The Free Games On Xbox Live - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Free Games On Xbox Live

SramTon

Anyone else tried the free games on XBox Live: 1v100, Dash of Destruction, and Totemball?

1v100 is on every night from 7.30 to 9.30pm, though only done "properly" on Fridays and Saturdays. It's pretty decent if you're at all into quizzes. I generally play the 9pm game, if anyone want's to join in.

Dash of Destruction takes about 30mins to complete and earn all 200 Gamerpoints. It's a retro-style 2D top-down racer (sort of like Micro Machines) but with dinosaurs chasing cars. I quite enjoyed it while it lasted and it's worth the download.

Totemball, on the other hand, is like a crucifixion simulator. The most physically uncomfortable gaming experience since Daley Thomson's Olympic Challenge on the C64. It needs the Live Vision camera to play and isn't recommended unless you're into masochism.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Dash of Destruction takes about 30mins to complete and earn all 200 Gamerpoints. It's a retro-style 2D top-down racer (sort of like Micro Machines) but with dinosaurs chasing cars. I quite enjoyed it while it lasted and it's worth the download.

How the hell do you best complete the final T-Rex final? The other dinosaur is way too quick!

How the hell do you best complete the final T-Rex final? The other dinosaur is way too quick!

Still stuck?

I found that the best tactic was to try to keep tabs on where the computer's T-Rex is. If a new truck appears and it's closer to the computer than you, then don't bother going for it as you've no chance of succeeding: just move closer to the centre of the map and you should have a head-start for the next truck to appear.

Bear in mind that the computer trucks are trying to get to the white circles so try to head them off rather than just chasing after them.

Try to avoid lunging when you're the favourite to get a car unless you are confident of hitting, but always try a lunge if the computer is the favourite.

Other than that just keep trying: I found that on L5 and L6 my successful attempts didn't seem to be necessarily my best efforts. I think there's a bit of luck involved!

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

I left for Hampden just after that post, but will try that in the morning when I sober up... standing in the pissing rain with a bottle of vodka at Cathkin Park is neither big nor clever.

Is it not a gay pick-up place now? :unsure:

Edit: I mean Cathkin Park, not Hampden or Saltcoats. :ph34r:

If it is there's obviously not many of them, or it's a night venue, cos apart from me and my mate there was no **** there... unless they drowned in the pishing rain! :lol:

Well, if there was no c**t there that's generally a sign! ;)

Have een trying 1v100, it's pretty good. Live game has retards as the One tho...

I completed Dash of Destruction in 10 mins or something!! Not bad for free

there's some free games on the American marketplace, and free video and stuff too

Just start a new profile, change area to US, register a hotmail account with a us postcode ( I used 90210 :) ) and then make that your username too.

Voilà-free games, and see how the other half live-they get loads of free s***!

Aegis Wing is available that way. It's a bit cack tho

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Aegis Wing is addicting as hell. The other one I got free off the American Marketplace was Yaris which was pretty good as well. :)

As for 1vs100, it should be completely random how they choose the 1 and the 100, rather than dependant on previous performances and overall scores cos there's people on there with absurd lifetime scores and absurd average speeds. The live games are quite good even when you're not in the 100, but the extended play gets really boring and there are questions being repeated already.

I was playing it earlier cos I can't play anything else - I have no arcade games downloaded and my xbox won't read any disks (:() - and was shown up by Sram "Google" Ton. :P

TTG JIM!!!

Have een trying 1v100, it's pretty good. Live game has retards as the One tho...

there's some free games on the American marketplace, and free video and stuff too

Just start a new profile, change area to US, register a hotmail account with a us postcode ( I used 90210 :) ) and then make that your username too.

I got to the final level in about that but kept ****ing up it. Got it at the first attempt the next time I tried it though.

I was playing it earlier cos I can't play anything else - I have no arcade games downloaded and my xbox won't read any disks (:() - and was shown up by Sram "Google" Ton. :P

They want 78 quid to repair it! Absolute joke, told them not to bother.

I've had it repaired 4 times previously and I'm obviously still having problems .. I'd rather pay a wee bit more (can get an arcade for about £100 and obviously I've already got required accessories (wireless controller/headset/Live/HDD)) and get a brand new fcking console than have them fix one problem and create another for 78 bloody quid!

TTG JIM!!!

Good thinking Donga, have just registered my US account and downloaded Aegis Wing.

Don't see any other free content at the moment, but will have a look over the next few days.

The US times for 1v100 are actually better than the UK times (for me anyway). Knowing my luck, I'll be selected as the One and win the laptop, only for it to be sent to my home address in Beverley Hills! I've visions of Shannon Doherty kicking **** out of Jason Priestley and Jennie Garth as they fight over ownership of the laptop which the postman just randomly delivered to them.

Tori Spelling would make a good end of level baddie.

Yer Dong

Anyone tryed the demo for Trials HD ? what a laught that game is ! i remember playing it on the net ages ago and its still good.

1200 points to buy it though if i remember right.

I played it for a bit last night.

Really enjoyed the demo, reminded me of Kickstart on the C64.

Still 1,200 points isn't far off a tenner and I can buy the likes of Burnout Paradise for that...

I played it for a bit last night.

Really enjoyed the demo, reminded me of Kickstart on the C64.

Still 1,200 points isn't far off a tenner and I can buy the likes of Burnout Paradise for that...

Yep thats whats putting me off.....maybe if it was like 600 points then aye why not but naw over 1k :lol:

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

It depends where you get em. I got 2100 for about 14 quid.

Yer Dong

It depends where you get em. I got 2100 for about 14 quid.

I got three batches of 2,100 points for £9.99 each. Now wish I'd bought more when I had the chance.

Also got GTA4, 12 months Gold, and 1,600 points for £30 all in. :D

I'm down to my last 2,000 points now though, so need to be a bit more choosy.

Archived