O My God - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

O My God

vikingTON

THAT'LL BE A FECKING DRUM.

Besides, you have not listened to both Kaiser Chiefs albums but you have dismissed any variety in songs despite the clear, blindingly obvious fact that there is a contrast in style between , say Na Na na na Naa and Team Mate.

Or are you still trying to say they are both exactly the same style.

Fantastic argument there.

As for Lily's "variation" in style I put it to you thus:

There are many words in a thesaurus for sh*te.

:angry:

Yes Team Mate is a different type song to rest of the employment album but you can instantaneously tell it's the Kaiser Chiefs as soon as you hear the song, there is still a slight riff that is also in the rest of the songs on employment, it may be slower or faster or in a different key but that doesn't take away the fact that there is the same sound throughout each of their songs throughout employment.

Coming from the person who's jumped on the "Lily Allen is a good musician" bandwagon.

Which leads straight to a mental asylum.

As for this "popular" bandwagon I've jumped on, first of all how can you argue that she isn't when you've not heard her music in full? Second of all, in terms of popular music she is not the most popular and when she first came out I couldn't stand her until I gave her album a listen to cos she has not released her best stuff as singles.

I only decide whether I like someones music when I've heard it properly and I tend not to like the more mainstream music of people who don't write their own music or people who use major influences as a standard rather than a foundation, mainly cos the quality is not the same as the people who put their own personal touch into whatever genre of music that influences them and makes it unique.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Team Mate is a different type song to rest of the employment album but you can instantaneously tell it's the Kaiser Chiefs as soon as you hear the song, there is still a slight riff that is also in the rest of the songs on employment, it may be slower or faster or in a different key but that doesn't take away the fact that there is the same sound throughout each of their songs throughout employment.

As for this "popular" bandwagon I've jumped on, first of all how can you argue that she isn't when you've not heard her music in full? Second of all, in terms of popular music she is not the most popular and when she first came out I couldn't stand her until I gave her album a listen to cos she has not released her best stuff as singles.

1. A rare admission then.

So not all Kaiser Chiefs tracks sound the same? :o :o :o

So I am correct? ;)

2. I doubt if the Arctic Monkeys are the most popular group in the world either, so if I'm "following a crowd" then so are you.

Which is it to be? :huh:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

s*** song sung by a s*** singer covering a s*** band says it all really.

Have you ever made a positive post ever?

ps. To whoever said she only made it cos of her dad, Lily is a MySpace success story. i'd heard of her long before I realised Keith Allen was her father.

Has anyone ever seen someone foist their musical thoughts on people as bad as VikingTon?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

ps. To whoever said she only made it cos of her dad, Lily is a MySpace success story. i'd heard of her long before I realised Keith Allen was her father.

well i hadnt. first time i heard of her it was "lily allen - daughter of keith".

if you check out her wiki entry, it states "Lily eventually used her father's connections to get signed to Warner Music in 2002"

sorry mate, but Myspace didnt even exist in 2002!

anyway, no point getting sidetracked from the main argument here. i know that you (and another few folk who have praised lily on here) are into a lot of good music, which makes me all the more surprised at you being a fan of lily allen. im pretty sure that in a few years time ye's will be cringin when you see that one as you scan through yer cd collection :P

well i hadnt. first time i heard of her it was "lily allen - daughter of keith".

if you check out her wiki entry, it states "Lily eventually used her father's connections to get signed to Warner Music in 2002"

sorry mate, but Myspace didnt even exist in 2002!

anyway, no point getting sidetracked from the main argument here. i know that you (and another few folk who have praised lily on here) are into a lot of good music, which makes me all the more surprised at you being a fan of lily allen. im pretty sure that in a few years time ye's will be cringin when you see that one as you scan through yer cd collection :P

Although I've defended her quite forcefully I've only heard her album, I've don't actually own it. I'm also saying all that I say in comparison to the Kaiser Chiefs, there are far greater musicians than Lily Allen out there but she is a whole lot better than the Kaiser Chiefs, which is the point I was making. I would cringe more for owning the Kaiser Chiefs album than I would if I am to ever by Lily Allen's album, and it just really annoys me when people make their minds up about artists when they've not even heard their music properly and never intend to listen to it.

Guest midTONs
After reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion that Viking Ton is a wee kn**.

I never read any of the thread I just wanted to know what you said as I know you're a perv... :lol:

I never read any of the thread I just wanted to know what you said as I know you're a perv... :lol:

:P

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

I like the kaiser Chiefs and I am beginning to like Lily Allan although I haven't yet heard her album. thought she was good on the telly recently. i do own a copy of the Chiefs album and think it's good. As I have already said earlier it's a personal choice.

Oh aye and she would still get it!! :D

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

After reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion that Viking Ton is a wee kn**.

Alas, your conclusion is incorrect.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Have you ever made a positive post ever?

Has anyone ever seen someone foist their musical thoughts on people as bad as VikingTon?

Yes have made positive posts but do them when you are not here to nitpick.

Dont get whenever someone suggests dont like something or someone it is always suggested that it shouldnt be posted if dont like it usually from a complete moron like yourself.

user posted image

See! There ya go! :)

ps. Does anyone know what he was on about there?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

See! There ya go! :)

ps. Does anyone know what he was on about there?

Seemed like a perfectly clear response to me.

Lily Allen's pish and you nitpicked because he said she was pish.

Opinions, opinions. What would the world do if we all conformed.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Archived