Greenock Celtic - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Celtic

rawheed rex

There are a large number of Celtic supporters in Greenock (proper ones, and plastics) whether we like it or not.

Don't we also have the biggest Celtic supporters' club in Scotland? :(

Well done for standing up for those of us who choose to support out team, but I don't think the guy was completely out of line. Is our local Celtic Supporters Club not the biggest in Scotland?

10/10 for attentiveness.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10/10 for attentiveness.

10/10 for obnoxiousness. :lol: Tend to give your posts a miss mate. :)

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Well done for standing up for those of us who choose to support out team, but I don't think the guy was completely out of line. Is our local Celtic Supporters Club not the biggest in Scotland?

I think that sort of question is totally out of order as is 'so who do you support- Cellic or Rangers?'

All it does is brand everyone as the one of the brain dead wasters who follow these teams for non footballing reason.

I think that sort of question is totally out of order as is 'so who do you support- Cellic or Rangers?'

All it does is brand everyone as the one of the brain dead wasters who follow these teams for non footballing reason.

I'm not saying that, nor am I implying it. Often support of a football team runs in the family, that isn't a bad thing, but when people assume because you live somewhere that you automatically support one of the Old Firm, it can be a tad annoying. What actually is a little insulting, is when folk ask you what team you really support when you say Morton or another non-OF team!

My passion for supporting Morton came from my dad, and I respect that similarly, a love of a Club, can be passed down in Rangers or Celtic supporting families. I wasn't implying people who support the OF are vacuous and supporting the team for a non-footballing reason.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Fanny. ^_^

:lol:

I'm not saying that, nor am I implying it. Often support of a football team runs in the family, that isn't a bad thing, but when people assume because you live somewhere that you automatically support one of the Old Firm, it can be a tad annoying. What actually is a little insulting, is when folk ask you what team you really support when you say Morton or another non-OF team!

My passion for supporting Morton came from my dad, and I respect that similarly, a love of a Club, can be passed down in Rangers or Celtic supporting families. I wasn't implying people who support the OF are vacuous and supporting the team for a non-footballing reason.

I was talking about why you dont think its out of line to suggest everyone in Greenock supports Celtic?

To me it just sums up the small mindedness of the majority of their supporters.

I was talking about why you dont think its out of line to suggest everyone in Greenock supports Celtic?

To me it just sums up the small mindedness of the majority of their supporters.

I think when someone says it's a Celtic town they don't mean every single person though, just that in general you are more likely to se a Celtic trackie than a Rangers one while walking about the town, which I think is true of Greenock.

In a perfect world they would all wear Morton gear but alas...I don't see the bigot brothers being moved down the pecking order any time soon.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

I think Sellick fans are the largest group, followed by Morton fans and then Rangers fans. When I say fans, I mean the ones who actually go to the games. Using supporters buses as a (very rough) guide, Sellick usually take about 6, Morton about 4 and Rangers about 2 I think.

6 buses leave from the celtic club alone and 3 leave from the port hibs, also 1 from the broomhill tavern.

CJ

Greenock and Clydebank had an ivasion of Irish workers many years ago which could account for the large number of Celtic fans. I used to work in Clydebank and would unfortunately class Clydebank and Greenock as Celtic towns. I would class Gourock as a Morton town, just edging Rangers.

Guest David Edwards
6 buses leave from the celtic club alone and 3 leave from the port hibs, also 1 from the broomhill tavern.

I wasn't counting Port Glasgow, and I didn't know about the Broomie Tavern bus.

That's what I thought. I think it's a disgrace, there's meant to be a ceasefire and de-commisioning of weapons and this is going on, it's a sad reflection on society.

I hope you put in a good donation, they are running short of balaclavas. :ph34r:

That's just my opinion.

Hate to admit it but here is my breakdown.

Greenock.

Rangers 50%

Celtic 30%

Morton 20%

Port Glasgow

Celtic 70%

Rangers 25%

Morton 5%

Gourock

Rangers 70%

Celtic 20%

Morton 10%

I am of the opinion we should move to another area, like Arran, oh wait even they have a large Rangers following. :angry:

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Greenock.

Rangers 50%

Celtic 30%

Morton 20%

Port Glasgow

Celtic 70%

Rangers 25%

Morton 5%

Gourock

Rangers 70%

Celtic 20%

Morton 10%

I am of the opinion we should move to another area, like Arran, oh wait even they have a large Rangers following. :angry:

Would agree with that breakdown.

I think when someones says Greenock is a "Hoops" town, they mean more so than usual, I don't think they are implying that every Greenockian supports Celtic.

Could have been worse, Greenock could have been called a Rangers town.

riverrun, past Eve and Adam’s, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

Guest David Edwards

Greenock.

Rangers 50%

Celtic 30%

Morton 20%

Port Glasgow

Celtic 70%

Rangers 25%

Morton 5%

Gourock

Rangers 70%

Celtic 20%

Morton 10%

How do you reckon your stats?

The Port would have been 70/30 maybe back in the early 80's, think you will find Barbie that it has changed over the years.

But, i would maybe put it at possibly 70/30 IRA sympathisers amongst it.

I always found it bizarre that the Port Sinn Fein would pronounce their name just as that; ie Sinn Feen instead of Shin Fain; wierd that, the ports a strange place; ma maw n faither are fae the Port, I'm even thinking of moving up there, but I'm not weird or into the Sinn Fein or the Parkhill Rats or whatever. I shake my head in disbelief when remonissing of a pint in the Wallace.

I always found it bizarre that the Port Sinn Fein would pronounce their name just as that; ie Sinn Feen instead of Shin Fain; wierd that, the ports a strange place; ma maw n faither are fae the Port, I'm even thinking of moving up there, but I'm not weird or into the Sinn Fein or the Parkhill Rats or whatever. I shake my head in disbelief when remonissing of a pint in the Wallace.

All gone now mate, i even had a run in with them once or twice. But i'm sure they still have their diehards still out there.

Archived