The Football Manager Thread - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Football Manager Thread

RedSoxBlueHoops

Kept asking for £250,000 and no-one was biting. Was pretty heavily into debt (thanks to the stupid bonus system in scheme at the start) and got a few top notch left wingers on loan from Premiership clubs so decided it wouldn't do any harm.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did u end up with 50k for McAlister?.....MY 1st offer for him was 120k lol..last was 160k..ive got him signed up till 2010-11.

Edit to say....Keigan Ayres thats all im saying lol

I just bought Jim for 300k (as Morton are in the SPL).

I tried to sign Keigan Ayres earlier in the day, but couldn't get a work permit for him. (That's the wee Canadian guy, right?)

I managed to re-sign Noel Hunt from Sunderland for 170k a season after flogging him to them for a million! :lol:

Top Scorer for me last season was Stephen Dobbie, as I finished 4th in the SPL. :lol:

Now have to choose between a strike force of Dobbie, Marlet, Niculae, Hunt and McGowan. Too many choices!

Yeah ...ive not really went on as far as to see yet were the bonus for winning the league has left me,Summit like 500k paid out..maybes play the start of the 2nd season at the weekend,When i got time...End up playing it till 5 in the moring 1 night last week lol

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

I tried to sign Keigan Ayres earlier in the day, but couldn't get a work permit for him. (That's the wee Canadian guy, right?)

Yeah he's at Hibs...I play him in the middle with either Gardyne or Swankie as the attacking mid and McHale beside Ayres or sitting behind Ayres and Gardyne.

Gardyne is pretty good!

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

Recommend any defenders? I've scored more goals than anyone in the league, but also conceded more! Any decent goalkeepers as well? Loaned that Kalambay or whatever he's called from Hibs and on his debut made an arse of 3 goals. I went in a mood and sent the b*****d back! :)

Recommend any defenders? I've scored more goals than anyone in the league, but also conceded more! Any decent goalkeepers as well? Loaned that Kalambay or whatever he's called from Hibs and on his debut made an arse of 3 goals. I went in a mood and sent the b*****d back! :)

Adrian Napierala from some Polish mob. Costs about £60k.

Also Witold Cichy and Latka from some other Polish mobs - they're both cheap as chips...

albert-einstein.jpg

Graeme Smith. Got him on a free, I think he may have been with Aberdeen before that, not sure though.

The Rangers Reject is also decent in FM08.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Graeme Smith. Got him on a free, I think he may have been with Aberdeen before that, not sure though.

The Rangers Reject is also decent in FM08.

Tried to get Smith but he went somewhere else, Robinson costs too much. I'm over £1 million in debt...

Tried to get Smith but he went somewhere else, Robinson costs too much. I'm over £1 million in debt...

Try and get Robinson on loan. In my first game my finances were a mess. Can anybody keep their finances straight without cheating?

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Try and get Robinson on loan. In my first game my finances were a mess. Can anybody keep their finances straight without cheating?

Yes. I've made profits over £400k.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Nice. I couldn't make profits no matter what. My wages were well under my budget and I didn't spend even half of my transfer budget.

Sell players and win stuff.

I sold Adam Coakley for £70,000 plus 20% of next sale; I defy you or anyone to do a better bit of business B)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

How did u end up with 50k for McAlister?.....MY 1st offer for him was 120k lol..last was 160k..ive got him signed up till 2010-11.

Edit to say....Keigan Ayres thats all im saying lol

Ayres is an excellent player! I got him for 30k and is one of the best signings going.

2 defenders to reccomend are Scott Cuthbertson from celtic and Paul Ritchie from a free transfer at the start.

I have no signature

Sell players and win stuff.

I sold Adam Coakley for £70,000 plus 20% of next sale; I defy you or anyone to do a better bit of business B)

:o

iv just taken to loaning him out, nobody is interested in signing him... however he is on fire for the reserves

"I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women, and breakfast food."

:o

iv just taken to loaning him out, nobody is interested in signing him... however he is on fire for the reserves

I had several teams interested - I transfer listed him 2 minutes into the game!

Most notable were East Fife, Pollok and the eventual successful bidders, Bathgate Thistle! :o

onsP5NR.jpg

Check the contracts of yer players. Most of the Morton squad have appearance fees equal to their weekly wage. If you offer everyone a new contract at the start of the year it sorts it out a bit.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

Check the contracts of yer players. Most of the Morton squad have appearance fees equal to their weekly wage. If you offer everyone a new contract at the start of the year it sorts it out a bit.

thats a bug btw :P wasnt me

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Awrite cheers.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Archived