Mma Talk - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mma Talk

Right, the main cards for the next two shows after UFC 107 are as follows.

UFC 108

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller

Junior Dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel

UFC 109

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman

Josh Koscheck vs. Paolo Thiago

Antonio Rogerio Noguiera vs. Brandon Vera

Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen

Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

Looks like UFC 111 in New Jersey is gonna get the GSP vs. Dan Hardy fight.

: )

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie is gonna happen at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi (sp?). Dana White was asked if it would happen, and he smiled and said that it sounded good. Seems like an unofficial confirmation to me.

Also, Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva in Sydney ? Yes please.

Right, the main cards for the next two shows after UFC 107 are as follows.

UFC 108

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Dustin Hazelett vs. Paul Daley

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller

Junior Dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel

UFC 109

Josh Koscheck vs. Paolo Thiago

Antonio Rogerio Noguiera vs. Brandon Vera

Looks like UFC 111 in New Jersey is gonna get the GSP vs. Dan Hardy fight.

The 2 cards are ok...looking farward to seeing the Nate, randy and rashad fights.

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

• 3 weeks later...

UFC 108 tonight....

Daley was unable to make weight and for safety reasons, the Nevada State Athletic Commission will not allow him to try to cut to 171 pounds. Hazelett agreed to a catchweight bout at 172 pounds and Daley will be fined 10% of his purse.

Being 2 pounds over your weight costs you alot of money :lol:

Rashad to win tonight :D same with Daley

Thiago Silva should have knocked Evans out. He blew a great chance in the 3rd round. I don't think he'll ever be a champion based on his performances against the top fighters in the division.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Right, the card for UFC 109 is like this ...

Mike Swick vs. Paolo Thiago

Demien Maia vs. Dan Miller

Looking pretty good if you ask me, with FOUR matches on there opening my eyes a wee bit.

Here's UFC 110 from Sydney.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Wanderlei Silva vs. Mike Bisping

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Ben Rothwell

If this card stays injury free, it's gonna be absolutely brilliant from top to bottom. Not a single fight I don't wanna see.

UFC 111 has two fights announced which I'll put as the top two and the other two are almost confirmed.

UFC Welterweight Championship : George St. Pierre © vs. Dan Hardy

UFC Interim Heavyweight Championship : Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin

Thiago Alvez vs. Jon Fitch

Matt Brown vs. Ricardo Almeida

Right other possibles.

Vitor Belfort vs. Anderson Silva at 112.

Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie at 112.

Lyoto Machida vs. Shogun Rua at 113.

Rashad Evans vs. Rampage Jackson at 113.

Some goodness on the way.

• 4 weeks later...
World Extreme Cagefighting will stage its first pay-per-view event April 24, scheduling a star-stacked card for its first attempt to persuade mixed martial arts fans to pay $44.99 for its fights.

Urijah Faber will meet featherweight champion Jose Aldo in the main event of WEC 48 from Sacramento, Calif., the lighter-weight MMA promotion’s leaders told The Associated Press before Wednesday’s announcement.

Former featherweight champion Mike Brown also will meet Manny Gamburyan at Arco Arena, and lightweight champion Ben Henderson will fight Donald Cerrone in a rematch of their acclaimed October bout.

Wowzers. That is two AMAZING fights on that card. Plus, it's always fun to watch Mike Brown.

Can't say I'm surprised that nobody is talking about UFC 109. It wasn't very good.

Dana White has said that Mark Coleman is done in the UFC, but the Couture fight is one that he wanted for a while. It's beginning to look like Randy Couture is heading for a showdown with Machida or Shogun which will be BIG money. Especially if it's Machida. Couture would probably get mauled in such a fight, but it'd be a fight which people would want to see, and get behind the underdog.

What's happened to the interest in MMA these days on here btw ?

Basically the interest is waning right now because it's not interesting haha.

I watched 109 at the weekend there and I thought it was guff. The main event wasn't great either. Coleman was finished long before that fight.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

There's some big stuff coming up though. Serra/Trigg on 109 was a fairly big fight, you had the Diaz fight at Strikeforce as well as the big WEC PPV coming up with two blinders.

UFC 110 has four potentially juicy fights. Cro Cop vs. Rothwell will surprise a lot of people I reckon and Silva vs. Bisping won't disappoint.

The only difference there seems to be is a lack of movement in the top end of the heavyweight division, otherwise things are going as they always have.

The only difference there seems to be is a lack of movement in the top end of the heavyweight division, otherwise things are going as they always have.

