Alan Partridge Ton - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alan Partridge Ton

capitanus

14 hours ago, TRVMP said:

He's living in a lighthouse in Kent. You'd know this if you'd read Big Beacon, which was released last week on both Audible and e-book format.

Please note: reading it is mandatory.

That made me think of a song by a band called Salad, from the early 1990's.  It was called 'Kent' and had a catchy chorus 'why don't you live in a house in Kent, and spend all your money in Brent.'

I googled them and the years haven't been kind to them.  Unlike other indie bands of that era like Ride or MBV whose tunes are timeless classics and get better each time you hear them, this lot are just a cringefest to watch nowadays:

However, I'm sure Alan Partridge Ton would appreciate Miriam Van Der Minge, as she was a TV presenter too.  From Holland.

*insert signature here*

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

That made me think of a song by a band called Salad, from the early 1990's.  It was called 'Kent' and had a catchy chorus 'why don't you live in a house in Kent, and spend all your money in Brent.'

I googled them and the years haven't been kind to them.  Unlike other indie bands of that era like Ride or MBV whose tunes are timeless classics and get better each time you hear them, this lot are just a cringefest to watch nowadays:

However, I'm sure Alan Partridge Ton would appreciate Miriam Van Der Minge, as she was a TV presenter too.  From Holland.

This is a rubbish song by a rubbish band. You know who were good with a female frontman (or should I say frontwoman?) Sleeper.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, capitanus said:

If you're a fan of MBV, have you listened to the new Slowdive album?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

On 1/1/2024 at 2:05 PM, TAFKAC said:

If you're a fan of MBV, have you listened to the new Slowdive album?

I listened to it earlier on YouTube.   A few very good songs on it.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

• 2 months later...