2009 Baseball Thread - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2009 Baseball Thread

Looks like it's part of the sky package now, no £12.99 a month subbies :)

ESPN America is available as part of the News & Events pack on the sky platform (Channel 417) in The UK

Yet us with Virgin media(and on the XL Package) would need to pay around an extra £10 per month for it.

Pish!

"I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillies get Cliff Lee & Ben Francisco.

Indians get -

*Jason Knapp (18 year old pitcher, the key guy in the trade)

*Carlos Carrasco (one of the top pitching prospects in the Philly organisation although he's struggled a little this year at AAA)

*Lou Marson (good catching prospect)

*Jason Donald (decent MLB ready Short-stop)

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted we didn't get Roy Halladay but on the other hand......... our rotation now reads:

1. Cole Hamels (last year's World Series MVP)

2. Cliff Lee (reigning AL-Cy Young Award Winner)

3. Joe Blanton (solid year, 3-0 and 1.20 ERA in last four starts)

4. J.A. Happ (7-1, 2.97 ERA in first full season in the bigs)

5. Jamie Moyer/Pedro Martinez/Rodrigo Lopez

So we get to keep Happ in the rotation, keep our top pitching prospect (Drabek) and our top hitting prospects (Brown & Taylor) - you gotta love that. AND we get a right handed bench guy which we've been lacking all season.

Looks like a steal for the Phillies :-)

TRUST THE DUFF

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month since the last post on this thread. How's everyone's team coming along now? Did anyone take advantage of MLB.TV?

Yanks are in 1st in the AL East, and they also have the best record in baseball. A far cray from the first two months of the season, huh? :)

Still....a lot can change in the last month of the season. ;)

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

It's been over a month since the last post on this thread. How's everyone's team coming along now? Did anyone take advantage of MLB.TV?

Yanks are in 1st in the AL East, and they also have the best record in baseball. A far cray from the first two months of the season, huh? :)

Still....a lot can change in the last month of the season. ;)

nice to see all that money actually got you somewhere this season. :rolleyes:

nice to see all that money actually got you somewhere this season. :rolleyes:

Ah, yes, envy..... ;)

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

Ah, yes, envy..... ;)

could care less about how the yankees actually do. im just envious of the whole experience that you see in baseball parks up north. i can't really explain it, but the whole scene is different. everything that the rays attempt to do to increase the fan experience is horribly lame and embarrassing. the stadium itself is a joke, and especially bad since they attmept to promote everything to five year olds. <_>

anyways, i'd rather see the yankees over boston... :blush:

could care less about how the yankees actually do. im just envious of the whole experience that you see in baseball parks up north. i can't really explain it, but the whole scene is different. everything that the rays attempt to do to increase the fan experience is horribly lame and embarrassing. the stadium itself is a joke, and especially bad since they attmept to promote everything to five year olds. <_>

anyways, i'd rather see the yankees over boston... :blush:

Sorry about your stadium and all, Alex.

Seems we agree about the Red Sucks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

At 1st i wasnt happy that channel 5 stopped showing the baseball this year,I still had myp2p to fall back on and watch most games i wanted on tvants program,But i now thank the day that setanta went to the wall :D.ESPN to replace it in my package im in heaven !!!...A feast of baseball,ESPN Classics!!!....Now i aint so mad with channel 5,Obviously they knew summit that we didnt with reguards of Setanta going bust.

And im saying going bust,Has any 1 else watched any live football stream online and the game is being broadcasted on SETANTA??....a few games ive watch i have seen this,Even when it goes to the next 3 program schedual is setanta....So is it a case that setanta is still operating but in another country?

Davie

Mon Eh Ton!!!

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

And im saying going bust,Has any 1 else watched any live football stream online and the game is being broadcasted on SETANTA??....a few games ive watch i have seen this,Even when it goes to the next 3 program schedual is setanta....So is it a case that setanta is still operating but in another country?

setanta is still operating in the us. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to mention.....BOSTON SUCKS!!! BOSTON SUCKS!!! BOSTON SUCKS!!! BOSTON SUCKS!!! BOSTON SUCKS!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!

impressive yankees win tonight. have a feeling they'll win it all.

I certainly hope they do win it, Alex. We'll see how it goes in Anaheim tonight.

Well, we took the loss. That sucked--I guess we got a taste of our own medicine. :(

better luck tonight, I hope, with Sabathia on the mound again.

didnt understand girardi's decision to take robertson out of the game, he was pitching well. But can't win them all hopefully CC gets a win tonight

Was surprised Robertson was taken out also but given that I was rooting for Abreu's Angels I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

How about those Phillies. 3-1 up with Hamels going at home for a potential clincher - couldn't have asked for much better.

GO PHILS!

TRUST THE DUFF

Great comment from Alex.

"I feel like a 10-year-old kid again," Rodriguez said. "I couldn't be more excited. Ever since I was a five-year old this has been my dream."

275,000,001 reasons to be excited.

I thought he was a Mets fan ??

:blink:

Archived