Simpson Fight - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Simpson Fight

I've checked the forward listings online and can't see this fight on the TV.

Can anyone clarify if it is and what time it's likely to start at, bearing in mind the Champions League Semi that night as well.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Thanks Ghost.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Robbed again, what is terry oconner about absolute joke and bringin shame on boxin again,, are judges takin turns to screw john, absolute joke

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Gutted for John

Difficult decision to take, both gave everything and it was def. close, I would have said draw or one point either way, but how can one judge score a fight even and another make it 118 - 112 !!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is that all about

Don't think he was robbed, but that judges scorecard was ridiculous. A close fight that John had all in his own hands with three rounds to go, with Smith looking exhausted, but he let him back into it and overall probably just about the right result. Could have gone either way though and really thought John had it won in those middle rounds.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

John will wrap it now, it was close,draw if anything, sick of these english refs who continue to be against john, difficult to judge granted but there is no way he should take that result lyin down, wonder how much oconner was paid for that card. Ianjohn lewis and terry oconner will now be sittin down counting the money now

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I wouldn't have argued with a draw or a 1 point win for either but O'Conner should be removed as a judge, clearly not fit for the role after that scoring.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Smith probably shaded it but the scoring was ridiculous and didn't do boxing any favours.

I gave Smith an extra point on account of Simpsons shorts, leprechaun trousers with a nod to Liberace.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Granted smith dominated the first 2 rounds but simpson was on top from 3 to 9, with a share of 10 and 12, draw at least would have been the worst john should have got. It was close but if round 1 was a 10 /8 round for smith then john also had a 10 /8 round in the seventh when smith was all over the place. As for oconner that man is an absolute joke, he must have been watching a different fight altogether, he should not be allowed to officiate again, 118, 112 shocking.

Granted smith dominated the first 2 rounds but simpson was on top from 3 to 9, with a share of 10 and 12, draw at least would have been the worst john should have got. It was close but if round 1 was a 10 /8 round for smith then john also had a 10 /8 round in the seventh when smith was all over the place. As for oconner that man is an absolute joke, he must have been watching a different fight altogether, he should not be allowed to officiate again, 118, 112 shocking.

I actually got thinking how it could have possibly been scored 118-112.

The only way I can see it is if he scored the first a 10-8, gave Simpson the 5th & 7th (10-9) and scored 3, 4 & 12 as 10-10.

For what it's worth, I scored it 115-114 to Smith with Simpson winning round 3,4,5,7,10 (Smith 1,2,6,8,9,11) and a 10-10 in the 12th.

TRUST THE DUFF

I actually got thinking how it could have possibly been scored 118-112.

The only way I can see it is if he scored the first a 10-8, gave Simpson the 5th & 7th (10-9) and scored 3, 4 & 12 as 10-10.

For what it's worth, I scored it 115-114 to Smith with Simpson winning round 3,4,5,7,10 (Smith 1,2,6,8,9,11) and a 10-10 in the 12th.

Could it have been a 10-8 round? Not sure what rules were in place but i've seen a few in the past when only a knockdown can provide a 10-8.

I think O'Conner was deducting points from Simpson (of course not valid unless the ref indicates such) and 'gave' them to Smith for the warnings given to Simpson. I can think of no other way he could even contemplate an 18-12 score. Whatever it was he had it in for John alright.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

has john been pumping referees daughters or wives down that way because they always tend to be peaved off with him, its a disgrace and o'conner should never officiate again. I hope John does stay in the game, he has shown he has the tools and maybe moving down to super bantam is the route to go because he would do very well at that weight imo, but then he would still have to overcome dodgey referee's.

has john been pumping referees daughters or wives down that way because they always tend to be peaved off with him, its a disgrace and o'conner should never officiate again. I hope John does stay in the game, he has shown he has the tools and maybe moving down to super bantam is the route to go because he would do very well at that weight imo, but then he would still have to overcome dodgey referee's.

Maybe I am wide of the mark Stevie but English lads always seem to get the benefit of the doubt and indeed at times, as shown the other night, clear bias.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived