2009 Baseball Thread - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2009 Baseball Thread

Baseball season is here, and the second World Baseball Classic is on!!!

An upset happened last night when the Netherlands team beat the Dominican Republic team 3-2. Can the South African team beat the Cubans? Wouldn't that be something?

In MLB news, A-Rod could be out for 4 months, depending on his hip. :(

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh finally someone to answer my question. You know the final (superbowl whatever its called) between the Florida Marlins and the Yankees. Who won it? Was watching when i was over there but I left before someone actually won it..still dont know to this day who won it.

Ahh finally someone to answer my question. You know the final (superbowl whatever its called) between the Florida Marlins and the Yankees. Who won it? Was watching when i was over there but I left before someone actually won it..still dont know to this day who won it.

In 2003?

Here's Wiki if it was.

HH.

Candygram for Mongo! Candygram for Mongo............ (BOOM!!!)

can't get into this world baseball classic thing. us and canada were in town a few weeks ago playing the blue jays, but this doesn't really interest me at all. i am quite excited for the rays this season, although doubt they will have as good as a season as last.

Baseball season is here, and the second World Baseball Classic is on!!!

An upset happened last night when the Netherlands team beat the Dominican Republic team 3-2. Can the South African team beat the Cubans? Wouldn't that be something?

In MLB news, A-Rod could be out for 4 months, depending on his hip. :(

Pretty convenient time for A-Rod to be injured <_>

How are the Yanks shaping up Trick, made any moves to sort the pitching?

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

can't get into this world baseball classic thing. us and canada were in town a few weeks ago playing the blue jays, but this doesn't really interest me at all. i am quite excited for the rays this season, although doubt they will have as good as a season as last.

I'd like to watch it, but it comes on entirely too late here. I think it could become something big over time....especially if the "lesser" teams start winning (like the Netherlands did the other day, and the Aussies did today/yesterday). Now, if South Africa could just win..... :)

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

I'd like to watch it, but it comes on entirely too late here. I think it could become something big over time....especially if the "lesser" teams start winning (like the Netherlands did the other day, and the Aussies did today/yesterday). Now, if South Africa could just win..... :)

is it actually holland or curacao? :huh:

Pretty convenient time for A-Rod to be injured <_>

How are the Yanks shaping up Trick, made any moves to sort the pitching?

The Yanks got C.C. Sabathia and AJ Burnett this year.....HUGE! Pettite came back for another year, too, and that makes 3 solid starters....the 4th solid one is the return of Wang. Probably the best starting staff in baseball now.

is it actually holland or curacao? :huh:

Holland. Seriously, although my family left Holland for "New Amsterdam" in 1641, I would qualify to play for the team under the current rules. ;)

Holland. Seriously, although my family left Holland for "New Amsterdam" in 1641, I would qualify to play for the team under the current rules. ;)

:huh:

guess ill be the star of the polish team in a few years time then. :rolleyes:

Expect the NL East to be FANTASTIC this year. Expect the division to be tightly contested all season with Phillies, Mets & Braves all fighting it out at the top - Florida may have a say also.

Disappointed that the Phils didn't do more to get another starting pitcher in but both Happ and Park have looked good thus far so hopefully either of them can fill in and do a job as the 5th starter.

TRUST THE DUFF

:huh:

guess ill be the star of the polish team in a few years time then. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, the Poles have a great Little League setup in their country. The Germans also have an extensive professional league.

(The given page is their "Major League" site. Check out the button for the "2. BL," "Regional Liga," and the softball tags for other leagues.

Believe it or not, the Poles have a great Little League setup in their country. The Germans also have an extensive professional league.

(The given page is their "Major League" site. Check out the button for the "2. BL," "Regional Liga," and the softball tags for other leagues.

you're right. the cubs and white sox are quality teams. :D :P

• 2 weeks later...
you're right. the cubs and white sox are quality teams. :D :P

:lol:

The opening games at the new Yankee Stadium and the new Citi (formerly Shea) Stadium were yesterday in New York.

The season is just around the corner....... :)

The opening games at the new Yankee Stadium and the new Citi (formerly Shea) Stadium were yesterday in New York.

The season is just around the corner....... :)

the orioles will win the opening day game and then go on to lose 100. goddam you, peter angelos. goddam you to hell!

the guy below loves the boaby.

the orioles will win the opening day game and then go on to lose 100.

goddam you, peter angelos. goddam you to hell!

Are there really that many matches in a season ?

I know that they play 3 or 4 times a week, but that's a lot of games.

Archived