Kevin Finlayson - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Kevin Finlayson

Due to the fact that I never rated Finlayson at Stranraer, I decided to pay close attention to his performance today, and what a performance it was! His energy and commitment is unbelievable, constantly bombing down the right and his first touch is outstanding. However the thing that stood out for me today was his positional sense, absolutely spot on - always found himself in the right place at the right time. There's no way he wasn't MOM today.

Looks like we've gotten ourselves a cracking player.

TRUST THE DUFF

Was thinking the same, sTONed. I wonder if "lisa" or "pol" from the unofficial boards will be paying us a visit soon to tell us what we're missing :lol:

I noticed his first touch as well, Chris, fantastic it was. Things look like they're coming together, but there's still work to be done.

EOho8Pw.png

Really impressed and delighted that we now have an actual right mid player who covers back and gets forward.And with McCallister on the other side we are looking good,lets Mclaren play a free role whom i would rather have in that role than Paul"Its ma baw"Walker.

Sorry but is true

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

Spot on Chris, bombing down the right describes it perfectly.

The guy is going to be much better for us than Paul Walker ever was and his fitness, commitment and maturity are godsends. This team is really looking great and Kev is one of the key guys.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Must admit I was saying to a few people I wasn't a fan of Finlayson when he signed. Thought we would've been much better off keeping "Pol".

How I have been proved wrong! Very impressed with his fitness, workrate, positional sense and ball control!!!

SUNSET FESTIVAL
In aid of Ardgowan Hospice
Greenock Police Club
Saturday 2nd July 2011

The above event solely contributed a donation of over £1240 to the Hospice. Great night, great musical performances, and great generosity from all of those who participated. Thank you. It will be back!

Enquiries to sunsetfestival@yahoo.com

i whole-heartedly agree, he's a much more useful player than paul walker was. walker was very skillful and pretty quick but he could only play in one position (the "old-fashioned winger") but finlayson is skillful, fast, tireless and tracks back like a right wing should.

a fantastic signing, imo, i wonder what stranraer fans think of paul walker, however?

Guest se56an
Agree 100%

MOM today was wee kevin.

Look forward to his confidence growing and maybe trying to get to the byline, taking his man on a bit more...

but today, and against the middens, he has really put in some good shifts.

12548[/snapback]

Wee Kevin???

Didn't think that 5' 8" was all that wee

Archived