Mobile Phones - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mobile Phones

Alibi

I was thinking of getting a mobile for my boy for xmas. Choice seems to be between an Acer C6 Liquid express and an HTC Explorer. t-mobile has them at £10.21 a month which seems pretty reasonable even if T-mobile's signal strength seems to be a bit patchy round here. does anyone have any idea which is the better phone? The Acer has a better spec on the face of it but I have a suspicion the HTC might still be a better phone. It will be used for texting non-stop with a bit of internetting and maybe even the occasional phone call in extremis.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Can't really comment on either phone but noticed this earlier, just as an option. No idea if the Samsung Chat's any good or not either.

HH.

That's cheap. thanks, I will have a look at Tesco. Never thought of them.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Alibi, like the other guys have said i was not aware either that Acer were making phones. Can't comment on it but everyone i know who has an HTC phone say they are the dugs he haws so you can make up your own mind on that. As gary says googling is a good bet.

Just to mix it up a little i have a Blackberry and find it easy to use for Internet,, texts and BBM. Only thing is they have reliability problems.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

I'm going for a look in the shop. The HTC reviews are OK but it seems a little underpowered and not the best graphics. Mrs Alibi has an HTC Wildfire and it struggles to run Angry Frogs, so if it's not better tna that it's a bit too gutless. Acer reviews are few and far between and not very comprehensive. Also mediocre camera with no flash. The samsung camera's pretty poor too although I doubt it will get used much anyway.

Edited - it's a Samsung. Just looks like a Bramble.

I'm going for a look in the shop. The HTC reviews are OK but it seems a little underpowered and not the best graphics. Mrs Alibi has an HTC Wildfire and it struggles to run Angry Frogs, so if it's not better tna that it's a bit too gutless. Acer reviews are few and far between and not very comprehensive. Also mediocre camera with no flash. The Blackberry camera's pretty poor too although I doubt it will get used much anyway.

Depends what you want to use it for. I found it to be ok. Think it's 8megapixel which is all i need tbh. I just use the camera if something catches my eye and it's good for a quick snap.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Depends what you want to use it for. I found it to be ok. Think it's 8megapixel which is all i need tbh. I just use the camera if something catches my eye and it's good for a quick snap.

The one on that Samsung is only 2MP which is pretty primitive.

The one on that Samsung is only 2MP which is pretty primitive.

It is these days. Used to know a guy who worked locally for Carphone Warehouse. Haven't seen him for a while but I will pop in and see what he knows about the Acer phone.

Archived