Poty... - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Poty...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest midTONs

The 2005/06 GreenockMorton.net player of the year is... Chris Millar!

Is someone on here taking the piss? Quite frankly, I find that unbelievable :huh:

why? thats who we all voted for.

Guest Mick

mildly surprising. but a lot of people on here think he's the bee's knees.

i'd have gone for weatherson, myself.

I think that's a reasonably fair shout - best midfielder we have (he's the one that tries to do the work of three others most weeks when the remainder of the midfield fails to show).

Peter would have been my choice, though.

Guest midTONs

mildly surprising. but a lot of people on here think he's the bee's knees.

i'd have gone for weatherson, myself.

not a case of who you would have went for Rab, it was based on mom awards for each league game of the season, so I suspect of the course most people on here thought he was most consistent.

For the Record in my own POY vote for my travel club I went for Jim but I have no problem with Chris being awarded this one.

Really surprised me too. I would've expected both Peter & Jim to finish above Chris.

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

Guest midTONs

Really surprised me too. I would've expected both Peter & Jim to finish above Chris.

Thing is with this voting system its a matter of consistency, ok maybe Chris was not always voted motm but he was still getting points on the board, IMO after some thought I reckon the out come is a fair reflection although as Ive already stated he didn't get my travel club poty, that went to Jim.

Guest midTONs

C'mon Jim, Millar's just had his worst season in a Morton jersey but scoops POTY.

WTF is going on?

Bob he has been consistent enough to pick up points all season from everyone who votes weekly on this board, he deserves it for that alone and lets not forget he is being played in a position he is not comfortable with, so this is a massive achievement for him. Well done I say and I take it it you and a few others will not be contributing to the price of the trophy them?

Well done I say and I take it it you and a few others will not be contributing to the price of the trophy them?

Price of what trophy? :blink:

I couldn't justify paying money towards such a thing considering i'm currently trying to save for a holiday and clear debts amongst other things.

If it was only a few quid I probably will although it'll make be a bit of a hypocrite considering imo he's been garbage the majority of the season.

It'd be intersting to see how many votes were cast and who voted for who as there's several posters who'll vote for certain players no matter their performance.

Personally, i've voted about half a dozen times all season if i remember correctly.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I was surprised myself. He wouldn't have been my choice. However, that is what this voting mechanism came up with. Well done to him - I voted for him once or twice this season if memory serves :D

Just after reading what LargsTON said, I'll add a few words. Nobody should feel at all obligated to contribute towards the cost of the trophy. I was planning on just paying for it myself until another forum user suggested that those who *want* to chip in can do so. To that end, I will be asking people interested in contributing to contact me privately (not yet, please - my PM box is almost full at the moment) so that people don't feel pressured to add "aye, me too" to a thread somewhere.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a better way towards voting for a POY next season, this would be a good place to discuss it. I dislike the "Who was the best player all year?" votes that appear in May because quite often achievements at the start of the season are overlooked. I was thinking maybe of having 4 votes over the course of the season, which will give a clearer picture than voting after every match would, but wouldn't be a May vote that's heavily biased towards the end of the campaign. Any other ideas?

EOho8Pw.png

Guest midTONs

I am in no doubt certain I was the one responsible for suggesting that others should 'chip' in, I regardless of who gets the trophy think Nach should not pay for this himself, we all had the chance to vote all season and should repect the outcome regardless. As Ive said Chris was not my over all choice but he seems to be according to the forum voters the most consistent player, so then I'm happy to go along with that. As far as contributions are concerned Ive already pledged a 10th of what the overall price of the trophy will be. I would hope other board users are as generous, for at the end of the day its our board

Archived