Morton 3 Gretna 2 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton 3 Gretna 2

TRVMP

Gretna played better than us and I think we won tru them getting a man sent off.

Jim McAllister was mom for me, laid on both of Lilleys goals who in turn took them well.

Big Temps seemed to play much as he did last season, needs too many touches and was well taken care of by good defenders.

I'm glad to hear that Alex Walker was playing with an injury cos I would hate to think thats as good as he plays Keenan his sub played better on the whole apart from gifting Gretna their third goal.

Dissapointed by Millar so influential last season, largley invisible yesterday.

Jason played well, fantastic goal!! worked their defence harder than Temps.

Still good start, but league must be our priority.

foobs :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were second best for most of the game. Gretna look like a good footballing side and pose real threats upfront with Deuchar and Bingham. .

12426[/snapback]

I think the description in today's Mail, " a game of four halves", more or less sums up yesterday's match. I certainly don't agree that we were second best for most of the game. Like last season's CIS Cup match, Gretna looked good in the build-up (although I think we sat off them too much) but had little to offer in the final third. 'Super Ro' confirmed this post match when he said that Gretna had "no cutting edge" and their defenders never really got to grips with the Morton forwards. They'll be there or thereabouts, but Morton can play better. :)

Archived