Morton Vs Grangemouth - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Grangemouth

BishopBrennan

We relied heavily on Forbes last season for goals and goalscoring chances. We haven't replaced that threat with anything (first when he lost form, then when he finally gave in to his injury). At least when Jai is in the team we put pressure on the opposition defence and give their defenders something to worry about. We did manage to look dangerous at set pieces, but more because Falkirk weren't very good at clearing their lines. We struggled to open them up whatsoever. 

One of the most annoying things I heard around me at the game was the criticism of Armour being sent out on loan leaving us with no attacking options on the bench. The frustrating thing is really that there are no attacking options on the bench even when Armour is there. Without Jai and Forbes, options are very limited (to say the least). I think we need to replace their attacking threat with new signings or we could very well continue to slide down the league. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived