Bad Grammar - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bad Grammar

Toby

Yes, it does get annoying when you have to scan a post about 3 times to get the general idea of what the person is talking about but its upto that person how he or she type. Obviously it is bad practice to continue doing but at the end of the day there is much more pressing matters instead of grammar.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it does get annoying when you have to scan a post about 3 times to get the general idea of what the person is talking about but its upto that person how he or she type. Obviously it is bad practice to continue doing but at the end of the day there is much more pressing matters instead of grammar.

its upto that person how he or she type.

I prefer a she type.

I went to Uni with a boy who had lived in Britain his entire life, however he was encouraged at home to communicate in his 'national' tounge which was Punjabi. Despite the fact he attended traditional UK schools his writing was particularly poor. I recall him getting 10% on an Economics Essay and was shocked when I read it. In places there was no grammer, indeed, one sentance ran 14 lines without any punctuation marks, and in general it was written in the way a text message would be written. We tried to help him by giving him the details of the Uni learning zone but he declined saying there was nothing wrong with his writing.

In the end it came to a head when he failed most of his 3rd year and about 2 months after I had graduated (approx 15 months after I finished 3rd year) he was still sitting exams.

My sentence strucutre can be pretty bad at times and have to admit in my current job it's something I need to vastly improve on.

I read texts/bebo messages and if it is in entire 'text speak' I'll probably not read on, same with texts if I have 160 charachters I'll use every last one if needs be!

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

I went to Uni with a boy who had lived in Britain his entire life, however he was encouraged at home to communicate in his 'national' tounge which was Punjabi. Despite the fact he attended traditional UK schools his writing was particularly poor. I recall him getting 10% on an Economics Essay and was shocked when I read it. In places there was no grammer, indeed, one sentance ran 14 lines without any punctuation marks, and in general it was written in the way a text message would be written. We tried to help him by giving him the details of the Uni learning zone but he declined saying there was nothing wrong with his writing.

In the end it came to a head when he failed most of his 3rd year and about 2 months after I had graduated (approx 15 months after I finished 3rd year) he was still sitting exams.

My sentence strucutre can be pretty bad at times and have to admit in my current job it's something I need to vastly improve on.

I read texts/bebo messages and if it is in entire 'text speak' I'll probably not read on, same with texts if I have 160 charachters I'll use every last one if needs be!

In places there was no grammer

Where did Kelsey go ?

:blink: :blink:

Archived