Don't know about there being a lack of movement in the heavyweight division. If anything its starting to get interesting at the moment.

Winner of Mir v Carwin will be the interim champ and they will face Lesnar for the Heavyweight belt.....

if they can't then the winner of Velasquez v Minotauro will face Lesnar for the belt with Mir or Carwin being number one contender. Which throws up the possibilities of several interesting fights over the next year or so.

Also with Dos Santos v Gonzaga coming up soon the winner of this (Dos Santos!) will be close in line for a title shot.

If anything the heavyweight division is the best at the moment for keeping its top six or seven fighters relevant and all in with a chance to win UFC titles.

FINAL ETERNITY AROUSES REACTIONS

FREEING EXCELLANCE AFFECTS REALITY

FALLEN EMPIRES ARE RULING

FIND EARTH AND REAP

Don't know about there being a lack of movement in the heavyweight division. If anything its starting to get interesting at the moment.

Winner of Mir v Carwin will be the interim champ and they will face Lesnar for the Heavyweight belt.....

if they can't then the winner of Velasquez v Minotauro will face Lesnar for the belt with Mir or Carwin being number one contender. Which throws up the possibilities of several interesting fights over the next year or so.

Also with Dos Santos v Gonzaga coming up soon the winner of this (Dos Santos!) will be close in line for a title shot.

If anything the heavyweight division is the best at the moment for keeping its top six or seven fighters relevant and all in with a chance to win UFC titles.

i dont think thats what happens with the interim. the interim champ will get the belt if lesnar cant defend it against him by a certain date. so that will be mir or carwin. thats how it works in boxing i think its the same at ufc.

thats how alex arther got his last belt.

Brock Lesnar has confirmed he'll be back in the summer, so it's Mir or Carwin that will face him. Everyone wants Mir vs. Lesnar III. Including myself. Will be nice to watch Mir get his face punched in again. He was absolutely humiliated last time out.

The last few shows have been limited for good heavyweight fights though. We've seen the rise of Dos Santos and Mir destroying Kongo, but that's what I meant.

There have been some big fights recently and have gone almost undetected. I can't believe BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez went without much fanfare.

Brock Lesnar has confirmed he'll be back in the summer, so it's Mir or Carwin that will face him. Everyone wants Mir vs. Lesnar III. Including myself. Will be nice to watch Mir get his face punched in again. He was absolutely humiliated last time out.

The last few shows have been limited for good heavyweight fights though. We've seen the rise of Dos Santos and Mir destroying Kongo, but that's what I meant.

There have been some big fights recently and have gone almost undetected. I can't believe BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez went without much fanfare.

I dont actually want to see Mir Vs Lesnar just yet... leave that for another time i want to see Carwin get a chance to knock the hell out of Lesnar ! :D wipe the grin off his face.

the best thing about UFC 109 was the Darce chock Paulo Thiago put on swick...class.

I also wanted Nate Marquardt to win his fight but it wasnt to be :(

the best thing about UFC 109 was the Darce chock Paulo Thiago put on swick...class.

That came out of nowhere too. Swick was as dominant as you're ever likely to see him and then Thiago just EXPLODED out with that bad boy. Incredible.

I'll admit I haven't seen Shane Carwin fight yet, so I have no idea what to expect from him. I hate Mir though, and would love to see Lesnar punch him in the face for five straight rounds. He did it last fight ( untill the ref stopped it ) and I see no reason why he can't do it again.

That said, Mir is an awesome commentator.

This and also Rolles Gracie continuing the Gracie fighting tradition...........not very well!!!!!

Just seen that UFC 112 starts at 6pm over here!!

Would be good if any pubs about here were showing it live.

Might actually be sober enough to remember the main event.

FINAL ETERNITY AROUSES REACTIONS

FREEING EXCELLANCE AFFECTS REALITY

FALLEN EMPIRES ARE RULING

FIND EARTH AND REAP

Working my way through the early UFC shows.

What a lot of crap and awesome crammed into them every single night. Dan Severn ... good christ. Hated him in WWE, but seen him in one fight, and honest to god, I love him.

It should be noted that the final of UFC 4 is sensational.

Anyone see UFC 110 ?

I thought Bisping need to be more aggressive in his fight.... he seemed to respect Wand to much !

It was a close fight right enough but i did think Wand just won it and i mean just.

The gate at 110 grossed $2.5Mill by the way (wouldnt mind some of that !)

The ufc also broke the merchandise record over there and who did they beat to get that record ???? MAIDEN !

Ive seen this vid about other subjects but this was funny when i saw it about ufc

Archived