Mma Talk - Page 8 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mma Talk

The UFC 115 card ...

Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry

Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann

Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Spike TV Prelims

Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham

Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

That card hardly inspires confidence, I have to say. Franklin hasn't fought since Belfort demolished him and we've seen Chuck recently. Dunham vs. Griffin in the prelims is gonna be well worth a look though. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Mac Danzig has to offer. He's looked good.

I REALLY want to see Mirko Cro Cop demolish Barry. He can offer a lot more than he's shown, and if he wins a second fight in a row, the confidence might go up.

On the main card for TUF Finale is ...

Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine

Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson

Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver

It's gonna be interesting to see Simpson against Leben. The win over Tom Lawlor was a decent one, and I don't think Leben is MUCH better. He's a wee bit better though. If he beats Leben he should be in bigger fights soon. That main event looks like fun.

: )

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mariusz Pudzianowski lost pretty poorly to Tim Sylvia.

It wasn't unexpected but for a guy his size, he didn't throw enough punches and has no cardio.

I'm surprised really, the guy seemed like an unstoppable beast in strongman competitions for years.

I heard he wasn't a bad amateur boxer either.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a few cracking fights in UFC 115.

Brilliant to see the Mirco fight against Barry. The 2 fighters massively respect each other and even stopped to have a laugh, I've never seen anything like that before.

The first fight was one of the most shocking referee decisions I've seen which put another defeat to Mac Danzig. Shocking decision.

Liddell has to walk away now, he's nowhere near the fighter he was but Franklin is a tough fighter and done well despite breaking his arm.

Roll on 116.

3rd July.

Lesnar vs Carwin.

Wanderlei Silva vs Akiyama

And a few really good prelims.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

• 2 weeks later...

Not even remotely surprised by that. Fedor has this idiot idea where he thinks he can just swing for the fences when a guy is down. Any halfway competent BJJ guy could finish from there. He says he "made a mistake". Too right.

Problem is that he has been fighting diddies and cast offs for a while now. He's only #1 because of past reputation. Maybe now people won't be so sure.

Surprised that nobody is talking about the awesome that was UFC 116.

Pretty much every fight on the main card had something to talk about. Leben vs. Akiyama is a contender for fight of the year. Lesnar put on a dream submission. Bonnar and guy who's name I can't spell had a war for one and a half rounds.

Just an utterly amazing show, which was capped off by the king of UFC winning yet again. For the haters ... GIRUY !!! :D :D :D

Surprised that nobody is talking about the awesome that was UFC 116.

Pretty much every fight on the main card had something to talk about. Leben vs. Akiyama is a contender for fight of the year. Lesnar put on a dream submission. Bonnar and guy who's name I can't spell had a war for one and a half rounds.

Just an utterly amazing show, which was capped off by the king of UFC winning yet again. For the haters ... GIRUY !!! :D :D :D

I thought Carwin was going to waste him. After a couple of minutes of the fight I was sure of it. By the end of the round he was gubbed. :lol:

I thought the Bonnar fight was tremendous, really entertaining brawl.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Can't help but thinking if it was anyone but Brock then maybe the fight would have been over as he was geting pounded. Saying that Carwin may have not been hurting brock as much as he would the average fighter.

Who is next for him?

Can't help but thinking if it was anyone but Brock then maybe the fight would have been over as he was geting pounded. Saying that Carwin may have not been hurting brock as much as he would the average fighter.

Who is next for him?

Lesnar? It'll be Cain Velasquez. Maybe another unbeaten record he'll blemish. Another big, strong wrestler though and possibly as scary an athlete as himself.

onsP5NR.jpg

Looking at Lesner it is a case of who the hell can beat him? He is an absolute machine.

Scary to think the Internet MMA fans wanted Kimbo to be in UFC and tipped him big. Brock would kill him!

Looking at Lesner it is a case of who the hell can beat him? He is an absolute machine.

Scary to think the Internet MMA fans wanted Kimbo to be in UFC and tipped him big. Brock would kill him!

Brock would knock the s*** out of Kimbo even in the back yard ! :P

I think Carwin will get another shot some time soon at Brock and KO him.

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

Can't help but thinking if it was anyone but Brock then maybe the fight would have been over as he was geting pounded.

Nope. Anytime the referee warned Lesnar to do something, he did it. The referee couldn't stop the fight as Lesnar was able to defend himself. Rosenthal probably realised in between asking that Lesnar was just waiting it out.

I think Carwin will get another shot some time soon at Brock and KO him.

He'll get another shot and the same thing'll happen. He doesn't have the skills. Lesnar would maul him.

As for Cain, he won't gas and he isn't as flat out idiotic as Carwin so he has a chance.

Velasquez is a machine. If he gets Brock down the way Carwin did he will finish him.

onsP5NR.jpg

Thought 116 was class, every fight as you said had something excellent about it. Did any of you see the Prelims-Live show on just before it? I Sky+ it and watched it & there is a classic knock out in one of those fights, when a guy basically powerbombs his opponent onto the mat and KOs him!! :lol: Top class watching

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Velasquez is a machine. If he gets Brock down the way Carwin did he will finish him.

If he couldn't put away Kongo with 17,00 unanswered punches (or however many it was), I can't see him puting away Brock, especially now he's proven he can take a hit from the heaviest handed fighter in the division.

BoutrosBoutros

Archived