When Does The Transfer Window Open - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

When Does The Transfer Window Open

Mr.Blue

I reckon in January we're short of two players - a striker and a reliable attacking midfielder.

Remember we only have DvZ signed up until January. If he leaves, then full back HAS to be a priority - you've seen the difference it makes having natural full backs. If we get DvZ signed up til the end of the season or beyond, then a striker has to be priority. I don't really see the need for any more midfielders at the present time.

TTG JIM!!!

Stevie Murray? You surely don't want us to sign him?!
Not seen him play in ages apart from last week. Just wondered how he has ended up at Dumbarton?

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

Remember we only have DvZ signed up until January. If he leaves, then full back HAS to be a priority - you've seen the difference it makes having natural full backs. If we get DvZ signed up til the end of the season or beyond, then a striker has to be priority. I don't really see the need for any more midfielders at the present time.

Crying out for a quality play maker but we aint got that amount of cash to splash about.

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

I was assuming that van Zanten stayed - I agree if he goes then a full back is important, although possibly Reid switches to RB and Monti comes in at LB as a stop gap.

If van Zanten stays then I agree a striker is first priority, but I really think we're also missing someone pacey and challenging through the centre from the midfield, and unless Jenkins comes back a different player then his consistency lets him down. And McGuffie's not at his best in the centre, which leaves a big space in the attacking options.

Its not about quantity of midfielders, its about quality - and I think we have too few attcking central midfield options (at the moment - none).

Talking of wingers . What about the left winger who is with Dumbarton and I am sure was at Kilmarnock.

The wee rolly polly guy? you must be jesting. :lol: Jimbo would be a big loss in my eyes but I think McGregor should go on loan in Jan and then let go at the end of the season.

The wee rolly polly guy? you must be jesting. :lol: Jimbo would be a big loss in my eyes but I think McGregor should go on loan in Jan and then let go at the end of the season.

I think we'll be surprised how many "old faces" sign on again in the Summer - my gut feeling says this could include McAlister, unless he simply decides to try his luck at another First Division club. I don't see McGregor being freed up, simply because we still have very few defensive options - he might not be first choice once Walker's back. I assume we need three Full Back options (van Zanten, Reid and Walker) plus three Centre Back options (Greacen, McGregor and Shimmin) - if McGregor went and Shimmin still wasn't available then McManus would have to be the sub in every game, and if we picked up an injury would have to play every game.

McGregor's not my favourite player, but I think his role's safe till the Summer.

Talking of wingers . What about the left winger who is with Dumbarton and I am sure was at Kilmarnock.

:lol:

Going by the look of him, I'd say at this moment in time Shimmin is probably slimmer than him.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Archived