2009 Baseball Thread - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2009 Baseball Thread

Hello

I am thinking of going to a Yankees match and a Blue Jays match when I am over in North America in Summer, is baseball a pretty good live spectator sport? Can you get a decent enough view from the cheap seats or are you better off splashing out extra on expensive tickets?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you mean a yankees vs blue jays game, or separate games in new york and toronto? i would imagine that the views at the new yankees stadium are quite nice from anywhere. not sure about the toronto place though. that looks just as bad as the place that i have to put up with. there is really something special about attending a game at one of the big teams, like yankees or the cubs for example. :)

Yeah, at New York and at Toronto.

Thing the Yankees are playing some bunch of no-hopers from Seattle or something when I am there, Blue Jays playing Boston when I am up there so will try and go to that.

Yeah, at New York and at Toronto.

Thing the Yankees are playing some bunch of no-hopers from Seattle or something when I am there, Blue Jays playing Boston when I am up there so will try and go to that.

Regardless if the Yankees are playing Seattle, you should go to the new Yankee Stadium. I hear it's one hell of a place to go (it just opened)! You may hvae a harder time getting into the Red Sucks-Toronto game, especially since both teams are doing well.

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

Ahhhhh.....a breath of fresh air for us last night, when A-ROD, on the first pitch that he saw of the season, crushed the ball for a 3-un homer in the first inning of the game against Baltimore. And, to top it off, CC Sabathia went the distance for the win.

Sometimes one player can make the difference for the whole team.....here's hoping that this will be the case with A-ROD's return. I hope it won't be proven that it was too early for him to return.

Now, if we can get over our injuries....Posada, Molina, Kennedy, etc. :( If we can keep pace until they all come back, look out!

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Teixiera went 4-for-4 with a homer, double and two singles, and he drove in 4 runs. He's picking it up, and here's hoping that A-ROD's walk-off blast in the 11th to win it will wake him up. That, coupled with the injured players about to come back, as well as the starting pitchin coming around, we look to be in pretty good shape. :)

Hello

I am thinking of going to a Yankees match and a Blue Jays match when I am over in North America in Summer, is baseball a pretty good live spectator sport? Can you get a decent enough view from the cheap seats or are you better off splashing out extra on expensive tickets?

I have been too two BlueJays games. The stadium is nice. I got the cheapest tickets and the view was good. A lot of people came in late and a lot of people left early , seemed to me that not a lot of people watch the full game. I thought it was pretty boring but if youre in Toronto its a must.

• 1 month later...

Things are shaping up for the Yanks, got a decent bull pen for the first team in years.

Traditonal slow start leaves them 3 back from Boston at the mo but the Sox won't won't last the pace.

Let's hear it for the Baltimore Orioles, baseballs Washington Generals.

Making last place their own like only the Tigers could.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Well after watching baseball on channel 5 for years, i finally made it to my first ever MLB game this year. Florida Marlins at Toronto Blue Jays.

WEll worth the money, decided just to get the cheap seats at $9 each, couldnt complain about them atall, excellent view of the field. And as for the RogersCentre itself, it is a pretty impressive stadium. Decided to take the tour, all i can say is that it was amazing.

The game itself wasnt too bad (sure the Blue Jays got humped) but the overall experience was great. Even the missis (not a massive sports fan atall) made it to the 8th inning before ther attention began to fade.

Anyway, need to find a decent way of keeping up with the games now since Channel 5 stopped showing games. But in a closing note, i strongly advise anyone visiting north america to go to a baseball game... regardless if you like it or not.

3942693029a11045825726l.jpg

5170112a11045304280l.jpg

5170112a11045304140l.jpg

"I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food."

Mate, I highly recommend MLB.TV to keep up with the games (I'm watching last night's Yankees-Marlins game as I write this).

If you get the basic MLB.TV, you'll only be able to watch gmes live. Therefore, I highly recommend MLB.TV Premium as you can watch games live or even later on, after the games are over (it acts like a DVR at that point). It's a bit pricey ($109 a year, but it's now $89.95 for the rest of the year), but it's well worth it!

Go to MLB.COM/mediacenter and put your sursor over the Audio & Video tab for more info. The link for "Buy MLB.TV" is here.

Cheers for that Trick. I'll check it out. Sounds like a decent deal, especially being able to watch the games once they have finished.

"I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food."

i thought the box scores were quite entertaining. :)

Well the only positive is that we've been absolutely crippled by injuries n we're somehow still top of the division...

Ruiz was a big loss when he was on the DL

Howard has been missing with illness

Utley had hip surgery in the off-season although has done well considering

Victorino was on the DL recently

Ibanez is the biggest loss, no surprise we've struggled since he went down

Lidge - no further comment required, we MUST get him back ASAP

Hamels - injured at start of season, missed 4 starts

Myers - done for the year

Condrey- down after a great start

The list goes on.........

TRUST THE DUFF

ESPN American Sports (used to be NASN) has been on freeview the last couple of weekends, sky 417.

Can't believe channel 5 have scrapped the baseball :angry: , Johnny and Josh had built up a pretty loyal following.

Looks like it's part of the sky package now, no £12.99 a month subbies :)

ESPN America is available as part of the News & Events pack on the sky platform (Channel 417) in The UK

Looks like it's part of the sky package now, no £12.99 a month subbies :)

ESPN America is available as part of the News & Events pack on the sky platform (Channel 417) in The UK

Brilliant! Thanks for the heads up, I never would have known :)

TRUST THE DUFF

Archived