Andrew Driver - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Andrew Driver

Breaking News On Sky Sports News Regarding Andrew Driver Just There...

He Has Failed To Meet The 5 Years Schooling Criteria...

Looks Like Levein Said He Would Do His Research To Make Sure He Wasn't In School For 4 Years 11 Months & 26 Days.

Good Or Bad News?

Is that not bloody annoying having to use shift that often? It's bad enough to read it...

As someone said on the telly this evening, I think it might have been the news presenter on STV, could we not just send him to night school for two months? Also, how much longer does he have to be in Scotland before he can switch nationalities?

If he really wanted to play for us, surely he'd be willing to switch nationalities to play?

As someone said on the telly this evening, I think it might have been the news presenter on STV, could we not just send him to night school for two months? Also, how much longer does he have to be in Scotland before he can switch nationalities?

If he really wanted to play for us, surely he'd be willing to switch nationalities to play?

You can't switch nationalities from English to Scottish (or from any UK nationality to another) after a period of residency because you still only hold a UK passport.

You can't switch nationalities from English to Scottish (or from any UK nationality to another) after a period of residency because you still only hold a UK passport.

Ok, that sort of makes sense. Does that also mean that when people like Manuel Almunia were being touted for England, as they have held residency for 4/5+ years we could also offer them the chance to play for Scotland?

Ok, that sort of makes sense. Does that also mean that when people like Manuel Almunia were being touted for England, as they have held residency for 4/5+ years we could also offer them the chance to play for Scotland?

Going by FIFA's eligibility rules, yes. But the home nations have a gentleman's agreement not to call anyone up unless they are born, or have a parent or grandparent born, in that nation. The new 5 year schooling rule is an addition to that gentleman's agreement.

However, a UK passport holder born abroad can represent the home nation of their choice. Northern Ireland goalkeeper Maik Taylor was born in Germany to an English father and a German mother but choose to represent N.I. This also applies to those people born in UK dependencies such as Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. None of those crown dependencies are officially part of a UK nation and neither do they have an international football team. So, people born there can also play for the nation of their choice. Channel Islanders like Graeme Le Saux and Matt Le Tissier could've played for Scotland if they wanted to.

It's five years COMPULSORY schooling, so it only counts for education until the age of 16.

whats

your problem

eh ???? :lol:

Your lack of an apostrophe and a comma. :rolleyes:

Another cack-handed joke and a total brass neck for the SFA this one. It should have been checked out to the nth degree before the boy was even sat down by Levein and urged to change his mind on his declaration. Driver's been let down and so has the manager by shoddy administration. Gordon Smith's reign is looking increasingly accident prone as time goes by.

Another cack-handed joke and a total brass neck for the SFA this one. It should have been checked out to the nth degree before the boy was even sat down by Levein and urged to change his mind on his declaration. Driver's been let down and so has the manager by shoddy administration. Gordon Smith's reign is looking increasingly accident prone as time goes by.

Surprisingly enough, I agree. Its a job that Martin O'Neill should be doing.

:)

*insert signature here*

I see Lee McCulloch wants back in the squad. Better not happen! :angry:

If Craig Levein wants to select me for next month's squad against Czech Republic I'd be delighted.

Sunday Mail - Lee McCulloch: I'd be delighted to play for Scotland under Craig Levein (14.02.2010)

I've never been a big Lee McCulloch fan, but there's no doubt that he's having a very good season for Rangers. He seems to be relishing playing in centre midfield.

I'm in two minds about this. I don't like the way he decided he 'didn't want to be considered for selection', but I think he's good enough for the squad. I'd rather see Scotland do well than hold grudges and play with lesser players and probably not qualify just to prove a point.

I think now is the time to wipe the slate clean and give everyone a new start under a new manager. If I was Craig Levein I think I'd pick him.

Archived