: I just can't be arsed. :lol:

Speaking purely for myself, there is in fact a very simple answer: I just can't be arsed. :lol:

Indeed, not like you to be a complete and utter simpleton... :o

Archived