Poty... - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Poty...

The 2005/06 GreenockMorton.net player of the year is... Chris Millar!

Is someone on here taking the piss? Quite frankly, I find that unbelievable :huh:

Fair enough, but you are obviously one of the (vocal) minority. Lack of goals apart, Chris Millar had a good season. Get over it. <_>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, this Chris Millar love-in totally defys all logic.

So we whinge and moan about the lack of creativity in the team....well, who is meant to be our creative midfielder? Exactly. Stevenson says he's been told he'll take on the role of attacking midfielder, we've went and signed a new player because Millar is so incompetent at it.

So, we've established that we love our "creative" midfielder despite bemoaning a lack of creativity?Ooook.

Then we come to demanding a hard-man midfielder for 3 or 4 seasons in a row, but STILL we think Millar is wonderful even after all them years of a feather-weight midfield. The guy can't tackle, he's not a particularly wonderful passer or crosser, he's not good in the air, and basically, fulfills neither of the two midfield positions, and I really don't see how a player with no obvious expertise in any of those areas can become anything more than an average right mid either. If it wasn't for Scott McLaughlin's presence we would have been slaughtered many more times this season - look at the Ayr game down there when he was missing, we were embarrassing, and then another example being the 4-0 game when he went off and we capitulated even more. Millar doesn't have the ability or the spirit to scrap out these kind of affairs.

And as for MOTM polls....look at the amount of wee lassies etc that'll vote for the likes of Jason Walker every week. Some players are guarenteed quite a few votes most week because of their haircut.

AWMSC

If it wasn't for Scott McLaughlin's presence we would have been slaughtered many more times this season

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's been pish, i don't care about this thing people say about him doing all the work that goes un-noticed he's been pish IMO and i wouldn't come on here greeting like a wee wean had he been given Poty.

And BTW Millar is much better at corners/crosses/set pieces than McLaughlin

And as for MOTM polls....look at the amount of wee lassies etc that'll vote for the likes of Jason Walker every week. Some players are guarenteed quite a few votes most week because of their haircut.

Over the season this board has voted for a specific player based on their perfromance every week. While from a 'pure' footballing perspective it may not be a unanimous decision and a number of the voters may have been swayed by a stylish coiffure, it was the decision of the board. Nobody complained during the season about who was winning each week, so why complain now?

Or is it just another excuse to whinge and moan!

<_ scotinbelgie>

Over the season this board has voted for a specific player based on their perfromance every week. While from a 'pure' footballing perspective it may not be a unanimous decision and a number of the voters may have been swayed by a stylish coiffure, it was the decision of the board. Nobody complained during the season about who was winning each week, so why complain now?

Or is it just another excuse to whinge and moan!

<_ scotinbelgie>

Because I don't really give a flying f*** what 30 or so people think of a game...? Guys like Keenan can pick up 5/6 votes just for a laugh, so I would tend not to take it to seriouslly, but still, it beggars belief that we can greet about how useless our midfield is then claim one of the centre-mids has been our most consistent player :mellow:

AWMSC

fulfills neither of the two midfield positions

I dunno. I see in Chris a player who might function well not too far behind the attackers. In recent weeks, he's bolted into the box a lot to take advantage of short through balls. He does cover a lot of ground (although, as you say, he needs to get stuck in in the tackle a lot more.)

Or we could just play him out on the right like we used to, with Scott and Jamie in the middle...

EOho8Pw.png

I think the fact that an attacking/creative midfielder who cant't score, pass or tackle being voted player of the year says more about the people who use the massage board more than the ability of the player.

Look, this Chris Millar love-in totally defys all logic.

So we whinge and moan about the lack of creativity in the team....well, who is meant to be our creative midfielder? Exactly. Stevenson says he's been told he'll take on the role of attacking midfielder, we've went and signed a new player because Millar is so incompetent at it.

So, we've established that we love our "creative" midfielder despite bemoaning a lack of creativity?Ooook.

Then we come to demanding a hard-man midfielder for 3 or 4 seasons in a row, but STILL we think Millar is wonderful even after all them years of a feather-weight midfield. The guy can't tackle, he's not a particularly wonderful passer or crosser, he's not good in the air, and basically, fulfills neither of the two midfield positions, and I really don't see how a player with no obvious expertise in any of those areas can become anything more than an average right mid either. If it wasn't for Scott McLaughlin's presence we would have been slaughtered many more times this season - look at the Ayr game down there when he was missing, we were embarrassing, and then another example being the 4-0 game when he went off and we capitulated even more. Millar doesn't have the ability or the spirit to scrap out these kind of affairs.

totally agree

God Sakes!

He won fair and square, your were all the ones that voted for him through out the season, and now your saying you dont want him to get it! Well thank yourselfs you all voted for him.

Well done Chris!!

welcome to the massage board, new guy. we need someone who knows something about football. you'll be the first, obviously.

Careful, don't rub the guy up the wrong way , he might cast a "spel "on you

NorgieTon :D :D

Archived