Has Greenockmorton.org Banned Mj? - Page 5 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Has Greenockmorton.org Banned Mj?

Rhubarb Mess

Naa, i'd rather let him see anything i post tbh, good point about still being able to see the board, its a friday thing :geek:

I may have to put you on ignore Ghost, nothing personal, but when I see your pic I start to obsess about

good malt whiskey. :unsure:

HHkTu1F.jpg

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:blush:

And from one of the more distinguished posters too - Sram, we finally made it man. I told you we would, if we didn't stop believing (the Journey version, not that Glee Club monstrosity).

I did say occasional chuckle ;)... :P

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

To put an end to what seems like endless speculation, I can confirm that MJ's account has been suspended indefinitely. The decision to do this was not taken lightly, but has been taken using the House Rules as guidlelines.

See below should anyone wish any clarification on house rules.

The highlighted pieces below are very pertinent to ALL OF US, please take a few moments to read them. As stated elsewhere, we are NOT in the habit of limiting free speech, but we do sometimes have to make decisions in the best interest of the board and it's members, and as a team we stand over this decision.

HOUSE RULES

Welcome to GreenockMorton.org, the unofficial home of the 'Ton, we're glad you swung by. :)

Please remember that you are responsible for what you post. The Moderation team responds to reported posts as it is able, but are not responsible for the forum's content. The forum is hosted in the UK and is subject to its defamation laws.

First thing's first, this place is run by Morton fans in their spare time as a hobby. The moderators want to browse and post on the forum just as much as everyone else. The last thing we want to be doing in our leisure time is to be debating over forum guidelines or dealing with serial attention seeking, time wasting, rule breakers. If everyone (Admin and Moderators included) can follow the rules and get along then we can all have a good time. Remember guys, it's just the Internet~!

FORUM RULES

1. The decision of the Admin and Moderation team is final. Relentless badgering will not help (and probably just make things worse.)
  2. Any illegal or inappropriate content will be deleted and the user will be warned. This includes, but not limited to:
    1. Copyrighted material (text, images, downloadable files, etc.)
    2. Direct links to illegal torrents/downloads
    3. NSFW images (see NSFW Content below)
    4. Racial, religious and sexual discrimination
    5. User harassment
  3. Abusing fellow members will not be tolerated. Any posts deemed threatening or bullying other users will be deleted and the user will be warned.
  4. Posts that may be damaging to the site or to Greenock Morton F.C. may be removed without explanation or notice.
  5. Repeated warnings will result in a suspension. Repeated suspensions will result in a permanent ban.
  6. Only 1 user account per person. If you wish to change your username, let one of the Admin team know via PM and we can change it. Additional user accounts will be permanently banned.
  7. Users may also be banned without notice or explanation from the team if we feel it is in the best interests of GreenockMorton.org.

Rule number 4: Were there any damaging posts made by MJ to result in his ban?

Why were many of the damaging posts by MidTons not removed at the time that he was fabricating the libelous remarks? Surely these posts were in contravention of rules number 3 and 4 of the forum and were more deserving of a ban than MJ.

Smacks of double standards to me. MJs face didn't fit, MidTons does.

Rule number 7: So why is it in the best interests of Gm.org to ban MJ? Is it in the best interests of the board and its members, or self-preservation by the Mods?

Is it due to the fact that MidTons was not properly moderated and this has resulted in a law suit? If MidTons had been properly moderated then one can't help but feel this ugly scenario could have been totally avoided.

Thats a complete cop out and you know it John.

If those rules where adhered to 100% there would be no **** on this forum.

Tontastic is acting like a complete tosspot and aye, you can go ahead and ban me, ban my ip, ban my mac address, whatever you ****ing want to do, to not have access to a site which carries out such imbalanced approaches would not lose me any sleep.

Very sad ****ing day indeed. And if anyone thought that by doing this that the problem would go away is obviously delusional.

I agree. It seems to me that this event has been used rather conveniently to try and supress MJ from his probe of the shambles that was the Stars of 79 night. I'm sure this won't be the end of the matter, this will drag on.

Bollocks

Disagree with you, take into consideration outwith the 79's night, the guy has been going at it constantly on here, everyone knows that, so for you to have a little thought for him is laughable and i'm surprised.

p.s. Yes NewTon and yer cronies, remember and make sure you copy these pages properly when sending them on ;)

Cronies!!!!

Are you on the Jura already big man? <_>

I am not anybodies crony, least of all MJ's. I respect MJ as much as I resepect everyone on here. The point I was making was that for some body to be banned off a forum is possibly taking it too far.

The second point I was making whether people like it or not is that it HAS all stemmed from the fallout from the '79 night. Since that night, the majority of posts on this board has been a lot of bitching, which has then been further fuelled with the sniping from the sidelines. INMHO there has a been a lot of people acting like spolied little kids in the payground. IT IS AN INTERNET FORUM WHEN ALL'S SAID AND DONE.

Fow what it's worth I think MJ is a complete Fud for taking legal action the way he did but seriously to get banned long term or even forever is a little of an over kill do you not think?

Right, fecking rant over, see you in the bar ya baldy bollox! :lol:

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

Cronies!!!!

Are you on the Jura already big man? <_>

I am not anybodies crony, least of all MJ's. I respect MJ as much as I resepect everyone on here. The point I was making was that for some body to be banned off a forum is possibly taking it too far.

The second point I was making whether people like it or not is that it HAS all stemmed from the fallout from the '79 night. Since that night, the majority of posts on this board has been a lot of bitching, which has then been further fuelled with the sniping from the sidelines. INMHO there has a been a lot of people acting like spolied little kids in the payground. IT IS AN INTERNET FORUM WHEN ALL'S SAID AND DONE.

Fow what it's worth I think MJ is a complete Fud for taking legal action the way he did but seriously to get banned long term or even forever is a little of an over kill do you not think?

Right, fecking rant over, see you in the bar ya baldy bollox! :lol:

Are you Engerlish by chance :lol:

Read my posts again. The p.s. part had nothing to do with the rest of my post :P

It's an absolute disgrace by the mods that the greenock guvnor hasn't been banned using Forum Rule 7.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Bollocks

Disagree with you, take into consideration outwith the 79's night, the guy has been going at it constantly on here, everyone knows that, so for you to have a little thought for him is laughable and i'm surprised.

p.s. Yes NewTon and yer cronies, remember and make sure you copy these pages properly when sending them on ;)

as a contributor to the night -was it ever announced how much for raised for the club?

Bollocks

:blink: :blink:

as a contributor to the night -was it ever announced how much for raised for the club?

Maybe I should add to this.

It was announced on another thread. £1600 loss was made :(

I hope the person who started this personal vendetta against DOCTOR Jag is pleased with himself. For shame.

I think you will eventually understand that MJ done this himself.

As for the personal vendetta statement, he has had these himself against a few folk and not just on this message board

Archived