Kyle Naughton - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Kyle Naughton

In this months 442, he is interviewed and states quite categorically that he is a full back, but that at gretna he was played as a striker. Does this tell us anything about irons and his ability to spot a striker/ full back, something we have struggled with??

:rolleyes:

When he played as a striker for Gretna they only had about a dozen players. They didn't have any real strikers at the club, so had to pick someone to play there. It was around the point when players stopped getting paid, which just left mainly loan players and youth players, and the few full-time players that decided to play on.

i remember Naughton playing full back against rangers and him and jenkins were outstanding

may have been jenkins last game for them

Jenkins and McGuffie both got Man of the match against the old firm the game before they signed for us. I wish we could play them every week and maybe we'd see McGuffie actually try.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Jenkins and McGuffie both got Man of the match against the old firm the game before they signed for us. I wish we could play them every week and maybe we'd see McGuffie actually try.

I'm fairly sure McGuffie played at centre-half in that game, it wasn't long before he signed for us? I dunno why he is always played at centre-mid to be honest, I actually think he's fairly decent when he plays on the right, and I think he would do well in the middle of a back 3 as the organiser, but in midfield he'd be lucky to be considered 2nd Division standard.

That said, it's blatantly obvious Irons doesn't know what he's doing with his players. Carlo Monti, the centre-mid, that became so good at full-back as to merit a wage and a change to a back 4 being an example of his insightfulness.

AWMSC

I'm fairly sure McGuffie played at centre-half in that game, it wasn't long before he signed for us? I dunno why he is always played at centre-mid to be honest, I actually think he's fairly decent when he plays on the right, and I think he would do well in the middle of a back 3 as the organiser, but in midfield he'd be lucky to be considered 2nd Division standard.

That said, it's blatantly obvious Irons doesn't know what he's doing with his players. Carlo Monti, the centre-mid, that became so good at full-back as to merit a wage and a change to a back 4 being an example of his insightfulness.

McGuffie sees himself as a centre-mid, I remember him stating that one of the reasons he was looking forward to playing for Morton was that he was going to play in his favoured position, rather than at the back (it was mainly right back he played).

Monti played both midfield and left back as a youth. What's your point?

Archived