Glastonbury - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Glastonbury

Mr.Blue

Anyone see any of last nights footage?

I watched the doves and Bloc Party and both were awesome.

Neil Young was also very good, as was Lily allen :wub: her outfit was not too shabby ^_^

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The Specials - Big disappointment.... thought their set sounded like an absolute shambles. Don't think they are suited to big festivals anyway. Terry Hall's vocals sounded pretty dodgy.

Neil Young - Sounded pretty good, though his set list coulda been much better IMO.... where was Thrasher, Out On The Weekend, Like A Hurricane or anything off After The Gold Rush?

Lily Allen - Sounded pretty good, nice arse.

The Doves - Horribly depressing.

Lady Gaga - Complete pie..... rubbish songs.

The Dead Weather - Thought they sounded pretty good, synth reminded me a bit of Suicide.

Paulo Nutini - Looked at home amongst the mushrooms, but never the less sounded really good as did his backing band.

Fleet Foxes - The best so far, vocals were spot on and they sounded tight.

White Lies - An example of the pish that gets served up as music these days.

Little Boots - Sounded pretty good, nice arse.

Bloc Party - Absolute torture on the ear drums, turned off to watch an old episode of Deal or No Deal that I'd Sky+ed after about one song. Should have had them at the top of my Most Overrated Bands list.

After seeing Glastonburys brilliant line-up this year I've been pretty disappointed with the kack that has been served up on television with the likes of Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party getting alot of air time. Suppose television chiefs are always going to appeal to the masses, but it would have been nice to see some of the lesser known bands get a little more air time. The presenters are also a pain in the hoop, where do they dig these cretins up from? :huh:

Just going to watch last nights Glasto now, so hopefully a bit better than what I've seen already.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

Lastnight was the first time i had seen Bruce Springsteen live and heard some of his not so popular songs and i thought he was good ! ...really puts so much into his performance and for a guy his age hes looking in really good shape.

Did i hear abit of booing from the crowd inbetween songs ?

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

Lastnight was the first time i had seen Bruce Springsteen live and heard some of his not so popular songs and i thought he was good ! ...really puts so much into his performance and for a guy his age hes looking in really good shape.

Did i hear abit of booing from the crowd inbetween songs ?

The Boss was very good last night and he looked absolutely gorgeous! :wub: :wub:

Isn't it a lovely day.....

dizze rascal now. s***e start opening with a cover.

canny wait for the boss!

Dizzee Rascal's fcking awesome! :P

I'm just watching all the highlights from Glastonbury on iPlayer the now, never really had a chance to watch it when it was on. So far so good. :P

I'm not a big fan of Kasabian but must say I quite liked some of that, especially the song Underdog.

TTG JIM!!!

Haven't seen much as have been working (boo) although the boyfriend has hopefully recorded bits.

Thought Neil Young was fantastic, especially as I only really know his stuff with CSNY, didn't know much of his solo stuff

Maximo Park were brilliant. Shame only two men and a dug were watching

And I want to marry Graham Coxon :wub:

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

The Boss was superb, only a fortnight till he brings the band to Hampden! :D

Blur were pretty good too, hope they decide to make a new album and tour again.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Blur were magic tonight, and I'm not really a fan. However, they need to sort their bass player out. Why was he dressed as Peter Pan?

I'm not a big fan of blur but ithought they where good...really gave it there all and the crowd response was amazing.

I have to say i forgot how many good songs they actually had :lol:

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

Archived