Transfer - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfer

kenbroon

Hey guys im a killie fan and there has been some rumours here that you guys are looking at signing targets for the first division. Fraser Wright has been mentioned as a target.

Also, there is a guy training with us now Phill Cannie to get match sharp, i heard he played for u guys. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys im a killie fan and there has been some rumours here that you guys are looking at signing targets for the first division. Fraser Wright has been mentioned as a target.

Also, there is a guy training with us now Phill Cannie to get match sharp, i heard he played for u guys. Any help would be appreciated.

I work with him

and he's s***

Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.

------------------------------------------------------

Myleftnipple786.png

I have to add though, Phill is one of the nicest people I have met, he has alot of time for the fans and stuff, does alot for his kid and is a really sound bloke, I just dont rate him as a football player.

im gonna ask him if you're lying.

Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.

Myleftnipple786.png

I have to add though, Phill is one of the nicest people I have met, he has alot of time for the fans and stuff, does alot for his kid and is a really sound bloke, I just dont rate him as a football player.

im gonna ask him if you're lying.

I hope you also tell him what you've been saying about his footballing skills?!? :mellow:

I still find it hard to fathom why Phil gets SUCH a hard time on this board when he was one of a very small minority of players who looked as though they actually wanted to pbe there. At a time when everybody else had effectively chucked it, he looked more than interested. He's no Andy Ritchie, I would agree. However, what he lacked in skill, he more than made up in terms of desire / willingness.

Sometimes I'd rather have that before an over-rated, over paid, prima-donna-esque waste of space in a hooped jersey (dare I mention Mr McLaren).

Kind regards,

Mick

I hope you also tell him what you've been saying about his footballing skills?!? :mellow:

I still find it hard to fathom why Phil gets SUCH a hard time on this board when he was one of a very small minority of players who looked as though they actually wanted to pbe there. At a time when everybody else had effectively chucked it, he looked more than interested. He's no Andy Ritchie, I would agree. However, what he lacked in skill, he more than made up in terms of desire / willingness.

Sometimes I'd rather have that before an over-rated, over paid, prima-donna-esque waste of space in a hooped jersey (dare I mention Mr McLaren).

Kind regards,

Mick

he knows I dont rate him as a player, and he's ok with that, he even signed my program from his last season as it was the only one I was missing.

But I would rather have people like phill in a morton top, people who care about the club and want to win, rather than ppl looking for their next pay packet, maybe s*** is an over statement, because he did have his good matches.

I personally wish him all the best at Killie (if its true)

Myleftnipple786.png

Kind regards,

Mick

Excellent post.

Phil Cannie was a trier. He had the heart but sometimes not the skills to match. However, I think some people on this thread are being a little harsh when talking about him as a player. Towards the end of his spell with us he was coming on to a game and playing well, and I was surprised to see him being released at the end of the season.

Excellent post.

Phil Cannie was a trier. He had the heart but sometimes not the skills to match. However, I think some people on this thread are being a little harsh when talking about him as a player. Towards the end of his spell with us he was coming on to a game and playing well, and I was surprised to see him being released at the end of the season.

you just don't like blueraven Davie :lol:

Excellent post.

Spot on. Phil Cannie was made up when he got the chance to play for Morton and gave his all whenever he was called upon.

To see some of the totally unwarranted stick he attracts on here you would think he was the worst player ever to feature for us, when that is very far indeed from the case. It also overlooks the contribution he made for us at times.

In my opinion, some of the criticism the guy comes in for is well over the top.

Guest midTONs

Kind regards,

Mick

Excellent post.

I agree with the two above posts, at least you knew you would get 100% from Phil and he imo would never fall into the the category of the worst we've had.

you just don't like blueraven Davie :lol:

and I have nothing against the blueraven, other than his user name makes him sound like a ned ;)

:lol:

he isnt the worse, and he did have his moments, I have no problem with him, i think he's sound, I just dont think he was a great player. An you're right he doesnt really deserve the crap he gets, so I retract my statement, if more players thought and did like him we would have a better game.

Myleftnipple786.png

Archived